NCP PCN - Asda, Cardiff Bay - DCBL DCA sending out letter with enforcement fees on them!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2821 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Whilst I am pleased that you have found the forum I am nonetheless disappointed to hear that somebody else has received similar documentation from DCBL.

Does your correspondence have the same fees?

Was the parking debt also in relation to parking at the Capital Retail Park?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as with the debacle with phillips bailiffs doing the same some years ago here

it can be seen that I am not anywhere near being happy with these tactics....

but..

as such, like any DCA, inc those dealing with these speculative invoices

they always add their 'fees'

all DCBL have done is the same again, as Phillips.

will anything actually be done..no I expect.

dx

forgot the Marshall Hoares Bailiffs

ones too.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?309981-Toothfairy-Marshall-Hoares-pretending-to-have-bailiff-powers-under-DCA-role

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Whilst I am pleased that you have forund the forum I am nonetheless disappointed to hear that somebody else has received similar documenation from DCBL.

Does your correspondence have the same fees?

Was the parking debt also in relation to parking at the Capital Retail Park?

Hello,

Yes exactly the same, the letter looks the same.

Notice of Enforcement. Debt £100, Compliance Stage fee £ 240. MUST be paid by 12/11/2015, 5:00 pm, if you do not pay. Third Enforcement Stage Fee £265.

(Parking Event, No Valid Disabled Badge Displayed)

Thanks

Phil

Hi,

I too am glad you came here.

Now we need to spread the word.

if you are on any social groups in your area, pre warn them of this sham and encourage everyone who gets one of the speculative invoices to complain to the relevant bodies.

At the rate this is going, Trading Standards may just instigate a full investigation.

Bailiff Advice (amongst others) have raised some very valid points.

I would grab the bull by the horns and submit a formal complaint to DCBL and see what rubbish the come back with as well as a response to using fake enforcement documents.

Thanks

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

and ofcourse disabled badges mean nowt on private land..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and ofcourse disabled badges mean nowt on private land..

They are provided as a courtesy, and a BB is not of itself required in a supermarket car park, but the infringement will fall under Contract Law, as in an implied contract not to park in a disabled bay without a BB, even though the driver is disabled and doesn't really need to display one the Equalities Act applies though, so if a disabled person with limited mobility parks there, and is ticketed, the counter argument or defence lies within the Equalities Act 2010, as in the Supermarket should allow the parking as a reasonable adjustment. Of course the PPC will invoice, then an appeal will fail, and dcbl will wade in with their threatogram chock full of spurious charges.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Wow.....

1,000 additional viewers to the thread since yesterday !!!

Maybe this means that many others have received identical documentation.....

It has been a week since this thread first appeared & I would guess in that time DCBL have been made aware of this thread here and on other forums.

Says a lot if they are just turning a blind eye & hoping it goes away.

After all, we have seen just a few but can probably guarantee this is just the tip of the iceberg a

nd it may be because of this they are refusing to do anything, as quite a few have possibly already coughed up.

I also thought this would have been a newsworthy item for Scoop but there is nothing mentioned or is that the enforcement sector

- apart from those who have voiced concerns - endorse this behaviour.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all,

I too have had letters from DCBL. It seems that they are the new muscle for NGP after Roxburghe went through.

I first received a threatening letter from Sheila Tams of their car parking enforcement team claiming I owed £180, then fees of £160 and £265 at second and third stage respectively. Interestingly £180 is the amount Roxburghe claimed after adding their fees. I sent a strongly worded letter back telling them to talk to me when I'd received a letter before claim or equivalent and questioning their use of the MOJ logo, pointing out that the illegal logo used doesn't fit the guidelines on the MOJ website.

Today, almost 3 weeks later, I've now received a 'Notice of Enforcement'. This is claiming I owe £100 plus a compliance fee of £240 for a total of £340... So the amounts conflict, but they have stopped incorrectly using the MOJ logo.

Again this 'charge' originates from Cardiff so I would like to know exactly where everyone else from this area is sending their correspondence so that we can consolidate outer efforts.

So far I have:

Trading standards

MOJ

FCA

Savilles (land owner)

BPA

Would it be a good idea to draft a template or is it better to keep them personal for anyone else in this situation?

Cheers all

Are many of these invoices for infringements free for a period car parks a supermarkets and malls?

Dcbl appear to be hoping if they tough it out it will all go away, and punters will pay up.

They might actually take someone to Court like Parking Eye to try to get these charges made legal, as in the Barry Minney case, that is when they will fall unless they get a tame DJ, and it is confirmed on appeals all the way to the Supreme Court.

Of course the fact the letters are non compliant and potentially crimina is probably part of a defence of itself if they try court.

Scoop is run by a bailiff, so there may well be a reason this has not been "Scooped"

BA get those complaints in, and individual letters to MOJ, TS etc are better, but if a post with the correct information to include is put up as guidance that would be good.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi all,

I too have had letters from DCBL. It seems that they are the new muscle for NGP after Roxburghe went through.

I first received a threatening letter from Sheila Tams of their car parking enforcement team claiming I owed £180, then fees of £160 and £265 at second and third stage respectively. Interestingly £180 is the amount Roxburghe claimed after adding their fees. I sent a strongly worded letter back telling them to talk to me when I'd received a letter before claim or equivalent and questioning their use of the MOJ logo, pointing out that the illegal logo used doesn't fit the guidelines on the MOJ website.

Today, almost 3 weeks later, I've now received a 'Notice of Enforcement'. This is claiming I owe £100 plus a compliance fee of £240 for a total of £340... So the amounts conflict, but they have stopped incorrectly using the MOJ logo.

Again this 'charge' originates from Cardiff so I would like to know exactly where everyone else from this area is sending their correspondence so that we can consolidate outer efforts.

So far I have:

Trading standards

MOJ

FCA

Savilles (land owner)

BPA

Would it be a good idea to draft a template or is it better to keep them personal for anyone else in this situation?

Cheers all

My complaints will be made to the following

The Ministry of Justice

DVLA

The British Parking Assocation (BPA)

The High Court Enforcement Officers Asssociation (HCEOA)

I emailed NGPM on Saturday. Given the serious nature of this, you would expect them to respond as quickly as possible to head off potential problems. Have they responded. Nah!

It's a bit like sticking your fingers in your ears and saying 'Blah Blah Blah' continuously in the hope you don't hear the truth.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I emailed NGPM on Saturday. Given the serious nature of this, you would expect them to respond as quickly as possible to head off potential problems. Have they responded. Nah!

It's a bit like sticking your fingers in your ears and saying 'Blah Blah Blah' continuously in the hope you don't hear the truth.

That wll be because they now see it as not their problem having delegated responsibility elsewhere.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know that this can't be done in all cases, but where possible go directly to the owner of the property and plead your case.

I have done this. Sent an email followed by a phone call. My parking infringement has been rescinded following my explanation.

Hi again

For reference I have uploaded all the correspondence I've had from DCBL so far.

Files s1376DOTphotobucketDOTcom/user/borodinate/slideshow/DCBL - remove the DOT and use the password below

p/w DCBLENFORCEMENT

image 1 - front page of most recent letter

image 2- Notice of enforcement ( note that they have put my car reg as the location and visa versa, i am tempted to write to them to say that that isn't a UK DVLA Reg?)

image 3 - the reverse of the notice

image 4 - first letter received (please note the charges)

image 5 - reverse of first letter with MOJ logo

What do you make of these?

I am astounded by the poor quality of the admin work for a start, then the mis-match of the fines.

I will be writing my letters tomorrow as unfortunately Fallout 4 was released today and I'm Jonesing.

Cheers

pop them all into a word doc

then say that to pdf

or simply attach your PDF's via the go advanced button bottom right

follow the upload guide

and they

Are many of these invoices for infringements free for a period car parks a supermarkets and malls?

Dcbl appear to be hoping if they tough it out it will all go away, and punters will pay up.

They might actually take someone to Court like Parking Eye to try to get these charges made legal, as in the Barry Minney case, that is when they will fall unless they get a tame DJ, and it is confirmed on appeals all the way to the Supreme Court.

Of course the fact the letters are non compliant and potentially crimina is probably part of a defence of itself if they try court.

Scoop is run by a bailiff, so there may well be a reason this has not been "Scooped"

BA get those complaints in, and individual letters to MOJ, TS etc are better, but if a post with the correct information to include is put up as guidance that would be good.

not unless the case has been assigned (sold) to them and they hire a solicitor to bring an action against the original parking charge , at which point there costs are shot to hell , this is happening with a company from cornwall called MIL , but they are only winning the default ones

I too have had letters from DCBL in the last week, with reference to PCNs from NGPM issued in March 2014

- placed on my car within the complex where I lived,

someone had parked in my designated spot so rather than pass the problem on by parking in someone else's space,

I parked in space not deemed a parking space.

I appealed based on the above facts, they ignored my appeals and kept sending copies of the PCN,

I complained to the management company, who advised that they'd contact NGPM to get the issue resolved,

however I received a letter from Roxburgh Solicitors, so I sent them copies of emails between me and management company and they left me alone.

Now 20 months later I get letters from ,.DCBL with extortionate charges on,

I'm now passed second stage enforcement,

I've no CCJs as I've checked and DCBL are also writing to me at my old address.

The management company have been replaced at the complex (as have NGPM),

I'm no sure what to do next if anything?

Hi and welcome.

2 choices.

1 wind them up with letter tennis

2 Ignore them as there is nothing they can do to you. Highly doubtful they would ever try this in court