NCP PCN - Asda, Cardiff Bay - DCBL DCA sending out letter with enforcement fees on them!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any chance of appeal is long gone but the alleged 'debt' chasing my continue. As to whether they will is too early to say as you were one of the first we got to hear of it.

More likely they will just stop as they know (or should know) that court action is out.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi SF ... thanks for that .. i got it .. i was hoping but not hoping it go to court LOL as i want to say so much to these cowboys and then i dont .. if any thing changes ill let you all know but ill be keeping a watch out on here too ..

Agree SF, they would be very silly to try court and justify these charges as reasonable. PE v Beavis I feel would not help them at all as there is a vast difference from £85 to near on £600.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

hi me and the wife just watching the wonderful TV program !! cant pay take it away !!

and i got a question's from watching it regarding payment/courts ..

on the episode i just watched a woman had an arrangement with the county court to pay a debt off as agreed by the judge

and the owner of the debt ! per month!

but the owner of the debt wanted his money quicker so he went to the HIGH court

.SO these not so nice ppl from DCBL turn up and tell them they have to find £3,000 there and NOW .

or they will take away the ppl goods car /TV /PC lap tops to pay the debt off

so .. im asking do they have to take you to the county court 1st before they take you to the HIGH court .

also the county court send you the letters to say when your in court

... NOW as the TV program says the HIGH court DONT . so these DCBL just turn up at your door

and they can force there way in as the HIGH court has said they can

so can DCBL take you to the high court for a parking /fine alleged debt

if i have got my pants in a twist and its two different things just say .

.. as i just thought as they say i own NGPM £605 due to their fees

can they take me to the HIGH court and i dont know about it till they show up at the door ....

cheers ..

knickers totally twisted

in the program you are watching

they are acting as High Court Enforcement officers.

the letters you have are from their DEBT COLLECTION wing.

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF.

end of!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks unwinds pants/knickers LOL

Panic not! First they have to get a CCJ, and that would be unlikely as the Judge would likely laugh those speculative fees out of court, as totally unreasonable and unconsionable.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 3 weeks later...

I parked in the 'Miller and Carter' car park down by Cardiff Bay and was issued a ticket in basically a dim lit, empty car park.

I was issued a ticket from NGP which i ignored, to then receive a second warning (Final Reminder) which again, i've ignored. Although i am slightly concerned about the tickets and the threat they impose, they don't seem as though they have the authority to issue such a harsh penalty.

Ive now received a letter from the DCBL titled "Notice of Debt Assignment" which is telling me the fine now stands at a staggering £180.00, with a second stage enforcement fee of £160.00, and a third stage fee £265.00.

Has everyone else who's been issued this just ignored it and the later letters they've received?. I've spoke to a lot of people who've just ignored the consistent threats.

If it was from Cardiff Council or the police, then i would take it more serious, but this just seems to be some easy money making [problem].

Reading through this forum has been very helpful, but i would appreciate it if i could get some feed back on what stage everyone else is at in terms of this penalty

when did you park there?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I parked in the 'Miller and Carter' car park down by Cardiff Bay and was issued a ticket in basically a dim lit, empty car park.

I was issued a ticket from NGP which i ignored, to then receive a second warning (Final Reminder) which again, i've ignored. Although i am slightly concerned about the tickets and the threat they impose, they don't seem as though they have the authority to issue such a harsh penalty.

Ive now received a letter from the DCBL titled "Notice of Debt Assignment" which is telling me the fine now stands at a staggering £180.00, with a second stage enforcement fee of £160.00, and a third stage fee £265.00.

Has everyone else who's been issued this just ignored it and the later letters they've received?. I've spoke to a lot of people who've just ignored the consistent threats.

If it was from Cardiff Council or the police, then i would take it more serious, but this just seems to be some easy money making [problem].

Reading through this forum has been very helpful, but i would appreciate it if i could get some feed back on what stage everyone else is at in terms of this penalty

On Friday the British Parking Association (BPA) asked that I advise anyone receiving these letters to write to them using the following email address: [email protected]

The letters will be used as part of their ongoing investigations.

Having investigated this issue a little more (and reading the prankster site) DCBL are adding these charges to get the amount over £600.

While I am yet to see any court cases by them, we ought to be aware that if it does happen, people MUST defend. You don't want them getting a CCJ by default.

If it is right that once a CCJ is over £600, it could be enforced by bailiffs, DCBL will be rubbing their hands in glee as they will just pass it on to the next desk for proper enforcement action.

While I still think most of what they are doing is pure bluff, it may be worth sending them ONE letter stating that this 'debt' is disputed and if they choose to issue court papers, it will be fully defended.

Do NOT admit liability or name the driver.

I would also like to see where NGP and DCBL are trying it on in Scotland.

As NGP are party to this behaviour, I feel they should be reported to their own association, the IPC although that may be a waste of time as the IPC are partisan (my opinion)

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

hi alexander24

i guess you were lucky (if you call it that ) by getting letters from them that you can start your appeal as i did not .

. i just had the ticket on the car then 18 months later the so called debt ...

it does seem that dcbl are adding the amounts which has been said on here

THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO to push it up to £605.00 so it can be seen as a( FAKE ) real debt in court

i am at the stage !!

i will see you in court !! .

i do hope both ways its does end here but also i want to go to court .

i have also seen on here that the MOJ logo has been taken off the dcbl letters

does your have the MOJ logo on the letter .

as if that is true its been taken off then then thats a good start in court

by showing they are making up crap to put on there letters

hang on the whole letter/letters are crap why should any thing be true on there

you need to send one letter and an email to NGPM and dcbl what SF and BA has said

as we need to crush these parasites

hi

i have also seen on here that the MOJ logo has been taken off the dcbl letters does your have the MOJ logo on the letter .as if that is true its been taken off then then thats a good start in court by showing they are making up crap to put on there letters hang on the whole letter/letters are crap why should any thing be true on there

As far as I am aware the MOJ logo no longer appears on any of the recent letters. If it does, then please post here.

Having investigated this issue a little more (and reading the prankster site) DCBL are adding these charges to get the amount over £600.

While I am yet to see any court cases by them, we ought to be aware that if it does happen, people MUST defend. You don't want them getting a CCJ by default.

If it is right that once a CCJ is over £600, it could be enforced by bailiffs, DCBL will be rubbing their hands in glee as they will just pass it on to the next desk for proper enforcement action.

If this were ever to happen, it would spell the end of private parking tickets as the government would have to intervene.

I am speaking with Parking Prankster later today on this subject and will update the thread.

my penalty was issued on the 28/10/2015. I received two warnings but just ignored both.

Im a graphic designer, so i tend to do a lot of design work in regards to these kinds of forms,

and looking at them they are done terribly.

The initial penalty warning forms, were all off-centre and out of line. the paperwork which i have received from DCBL, has no MOJ logos,

and all logos on the form are blurred.

The bottom of the letterhead has each branch address again all blurred.

there's just no professionalism at all to these forms which to me

just suggest there just some cowboy company throwing their weight around trying to intimidate me until i pay.

IDR car i hope this is as far as it will go for both our sakes, as to me it really is no serious crime.

Ive spoke to various friends who all told me they have received letters from DCBL now,

and apparently they have returned the penalties back to NGP and they have just sent letters out again.

they are not penalties ...nowhere do they DCBL nor NGPM use those words

if they did they'd be in even more trouble

dx

and they

I feel their only prayer is to get a default judgment, as if it is defended, it can oh so easily be proved their demands are unconscionable and amount to unlawful penalties. As I have mentioned before PE v Beavis would not help them.

I would love to see a Lawyer representing DCBL explaining to a Judge why they are attaching "Enforcement Fees" without a legal and valid warrant, on letters marked with their standard EA letterheading to trick people into thinking they are facing Bailiff enforcement.

Be interesting if someone with a few quid took THEM to court for using unfair debt collection practices.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i thought the very same as i used to working a printers( lorry driver )and when they did letter headed paper it was all ways mint as they used to say but these looks like a child has coloured them in they are pants !! to judge a company by its paper work !!! i wish some one would turn the tables on them and take them to court or prosecute them for these thuggery letters

They are on borrowed time, Authorities are investigating them.

If this were ever to happen, it would spell the end of private parking tickets as the government would have to intervene.

I am speaking with Parking Prankster later today on this subject and will update the thread.

The Parking Prankster has updated his website this evening to provide the following:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk

DCBL have applied to the Financial Conduct Authority to conduct credit activities and they have been granted interim permission. If you have received one of these letters and think it appropriate to bring it to the attention of the FCA, then they can be contacted at 25 The North Colonnade, London E14 5HS or [email protected]

Template Letter removed until authorised to post

Edited by Andyorch
Template letter removed until approved by CAG

Excellent stuff BA, now all people affected by DCBL and their ludicrous invoices should submit one of these templates with a copy of their own DCBL letter, especially the earlier ones with MOJ logo on.

I think it is right that I say that when the FCA took over from the OFT, all authorised companies transferred over had an interim permission given by the FCA. It is my thinking that full authorisation will only be given when the permissions come up for renewal.

This may mean that DCBL had full permission from the OFT before the FCA took over

I think it is right that I say that when the FCA took over from the OFT, all authorised companies transferred over had an interim permission given by the FCA. It is my thinking that full authorisation will only be given when the permissions come up for renewal.

This may mean that DCBL had full permission from the OFT before the FCA took over

Interesting comment. I have just contacted Parking Prankster.