One Call Insurance - Used Paypal to claim money back

nick7602
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out insurance with One Call Insurance for Motor Vehicle insurance,

I sold the vehicle so no longer needed the insurance cover,

tried to cancel the insurance cover and was told that I would need to pay £455 as they were an insurance broker?......

I managed to get the claim down to £130.67 after messaging one of their online advisors, I was told to contact their collections team,

I obviously wasn't quick enough........

the nextday I received a letter.....

and this morning I woke up to find that One Call Insurance setup a bogus Paypal claim and took the £130.67 from my account without my authority? apparently it was an automated collection,

a couple of years ago I paid a one off payment for household contents insurance.

because I had forgotten to delete the transaction One Call Insurance were able to claim the £130.67 back

I am lost for words seriously.....

Paypal have raised a dispute and I raised the concern rightly or wrongly with my Banks Fraud team

Raise a complaint with One Call, as they are not allowed to process such payment without your consent and the member of One Call staff that did this could be subject to disciplinary action, as the behaviour could be seen as fraud.

Given the serious nature of the complaint, they may just write off any additional cancellation fee.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Uncle

Thank you for responding to my complaint, I have as mentioned raised this with the Fraud dept of my Bank, who experienced first hand the level of distress this caused me, I have a mental health condition which severely affects my speech when in a stressful situation or suffer Anxiety of any kind,  which this caused me this morning, I am registered disabled.

Im appalled that this could happen and that  Paypal could be used in such away

Kind Regards

Nick

Edited by nick7602

Apparently One Call Insurance can claim back the outstanding amount because of something called "continuous authority" within their terms and conditions even though I didn't agree to a PayPal transaction, this is how unsecure Paypal is sadly

This I never thought in a million years could be allowed to happen, it feels like legal theft

Nick

its called CPA continuous payment authority.

its when you use a debit card .

go demand your bank cancel the CPA and reclaim the money too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx, thank you for responding

I spoke with the Barclays Fraud team yesterday, and they blocked One Call Insurance, surprisingly the money came back into my account this morning.

When I first cancelled the insurance which runs out in July I was originally quotted £445 to terminate the agreement early I was shocked, however talking with the operator

we managed to get the amount down to £130.67, as this has come back into my account should I contact the insurance company now and set up a payment plan to pay back the £130.67 or wait to see what the Insurance company do?....

my feeling is they will put the amount out to a debt collection agency

Br

Nick

and so what if they do?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

lets see where they go

not  alot they can do apart from the above

and a dca is not a bailiff as you know. zero legal powers.

On 31/03/2023 at 19:16, unclebulgaria67 said:

Given the serious nature of the complaint, they may just write off any additional cancellation fee.

if they dont shut up we'll complain.

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

yes

you guessed it they are still pursuing the £130.67, have stated they will not re apply to the bank to claim the amount, after the bank re paid it to me, One Call go on to say that if the alledged debt is not paid within 14days this will result in action being taken against me?

Kind Regards, to all who read this

so what?

ignore 

move on.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Threatening Court Action Now?

This is basically what they are saying now

We are the debt recovery department of One Call Insurance Services Limited. We are contacting you about your
unpaid balance of £155.67 following the cancellation of your insurance policy with One Call Insurance. As a result of
the non-payment, and as detailed in the terms and conditions of your policy, we have included a handling fee of
£25.00 in the above amount.

You may have to pay default sums and interest in relation to the missed payments referred to in this notice. Please
contact us if you would like fu rther details. This notice does not take into account any payments made after the date
of this notice

If you choose not to contact us, or to co-operate, court enforcement action will be taken against you and
additional charges will be added to your file.

To avoid any further action, you should choose one of the following payment options and respond to us within
seven days from the date of this letter.

pst..dont use docx all your pers details are in file info/properties. use PDF only.

ive put it up as txt.

court enforcement action.....phhh!!

and they

HI DX,  please could message me, I just need to understand your thinking and need re assurance that I am not digging an unnecessary deep hole with these people

Thanks

nope PM advice is not allowed

helps no-one bar YOU not what CAG is about.

its for everyone to benefit from now and in the future as readers.

just type too

no need to keep hitting quote!!

and they

One Call probably won't take you to Court. They will most likely just hassle you for a year, passing to outside debt collection agency to keep contacting you. Could go on for years.

You should really pay One Call what is owed to pay the Insurance premium that you had a contract for.

If you have a complaint about One Call, write to them and ask for final response so you can go to the FOS.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I was incredibly annoyed that an insurance company could help themselves to my money from my bank account without my authority just because I paid by PaypaI,  ( BIG MISTAKE)  

I had dialogue with Onecall through the Chat Portal, and it was agreed at the time to set up a payment plan after they gave me a ludicrous settlement figure of £455, which was reduced after with discussion to £130.67........

incredible I took the policy out in July 2022, which was for £640 worth of insurance £576 worth of repayments were made which should leave a balance of £64 to pay off.......the rest has got to be the cancellation fee £391?..........??????...

it makes me sick....they know my personal circumstances.......and yet they still push this crap 

You have strong grounds of complaint against One Call,  so that it what you need to do.  Send them a complaint in writing and say that you want to involve the FOS.  

Complains Handling Manager

One Call Insurance

Free Post
PO BOX 664
Doncaster
DN1 1WA