Warning RE VAnquis Credit cards

stevokenevo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Around a year ago i got a capital one C.C, to help improve my credit rating( i didnt have any form of credit) which i used and paid in full monthly, £200 credit limit and they hold a £200 deposit from me.

It served its purpose and i got a good mortgage deal in august this year.

I decided to apply for a new C.C and close my capital one account to get my £200 deposit back. I applied for a vanquis gold visa card with an APR of 19.9% (10% better than the capital one card at 29.9%) shiny new card appeared through letter box on friday, however it is not the gold card i applied for, or even there next best effort, a 'blue card' but an 'abacus card'? rechecked the website to find this comes with a typical APR of 39.9% read and reread all the literature they sent me but could find nothing detailing how much my APR was exactly. phoned them to enquire why i hadnt received the card id applied for, was told this was the best card i was eligible for, explained they hadnt told me my apr to be informed they have gave me a card with an APR of 49.94% !!!!!!!! OMG if i hadnt have asked they wouldnt have told me!! i wa planning to balance transfer from capital one at 29.9% to this mob at 49.9%!! that would have been good ehh ;-) needless to say i have cut the card up and it will be posted back to them.... robbing B**T**Ds

Ask them to close the account as well Stevo. Otherwise this will still show up as active on your credit files.:)

Halifax 1

WON - £1,355.49 21/07/06

MINT

WON - £273.81 14/09/06

First Direct

WON - £913.50 01/09/06

Capital One

WON - £130.13 03/11/06

Halifax 2

WON - £188.03 01/12/06

Kensington Mortgages ERC

MCOL for £6,204.39 Discontinued

Halifax Mortgage Admin fee

WON - £10.00

Direct Line Mortgage Redemption Fee

WON - £99.00

Halifax 3

MCOL for £109.01 reg 07/03/07

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/redemptionfees/

Please sign this petition x

• 2 weeks later...

Vanquis. These guys are crooks - they send us all sorts of junk through the post, some APRs I have seen are as high as three figures!:o I think they tend to prey on those in the poorer areas (my area is full of workshys), and those who can't get credit. I sent back the junk mail "return to sender" with my name removed, and "scummy loan sharks" written all over it. Strangely, they haven't sent us anything for a while, now.:cool:

Advice, AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

P.S. Off topic, but Crapital One let me have a Credit Card, £150 credit limit, but they wanted a £99 deposit first!!

thats not really a credit card when you pay money up front is it...

My only cc is an egg on at 16.9% apr. Which I have a DD set up so £100 gets given to egg every month (most of the time giving me a positive balance). Have you not tryed to get a cheaper credit card such as egg/virgin etc. May be better then a gold card @ 19.9% even if u did get it

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

• 1 month later...

So glad you read enough to see what was the crack with this card!!!

Aren't they a bunch of crooks??

Mkae sure you get them to close the account to make sure they don't stuff you with a charge for an "Annual Fee" as I am sure they'll try suck something out of you in resepct of something like this.

A shame that they've probably left a big muddy footprint on your credit file. Not that it was adverse, but it might be worht a letter that as you did not receive the product you originally requested, and rejected it out of hand - you wish their footprint to be removed from your CRA file?

• 1 month later...

hi All

Just read this thread and would like to share my practice with you all.

What I do is write across the form NOT REQUIRED and then post it back to them in their own envalope:D

lazybones :D

All opinions expressed by me are my own personal ones........

If in doubt seek Professional Advice

MBNA....... S.A.R....Posted..12/3/07

Delivered..13/3/07..Replied..20/4/07-- Incmplete

Non-compliance letter sent...01/05/07

LTSB........S.A.R. ..Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..20/3/07..Replied..21/4/07--Incoplete

Non-compliance letter sent...07/05/07

AL+LE...... S.A.R... Posted..14/3/07

Delivered..15/3/07..Replied..20/4/07--Complete

• 2 months later...

Another tip- do this at breakfast, open the letter, fill out a whole load of abuse about their APR, sweep your toast crumbs inside, and send back the whole lot- the heavier the envelope the more it costs, and the toast crumbs will go everywhere :-)

Any advice or opinion given is done so in the spirit of goodwill and assistance, but please note I'm not legally trained or qualified, only hoping to help. My advice or opinion is based on experience in my life, and research from forums such as this and other useful sites.

Please seek professional legal advice if you are in any doubt about what to do next with your personal case.

There are many threads on this forum to help you and I do recommend searching around to see what steps others have taken. You're in good hands with CAG-

buy a ConsumerActionGroup.co.uk email address, and help to keep this forum going!

If you like what I say, feel free to give those scales a tickle :-)