• Tweets

• I have been in the motor trade for 35 years and have used hundreds of companies for a variety of repairs, only once have i had a major problem which i sorted out in County Court and won. I had a Vauxhall Insignia with an engine fault and advertised on 1st Choice car repairs site for a repair.  Jack, actually his alias Lee contacted us with a quote which we accepted. We transported the car to Unit 4/18 Burnt Mills Road North Benfleet SS129JX expecting its return within the promised 28 days. I have had every excuse you could possibly imagine, in the last 2 YEARS!! as to why the car is not repaired. Ecu faults, Ignition faults, Gearbox faults, Exhaust faults, Wiring chaffing faults, Communication faults, Cancer treatment delaying the repair, medical treatment in Turkey delaying the repair, Covid delaying the repair!! The man is a pathological liar and a fraud. He is now refusing to tell me where the car is and refusing me access to collect it. He is under investigation by trading standards dept Jasper Singh officer in the case but he just keeps getting away with it. Police say its a civil debt and not a criminal offence. 1st choice do not want to know, they refuse to do anything other than request the car be repaired directly by UK169 which is of course ignored I found recently all the posts on this site about Jack and his tactics but it was too late. To date i am £6200 out of pocket to this man and it appears the law is powerless to deal with dishonest rogues.
    • The missing parcel is Evri uk , it was going from Shropshire to Cornwall and has gone missing.   but it got me wondering as i also sent a parcel abroad the same day if that had gone missing where would i stand ...    
    • Another farce kicking everything into the long grass - as usual for these corporate and political criminals Post Office scandal: Police to deploy 80 detectives for criminal inquiry. Investigation will dig into potential perjury offences and perverting the course of justice by senior leaders and Fujitsu   Police have asked government for a special grant of at least £6.75m to fund the operation. Police will not seek charging decisions, that is send files of evidence to the Crown Prosecution Service, until after the public inquiry into the Post Office scandal concludes, which is expected in autumn 2025.   It is expected the CPS will not reach charging decisions until 2026, and the wait for any criminal trials could be even longer.     Post Office scandal: Police to deploy 80 detectives for criminal inquiry | Post Office Horizon scandal | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Exclusive: Investigation will dig into potential perjury offences and perverting the course of justice by senior leaders and Fujitsu    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

atos medical

sukinath
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi and thanks

my husband had a medical 2 years ago and was declared fit for work we then took t to a tribunal which overturned there decision he now as to attend another in a weeks time we have been to see his GP and he said they have not sent im any form to be filled in regarding his medical condition i find this rather strange all though his condition as not improved as he as severe copd and been on none stop antibiotic and steroids over the last 6 months any advice would be much appreciate thank you in advance

Have you not received the ESA1 form to fill in and return?

Probably not, as this is a new tactic they have deployed to kick people of social security.

If not fill this in BEFORE he attends, and take ALL/EVERY piece of supporting documentation with him, which the fake health care practitioner must read prior to carrying out the interrogation.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/419630/esa1.pdf

If you can go with him PLEASE do, and go into the interrogation with him, take notes, if you feel you need more time, then tell them you want the interrogation recorded, this will undoubtedly lead to it being cancelled whilst they get one of the three working audio recorders to your part of the country.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi yes we did receive the form and filled it in thats why i can`t understand why they have not contacted his GP we have also had to pay for a letter from his doctor as they have not done so

last time i took notes i was given a lecher on taking notes

Who gave you that Lecture? Not the fake HCP by any chance??

If you've filled out the form they sent, then that's fine, I've probably loaded the wrong one?? :frusty:

As for having to pay for the Dr's note, make sure you keep a note of how much you paid for it, and complain to your local MP and demand to know why they are still allowing this department to make up their own laws, and why aren't they doing something about it?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

yes the lecture came from the so called dr but my main concern his without the GP form how can they do a proper assessment

The majority of assessments are carried out without them contacting GP's for confirmation of existing health conditions, they as far as i know never ask for detailed reports probably in part down to costs, but they aren't there to act in our interests they are contracted to find as many people claiming ESA fit for work and that is what the government are paying them to do

the one he had 2 years ago they contacted the GP and had the report ready when we arrived on the form they asked for permission to contact his GP

They move the goalposts to suit their needs, what they did last week, isn't what they'll do next week if it doesn't work to their advantage.

Always remember that this little tick box exercise, isn't designed in anyone's interests except for theirs.

I do hope you told the misfit who tried coaching you one taking notes exactly where to go?

Who do they seriously think they are?

well thank you for the reply's :oh well: just have to see what happens i will let you know

All the best, let us know how it goes... :thumb:

It may be that they contacted another GP in your practice which they did with me and the form was filled in on notes but more on the second GP's knowledge of me, he cared for my stepson and late wife but is only really aware of my anxiety /depression.

have you asked for a home visit, might be worth a shot if he has COPD

Remember as well that this should be about what he can do not what he is able to do with your help

take as many notes as possible but please try to get someone, preferably you, to be with him

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

• 2 weeks later...

just a quick update at the medical center they did not ask as many questions as they had previously had she was very respectfully towards my husband there was not a real examination as was done previously also at the end she said could we wait in the waiting room as she had to see her CO you this is i dont know if anyone can shed any light on this i would much appreciate this thank you in advance

From the context, it sounds like she meant her boss, supervisor or whatever. I'm not familiar with "CO", though. I guess in the military it means "Commanding Officer" but that's probably not it here.

If she didn't do much of an examination and then went off to speak to a colleague, supervisor or whoever, it's possible she was just checking that it was OK to recommend that he be found not fit for work without a full exam.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Just checked my list of abbreviations the DWP use, and the only C/O they use (printed exactly like that-C/O)

Is Care Of, or Complaints of.

Try not to raise your hopes but if the HCP believes someone meets a support group criteria they have to confirm with a supervisor if necessary before terminating the assessment as the rest of it would be unnecessary. I would guess this is what has happened here.

Good luck.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

last time i took notes i was given a lecher on taking notes
They apparently don't like you taking notes, nor do they like you asking them about their qualifications as a HCP There is some case law on it,

CE/62/2016

Failure 'to submit' to a medical examination when a health care professional refuses to divulge details of their experience

http://www.osscsc.gov.uk/Aspx/view.aspx?id=4850

• 5 weeks later...

just a quick note to let you know my husband passed the medical and they won`t be contacting him again for 3 years finally some thing positive

thank to those you've helped

Excellent news, it's a weight off isn't it!! I slept for hours when I beat them after three years of fighting.... :thumb: