What chance do first time buyers have in your town-city.What do you think about your rent.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Let us imagine.I hear many things.

In my day,when you bought a house you did it up over time and that was that.

Looked for a cheap house perhaps a little run down and bought it.

Then spent many years saving a little and spending on your home.

But i hear whispers,ok cannot be proved and i have not the time to delve to deep.

Many landlords may have contacts and when a cheap house comes up puff,it is bought as quick as that.

The first time buyers have no chance.Does this happen,perhaps you can tell me.

I am not in a big town but i spoke to one landlord who had one hundred properties.

And another who together with a few others connected to estate agents had 400 properties.

Rents for some of these properties make me laugh,and because these are so high i have heard some landlords get ripped off,take anybody who says they will pay the rent.

Instead of lowering it a touch and getting decent tenants.

When finally many weeks later and the house is wrecked,just brush it off.

Has many properties so perhaps expected.

And if what i have heard is true,word gets passed round and the same happens again.

And one is doing this over and over again.Now this part i can not understand at all.

Maybe he is just stupid.

So many will hopefully read between the lines of this short thread and say what you think of modern day living.

And first time buyers and landlords in general.And tenants and rents that many must find it is hard to pay.

And if first time buyers who deserve their chance in their local towns and cities are losing out through underhand practices this should be sorted by some sort of law,or changes to how houses are sold.Do you think this is reasonable.

What can be done.

Something seems to be building.

Do you know strange things that are going on in your town,city.

I will be very interested on what you will say i hope of your experiences in your place you call home.

If renting for six months perhaps.You never know.

Some places i believe in France have 10 year leases.At least you would feel secure.

And am i imaging how run down the outside of many tenanted properties are.

Inside maybe ok,or maybe not. But outsides that many you see are clearly not maintained.

Not the gardens the properties themselves.

Do councils have to check these out when let.

Have a team to check this ,the property is in fair shape for letting out.

Independant people.And teams.

Things need improving.

But that is my view,and expect some reaction.

I feel some thumping at the door.

Come on in and introduce yourself.

Rents are disgracefully high.

I think some buy to rent people seem to be very clued in to where Repossession sales are being held and it wouldn't surprise me if they did have contacts that gave them a heads up.

It is my belief that rents started to increase when the housing benefit came into force. Landlords knew they could pretty much name their price.

Having said that, I think there was a programme a few years ago that showed the condition of several properties, that were pretty much perfect when the tenants first took over, but a few months later, they resembled slums. I guess those Landlords, once bitten, might consider increasing the rent or the deposit requirement JIC.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

around me in the late 1980s as the coal mines were shut down, whole streets we bought up by what we call the "Bradford Landlords", for as little as two thousand per house, people moving away jobs were desperate, Now those houses are little better than slums, as apart from the day to day maintenance the law says they must do nothing has been done, but the town is on the up, investment is starting to work, and now the value of those house is growing fast, so they are coming on the market but considering the local advantage wage is still around twenty grand, they are price around £180,000 but need another 25 to 30 grand to make a decent home of them, locals carnt aford to buy then, so commuters from the large city's around here are buying them up so locals are being forced out and the town is becoming a bedroom area, in some areas were there are a lot of new build £250.000 "affordable" apartments were built on the local coal mine site there is nobody around on a weekend, and the local shop wont open at all on a Saturday or Sunday as there is no trade.