Deposit refund from Paypal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

Been caught up in the lowcost holidays collapse..

Paid initial deposit via Paypal.

.which is linked to a RBS Mastercard.

..Paypal said will refund after 10 days.

..Now saying are in contact with administrators.

...Are deposit payments protected under paypal.

..I have had my Balance paid through Lloyds Visa Debit

..Refunded via chargeback.

.But Paypal dragging there feet and I keep getting different answers off different operators when I phone..

...Any help appreciated ..

was this a mastercard credit card, if so do a section 75, bypass paypal?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

S75 claim should be against Paypal not the holiday company. It is then up to Paypal to try and get its money back.

You paid the money to Paypal and they paid it to the holiday company. But you will find Paypal will put your Paypal account into a debit balance and try chasing you for the money both directly and through whatever DCA's they use these days. Effectively your Paypal account will be closed.

no not conflicting

differing view points

however aburobert is good with PP stuff better than me.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Paypals initial public response to Money Saving Expert was

...PayPal. If you paid by PayPal, you're covered by its buyer protection scheme – but only if you raise a dispute within 180 days of paying.

.A spokesperson told us: "Purchasers of holidays from Lowcostholidays paid for with PayPal are indeed covered under PayPal buyer protection. They have 180 days from the date of payment to open a dispute relating to the payment."...I am hoping that they are slow at refunding owing the sheer numbers.....

Will the fact that I have only paid an initial deposit for my Holiday via Paypal ..And the Balance via my Bank (refunded) have any bearing on the decision...I have read about "split payments" being a bit of a grey area...But not sure as to what precisely split payments means ..and if it has any bearing to my individual case...?? Anyone help on these points..

Did you pay more than £100 by PPI on your card then its covered by sec 75 regardless

and they

conflicting advice here folks...by pass Paypal...And s75 Paypal...aburobert...why would paypal chase me for the money ?

If you initiate a chargeback against Paypal and succeed Paypal will simply take the money out of your Paypal account.

If there are no funds available this will leave your account with a negative balance hence Paypal will eventually chase you for the money.

If there are funds in the Paypal account Paypal will be happy and you will be screwed as there is no way Paypal will refund you.

Paypal do not like chargebacks as there is little they can do against them except make a lot of noise.

They do not care one iota whether you are in the right or wrong as you will,

no doubt, find out your self should you enter into kind of communication with them..

Following on - if Paypal have publically announced you are entitled to a refund and you have made a claim then I would hold on for a little longer UNLESS they have already refused your claim which, if the case, I would go for the chargeback via S75
...I think that's what I will have to do..give them a bit more time..They are now paying out some people, It could be a numbers thing...If they say no..It's a chargeback via visa mastercard

not section 75 you paid over £100 using the credit card.

infact mastercard would also be liable for the whole thing too if read section 75.

and they