• Tweets

• Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

'Unsafe lorry' ban starts in London

NewsBot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Those are trailers cap. The article means tankers etc. As there currently is no law for guards on them. For artics and trailers. They need to have guards

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Just trailers as far as I'm aware or vehicles with high sides and large gaps underneath. . And even then it's only to stop vehicles going underneath them and being crushed or having the top cut off the car. That's why some trucks don't have them

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

A minority of cyclists, especially in london are a menace

They ignore traffic lights and travel with excess speed to the conditions of the road

They may wear their leotards to look cool, what about reflective clothing?

Cyclists need to be regulated as well for their own safety as well as motorised vehicles

I will go as far as these mobility scooters as well on our pavements to be limited to 5mph

I am not prejudiced just to cyclist, that is all road users

America has "Jay walking" penalties for pedestrians as an example

Punishment for 'jay walking' is one of the worst ideas imaginable.

They ignore traffic lights and travel with excess speed to the conditions of the road

Cyclists need to be regulated as well for their own safety as well as motorised vehicles

I will go as far as these mobility scooters as well on our pavements to be limited to 5mph - If they're on the pavement, they're already limited to 4mph, which in my opinion is still too fast when they can do the same speed in reverse

Cyclists on the pavement are my main issue - absolutely fine if they're paying attention to other users etc, but not fine if they're speeding along regardless of anyone else who might prefer not to use the road

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I will go as far as these mobility scooters as well on our pavements to be limited to 5mph

Utter crap !

I think the fact that there are large amount of cyclists that put themselves in harms way by ignoring lights etc does not mean the safeguards on Lorries are a bad idea.

Cyclist Accidents with lorries tend not to discriminate on whether someone is a good or bad cyclist. Anything reasonable that can reduce fatalities is a good thing surely.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Cycling might be healthy

Cycling might be green

However a lot of cyclists are downright arrogant road users.

They sneak up the side of lorries, where they cant be seen.

They ignore traffic lights, don't always use hand signals to let other road users know what they are doing

When they use the pavement, they ignore pedestrians as well.

They should at the very least have 3rd party insurance.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have a 5th wheel caravan that is towed by a pick-up total length some 38 feet. I was first in inside lane indicating left turn. There are 7 indicators over the length of the left side caravan and pick-up. lights started to turn green looked nothing other than que of traffic behind me looked at lights again all ok started forward and after about 8 feet turned left still nothing in mirror. about 2 seconds later a cyclist hit between pick up and caravan.

I was lucky he was just scratched and car behind gave statement to police saying the bike came up on pavement and road out onto road through dropped kerb for light crossing.

The cyclist said he thought he could get through the gap between pick-up and the white van.

I will say that this twit was not your normal every day cyclist they normally give this set-up very wide berth only the prats that cannot wait to meet there maker ignore it.

I also think this twit was in need of specsavers my set-up is not white but black and silver with running lights same as an artic.

I live up North and apart from some of the boy racers I find cyclists to be well mannered round the big stuff.

dpick

I drive in London on a daily basis and can say that there is good and bad in everyone, including bus drivers and pedestrians.

Where cyclists are concerned I find most to be sensible but there are few who dice with death and believe these are the one's that need to be educated and targeted. Jumping red lights, sneaking up on the inside when turning left (even though there are warning signs on the vehicle), no lights, no hi-viz and riding on pavements.

Hats off to those who do cycle in London and take care :wink:

Cyclists on the pavement are my main issue -

ditto. partic when there is a cycle lane right next to it. i dont move for them, and have had a few verbals.

also, it doesnt help when theres a pcso cycling on the pavement!

apparently cyclists may be allowed to use the pavement if the road is deemed too dangerous? but how far does that go..

On numerous occasions I've seen cyclists jump zebra crossing when traffic stops, pedestrians step out on mobile phone not even looking then collision - and then watch both blame each other :shock:

As I said before everyone needs educating and reminding, not just the motorist :wink:

I am in London most days and without fail I see cyclists overtaking moving vehicles on the nearside at junctions.

I will never forget a stupid woman cyclist who squeezed herself between a lorry stopped at the lights and the kerb.

Lights turned green and fortunately the lorry driver didn't move because he had seen her inching forward a few millilitres from his wheels.

He leaned over the nearside window and had a go at her.

She swore at the lorry driver and then passed the light which had turned red again.

Seriously, if a was a police officer I would have beaten her with a baton.

And don't get me started on the crazy wannabe tour de France winners dressed in Lycra who must break their own record every day, regardless of traffic conditions.

I finish by inviting anyone in west London to go to Richmond park and observe the mental cyclists who speed past cars religiously below the 20mph limit: Hundreds of them!

I would lock them up if I could!

I finish by inviting anyone in west London to go to Richmond park and observe the mental cyclists who speed past cars religiously below the 20mph limit: Hundreds of them!

I would lock them up if I could!

I do regularly when I visit relatives in that area.. it is a nightmare. The Park is almost off limits to other users when the cyclists are out :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D