Robinson Way chasing an unknown debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I need a little advice on something that cropped up on my credit report awhile back. After noticing a default being registered from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd for an alleged debt for £3,194.00 I entered a dispute with the credit reference agency to gather further information (Noodle.co.uk) I was told it was for a Santander account.

Firstly I have never had an account with that bank or any financial association in any form at any time. The claim is the account began in 2004 and defaulted in 2011. This is blatantly untrue as previously stated I have never had an account with this bank and certainly not during this stated time period. I did however have an account with the Abbey National Bank, but I'm sure I left that bank in 2000, and certainly never had a debt that I can ever recall. I know Santander took over Abbey National in 2004 (after doing a little research), however I had left the Abbey long before this happened.

I have since just received a letter from Robinson Way stating I owe this money and that it is for a Santander account. I deny I owe any money to Santander on the grounds I have never held any account with them and the nearest association I can reasonably find is from the Abbey National Bank which I left in 2000. Surely this debt doesn't exist, nor can I be harassed for a statue barred debt that is over 15 years old (if it even exists in the first place).

Is there any action I can take that will get this default removed from my report, and also any action I can take against Robinson Way for maliciously damaging my credit report?

Many thanks

Phil

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for the reply, I'll certainly be asking them to prove it. Unfortunately as they have put a default on my credit report I can't ignore them as this is having a detrimental effect on my credit rating. I am furious that they are allowed to do this!

If theres a default, contact the CRA's and put a notice of dispute against it. Theyll contact the dca for more info. But for now, until you have clarification, dont contact the DCA. Most of the time, they throw on on there out of spite, even though they are NOT allowed to do it. Especially if that default wasnt there before. Only the OC can put a default on your file. Not the new owner. If you have a historical copy, then you are on more solid ground as you can show it wasnt there previously and theyve added it. Indeed, if it was there, it would have been there since 2011.

If this is the case, then when you challenge the DCA, they will usually back right down, as there was no debt, theyve placed an incorrect marker and if the debt was there, then theyre chasing a SB debt anyway and putting an incorrect marker.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I would suggest satans bank placed the default before selling it on.

go phone satans bank and find out

I suspect they put or you had? an overdraft

and it took all those years to 'fill it up'

by whatever annual charges the account had

then they defaulted it in 2011 and sold it on.

its now approaching 6yrs SB date

and robbersway wanna fleece you before it does.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

moved house in the last 15 years?

It may well be that having found someone with a similar name to a debtor they are after

they have just made the assumption it is you and not applied due diligence.

Once you have chewed the dca a bit you may need to let Satan know that they have made a big mistake

and that you will be seeking rerstitution should they not correct things,

apologise and make good your losses on dealing with this matter.

If you think it may be you they were after then you will need to do a SAR to them but see what the DCA does first

There certainly has never been a default placed against my report by Santander ever. I've never had any dealings with the bank or any of their financial products. I have moved house several times in the last 16 years, but as I have a fairly uncommon surname I'm not sure how I could be confused with a previous tenant at any of the houses I have ever rented.

Still not sure of the best plan of action here, but I will put a notice of correction on file with my credit reference agency and see what that turns up before I get in touch with the DCA

Uncommon surname, that is a clue, there may be a couple of others around within say 30 miles of you, so you will all get phishing letters.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!