Creation Store Card reclaim late fees

HP Mum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mum,

Are you looking to have any default removed for this account. If so, you can mention this under s. 18 of the POC.

Also, you should only seek s.69 Stat'y Int't at 8% as there's no precedent to claim it at 29.9%. According s.18(3) should be altered.

An alternative to filing via CCMCC, Salford is to use MCOL but opt to send the full POC to MCOL by post.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

thanks

So:

s.18

(3) Interest under Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum on the amount claimed (daily rate of £x) until judgment or sooner payment - using total £ x 0.00022 (0.08/365) to get daily rate. Just to clarify the 29.9% is for use in claiming restitution and 8% is for after the claim is filed??

and add this clause to remove bad credit rating

(5) Removal of all adverse credit data for the account, as the remaining account balance is made up of wholly or significantly of unlawful penalty charges and associated interest.

Is CCMCC Salford one and the same as Northampton CC?

I read on anther thread/sticky that I file the N1 at Northampton.

I originally sent the prelim in the summer. In that I asked Creation to send the T&Cs under cpr pre-action protocol 4.6c - if they intended to dispute. They have never sent the original or current T&Cs.

Should I continue to file the N1 claim? And hope I don't need them?

in s.8 © of my poc - I don't have the standard terms of the agreement so don't know the correct % or monthly pound amount to write here.

what should I do?

will this suffice??

© The Claimant was to pay the prescribed minimum % payment of the amount by the due date as notified in the monthly statements.

the statement says a service charge of 2% or 2.058% /month

Their current apr is shockingly 27.7%

AND - what is the best method of filing? I don't mind doing either - as long as the potential for success is good either way !

I have printed out the latest spreadsheet. And have printed out the POC few pages to attach to the main claim form.

I think I am almost ready to file this.

If I fill in and print out the .pdf N1 form, do I take it to my local court? Or post it to the nominated court - Northampton/Salford wherever is best...???

Last tweek help is most appreciated. Thanks

Hi Mum,

You can't file at the local court these days and must file via CCMCC at Salford. Or you can use MCOL.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

thanks

Is this the correct postal address (got it off another thread):

County Court Money Claims Centre

POBOX 527

Salford M5 0BY

And - who do I write cheque payable to???

Am about to trot to the PO ...

Sorry found all info.

Just one last thing. It says I have to send Advice Notes for Defendants DO I??

Will try and search now - unless someone can provide a quick link

Found it - Its the CN1 form.

Copied x 3 attached to N1x3 - court, Defendant & Claimant (me)

Cheque to HM Courts & Tribunals Services

Posting to Salford M5 0BY

Hope this helps others with the process too...

With Christmas looming I am not sure of the timing on their response....

Just be realistic about the Xmas period and exclude Bank Holidays plus a few days extra.

In fact, enjoy the holiday season yourself and let the court stuff take a back seat for a few days, until 2016 !!

No harm in preparing your court bundle in advance.

Just put it in files on your PC, ready in case you need to print and submit.

That is good to know :-)

I have filed a Claim and they must have received it by now although I am waiting for the Court's notification.

So I guess I wait and see...

Can someone please direct me to the template letter to write to a dca who is chasing a debt that is in dispute?

Dca has sent me letter today about this account.

Creation have ignored every letter, they know the account is in dispute and have still passed it to a dca, and I have already filed a Claim in court too. Seriously!!!'

If the debt has been legally assigned to the DCA you may have to amend your claim (the Defendants details)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I posted the Claim to Salford almost 2w ago. Would have been received latest by 18th (haven't checked).

Dca has just sent letter dated 27th that my account details have been passed to them - no formal letter of assignment.

So it seems Creation must still be owner of the debt

Can I check online if Salford have processed it? Or do I just have to wait to get letter?

I posted rather than doing moneyclaim online

It will be manually processed so unfortunately you cant monitor its process.....one of the downside of Salford.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

You need to let us know what the letter from Creation said, so we know if they debt has been formally assigned to the new DCA owner ..............

........... or if they've simply referred the a/c to a DCA for collection action.

Creation wrote " Your agreement has been referred to dca for collection of the overdue amount"

Dca wrote " Your account details have been passed to us by Creation to act as collection agent and we will now be dealing with your account"

But I have not received a Notice of Assignment letter from either.

The 2 letters I have received don't appear formal notification. Do they?

Regardless, you NEVER ever deal with a powerless DCA.

Were they in the sane envelope?

You don't deal with puerile DCA's so they can be ignored, your dealings are with the OC, and if they're foolish enough to claim that they are no longer dealing with the matter, then you're not going to deal with their powerless petty DCA, if they want their money then they have to demand it themselves...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

** Update **

CCMCC have written to me - a Notice of Issue.

C has until next week to reply - defend or pay.

If C decides to fight me/defend my claim - what do I need to do next?

This is the first time I have issued a claim.

If they do nothing by the stated date on the Notice of Issue, I guess I can immediately send in the Request for Judgment.

Hi Mum,

No point in guessing events. Let us know what happens (or not) by the deadlines.

If they acknowledge and then defend, let us know the content of their defence.