gymetc and harlands - dont know what to do

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

looking for some advice

- my daughter joined gymetc where she enjoyed attending until some unwelcome attention from a personal trainer has made her feel very intimidated.

he messaged her and told her things he'd imagined with her when she made it clear she was not interested.

He told her that ither people in the gym had mentioned how the two of them were getting along.

She is a very naïve and sensitive 18year old girl and now does not want to go to the gym.

I asked her to let me contact them but she doesn't want to get the PT into trouble (silly I know but she is a worrier)

Her friends redcommended she canx the DD and just ignore till they go away

Now we have a letter from Harlands stating she has now incurred a further £25 charge and as such is in £89.98 arrears

under your memebership agreement you have promised to pay this debt.

if you continue to refuse to honour that commitment we will have no option to take further steps

ignoring our letters is only resulting in further charges being added

if you do not contact us by 15th august your balance of 229.91 will be passed to a debt recovery company who will add fess to their account.

So - do I contact the gym or Harlands?

she'll pay for what she owes although I'm not sure how much that is,

perhaps £25 but she isn't paying the rest and we need to formally cancel.

I'm happy to detail exactly why the inappropriate actions of their employees has led to this

thanks in advance

I think i'd be sending the contents of those texts to their flippin MD by email..

when did she stop attending

when did she cancel the DD

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ignore them. And I would be informing the md of the gym and threatening to get the police involved

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

hi

thanks

she stopped going two months ago and it's £20 per month. Im trying to find a head office for gymetc - my daughter doesn't want to go direct to the gym knowing they are all mates and people she know go there etc. I think she just wanted to walk away and they canx her membership and forget about it,

perils of social media too I guess that everyone knows everything

I'll ignore harlands - I didn't know whether to email them advising of situation and intention to cancel

this is in their terms though

Breach: This agreement can be cancelled if we are in breach of contract including if we do not provide facilities or services you may reasonably expect and we have fallen well below that standard

it is this that I will be cancelling the membership under - looks like we will have to contact them

I'd say they breached it under the harassment

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Gilly,

It's understandable that YD doesn't want to go into too much detail about this and kick up the fuss which others would be happy to do. However, YD must approach the gym to explain why she had to cancel the m/ship.

YD doesn't need to worry about Harlands too much at this stage. Shortly, they'll write to YD using their CRS letterheading but this can also mostly be ignored. The same advice goes for demands that are likely to be received from The Zinc Group and Spratt Endicott (Harland's current pet solicitor).

These demands are speculative and, despite what they threaten, they are not able to enforce their admin fees or the gym fees.

YD needs to contact the gym for 2 reasons :-

1. To help stop the PT doing this to other vulnerable young girls.

2. To give them her reason for cancelling the gym agreement without giving the normal notice required, or for the usual reason (redundancy, relocation, injury or illness).

She does not need to go into too much detail initially but, if the gym are foolish enough to release YD from the m/ship, then we can help her disclose further info as necessary.

If you want to draft a letter and post it her for comment, you're welcome to do this. Or let us know if you need help with this.

Most importantly, do NOT deal with this by phone at all. If Harlands/CRS try to call YD, tell her to simply say nothing and hang up. She cannot compel her to talk to them.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

there doesn't seemto be a headoffice - the only email address is for the local gym itself -. any other contact on the website is to Harlands

From what I've found I believe the company number is 03462245 (search it on the Company House BETA site - can't link it I don't have enough posts).

F X Leisure Limited.

Fx Leisure, King Street, Leyland, Lancashire, PR25 2LF

Not sure if this helps or not.