Advice on monthly dd for car tax.

callum1999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused:

In March this year (and September last year), it was your car; in your words "i paid my road tax", and "set up direct debits from my bank account", and it was from your bank account the direct debits failed.

So when did you transfer ownership of - or sell - the car to the car club? Did the 'club' ever tax the vehicle?

And, if the vehicle was clamped yesterday morning, why did you buy it (or transfer ownership) yesterday afternoon, knowing it was clamped?

Yes but the car was registered as being the Club car with DVLA.

Yesterday afternoon i took over ownership of the car and taxed it.

The car is now mine and not the Clubs so am i liable for any debt or action resulting from that debt left by the previous named owners the Club.

It was already clamped before becoming the new RK so what arrangements did you make with the previous RK for getting the clamp removed.

I have had no letters stating wht payments have not been requested and paid as agreed

Why and how would you expect this?

A bank does not monitor whether DD claims come in or not, they just pay them if they do.

DVLA wouldn't know who you are or how to contact you. They only know the Registered Keeper's address - and that was not you!

It was already clamped before becoming the new RK so what arrangements did you make with the previous RK for getting the clamp removed.

No arrangements.

Once the car was transferred over to me that was my property so the clamp should have been removed.

Callum, I think people are confused as to why you were previously paying car tax for a vehicle that was owned by the club, and at what stage ownership was transferred to you. CAG is a bit like Dragon's Den in that people get p'd off if you don't give them the whole story from the beginning!

Callum, I think people are confused as to why you were previously paying car tax for a vehicle that was owned by the club, and at what stage ownership was transferred to you. CAG is a bit like Dragon's Den in that people get p'd off if you don't give them the whole story from the beginning!

Because i was the Chairman and Treasurer of the Club.

The Club was FA affiliated which ended last summer, the club folded.

The car was registered with DVLA as the Club being the owner.

So it was clamped under the as the Club being the owners of the car.

Yesterday afternoon i took ownership of the car by completing the V5 form and putting twelve months tax on the car.

All i am asking if the Club was the responsible for when the clamp was put on, anyone taking over the ownership of the car, would they be liable to pay for the clamp to be taking off?

If the Club, as former keeper of the vehicle, has folded, it presumably has no assets to finance the removal of the clamp from its vehicle. Sounds like it's down to you, unfortunately!

How it came to be clamped in the first place (presumably due to the precarious nature of the club's funds) is largely immaterial to the situation you now find yourself in.

If the Club, as former keeper of the vehicle, has folded, it presumably has no assets to finance the removal of the clamp from its vehicle. Sounds like it's down to you, unfortunately!

How it came to be clamped in the first place (presumably due to the precarious nature of the club's funds) is largely immaterial to the situation you now find yourself in.

OK thanks for that

I maintained the DD payments in the hope that i could get the club up and running again, missed one payment so they stopped the DD arrangement.

Unfortunately all the emails reminding of the DD payments were sent not to me but the Clubs email adress which became unactive after the club folded.

I think you may have had some recourse if you became the new RK and had taxed it BEFORE it was clamped but becoming RK to a vehicle that has already being clamped for having no road tax won't get it released for free. Whoever is named as RK at the time would be liable for the penalties and clamp release fee but as it was legitimately clamped for having no tax then I don't think simply changing RK is going to work otherwise everyone would simply put their partner as RK to avoid clamp fees.