Insurance company non collection of car

fredsed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, bit of an odd one this,

about a year ago I agreed to my accident damaged car to be written off.

The insurers instructed a salvage co to pick the car up.

After failing to come and collect the car on 3 occasions it is still sat on my driveway!!!

Yesterday to my astonishment I received a letter from the insurers saying that as I had retained salvage of the car

I now owe them circa £150!!! and are threatening legal action if I don’t pay up!!!

so I thought I’ d best get some advice off you guys.

I don’t want the car and about 8 months ago I offered to have it removed but was told not too by the insurer.

TBH the car hasn’t been in the way and I had forgotten all about it as so it seems had the insurance co’

I though Someone said I could counter claim on the basis that they have left the car on my property for so long..

.I’d be delighted if they could remove the car! http://static.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/shocked.gif

You could write back and remind them that the company THEY instructed hasn't picked up the vehicle so you're charging them storage since they refused to let you get rid of it, include a copy of their email telling you not to have it removed. You could probably charge them about £150?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I take it that the car was SORN with DVLA. Who actually owns the car ? Has the V5 reg doc been sent to the Insurers or salvage company ?

Sounds like the salvage company originally dealing with this are no longer interested and the insurers are trying to lumber you with getting rid of it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes the car is SORN I think I still have the V5......mmm it’s all bit odd. I’m happy to get the car scrapped or whatever, just don’t understand why out of the blue they are now interested a year on. I’d love them to get someone to take it away!!1 I’ve emailed them today so we’ll see what happens. Jokers!!!

If you have been paid by your insurance company then the car is theirs. Name them on the logbook and send them their part then dump the car on the street. simples.

What's the betting you didn't mention anything about storage charges in your email ?

I'm not really sure what you are after here ?

Yes the car is SORN I think I still have the V5......mmm it’s all bit odd. I’m happy to get the car scrapped or whatever, just don’t understand why out of the blue they are now interested a year on. I’d love them to get someone to take it away!!1 I’ve emailed them today so we’ll see what happens. Jokers!!!

If it was a write off they would have requested the V5 was sent to them. Perhaps they forgot and after writing the car off with DVLA they have received a query from DVLA, asking why the car has not been scrapped. They then realise you still have the car.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...
If they're charging £150 for you to keep the car, (scrap price), surely you could make some money here by selling the car for parts? Depending on the car though. Worst case, let a scrappy take it for £150.

parts yes you might make your money but you still got to get rid of the bits that are left.

and if you think you can get 150 for a scrap car you been asleep for 3 years!

you be lucky to get 50 pounds.my brother scrapped a saab on the 20/12/15 and got 40 pounds for it -8 pounds cause he left the wheels on it as he drove it to the yard.

The car belongs to the insurance company and you could charge them storage costs at £25 per day if you wished and if you cna prove an email asking them to collect the vehicle. That shoudl be interesting!