RMA / NCO Debt Collectors

andybhoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a extremely aggressive call from someone who works for RMA, who sounded as though they had no personal skills, no expereince, no common education about anything. Sounds about par for the course from these bullying barstewards.This was regaring an outstanding balance on an AMEX Charge Card. VERY stroppy person indeed, I got very angry with the guy, who then calmed down a bit when I said I was going to hang up unless they showed some courtesy. They asked if I can pay it in full (just over £1,000) which I said i couldn't but am happy to work out a plan. They then stated they they can see I have another 2 credit cards at low balance and I must use them to pay it. - I refused becasue its taken ages to get them paid off, and had already arranged for them to be closed down. In the end we agreed that the full balance (the only option according to them) would be claimed back next pay day. They said that becasue its a Charge Card I am not protected as a consumer against the Consumer credit act and that should I fail to pay it then debt management would take me to court and my house etc was at risk. - I know the debt needed to be paid, I wasnt trying to get out of that but a bit of decent courtesy would go much further. They wont be calling me again, but I will forever be warning people about them.
Asking you to borrow more money from a Credit Card to pay them is a clear breach of the OFT guidelines on debt collection and must be reported to Trading Standards and the OFT immediatly as well as a formal complaint to RMA?NCO

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this slightly off topic. I did an internet search for Colemans and this site appeared as some of you have had experience of Colemans CTTS Solicitors Kingston.

I too have had experience of this firm and have detailed these on the "solicitorsfromhell.co.uk" web site.

I you want to clear this debt Chris, then send them the £10 and continue to send it to them. Don't bother with anything they say, you take control and do it your way, as Sinatra use to say.

I've just thought, as the Council Tax and Water charges are going up, and your pay isn't, make that £5 as your circumstances have now changed.

I too owe Capital One money I tried for 6 months to arrange an IVA with them whilst still paying £30 a month off a £1300 debt, they ignored me. They've sold the debt to NCO and I've received their first letter threathening bailiffs, taking money from my salary etc etc. First phone call this morning, I don't know their number as I couldn't make it out in the message they left. I want to pay this debt, I wrote and made an offer and asked that interest be frozen, from what I read here they will not accept this. What do I do, I want to off this debt but if they refuse and interest is added what difference are my payments going to make to the overall debt. Can someone please advise me I will willingly pay £30 a month if it makes a dent in the debt, otherwise there's no point, is there. Any advice greatly received.

Hello - I am new to this forum. I have been reading the messages about RMA; I have also experienced some disturbing instances with this company. I have an AMEX debt of which I have paid approx 5000K over the last 2 years - I have approx 16,000K left. RMA called me a few day's ago stating that they will not hold on to this debt for much longer as it has already gone long over the time period that they normally have such a debt and that it will be passed back to AMEX who will in turn take some of the following actions via the legal process:

Make me bankrupt

Send Bailiffs round

Put a charge on the property

I advised them that I would continue with my regular monthly payments as I have been doing, in addition to this I will make any lump sum payments that I can as and when I have some extra funds.

I would appreciate it if anyone can advise if they are able to follow through with any of the above mentioned or otherwise - any tips on what I should do, continue with the payments and leave it at that, or something else.

Thanks in advance!

PS> The last call that I had from them, the person said to me that I should either consider taking out a secured loan on the property or re-mortgage the property as I will save money by my repayments dropping etc etc!

Hi There - To EVERYBODY dealing with this monkey outfit, NEVER speak to them on the phone and NEVER PAY AN INSTALLMENT BY A CARD , they retain the number and try to steal money from it at a later date, the bank phoned my wife, who had paid an installment by card , they asked if NCO can take 2500GBP from her account, luckely the bank refused, I got on to the chief ass scrastcher, heard no more about it , tried the police but its a civil matter, the bank wont do anything either, the next I know the monkies have passed the whole debt to DLC, more monkeys to deal with. NCO did a CRIMINAL ACT AND GOT OFF SCOTT FREE, this is what you are up against with DCAs, a law unto themselves, no more DCAs !! fight back has started,. If NCO you are reading this and I suspect the few of you who can read and not nest building in the nearest tree , take note I am starting a private prosecution for theft against you...............happy days NCO, I will keep all updated with news ...

Edited by Geneve

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys LONG time no see!! BUT not had a LOT of problems of late! TILL NOW!!! Mum rings tonight and says NCO are calling and sending a Mr Swales to see you on Tuesday?? What do you know about it love?

Well I of course know nothing! I have several debts due to circumstances beyond anyones control!! Well not the Pakistani bent who drove into me!! BUT I am now fully resident in France!! And as far as I am aware ALL debts are now effectively spent as the companies involved cannot enforce collection or payment against me?? BUT what I really need to know is that the aforementioned way to get rid of NCO and there thugs is correct as I do NOT want anyone calling and asking my 72 years young mother anything!! She is OK and does know the number for the [police, but I would rather she did NOT have to call them! Any more good ideas please peeps??

Livingthelife!!! In FRANCE!!

Send a letter as your Mum stating you do not reside at the address and that she has no idea of your present wherabouts and advise them to immediatly stop contacting her. Report the idiots to TS and your Mums MP. Send them this for the invisible Mr Swales

I note it is your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and civil action will be taken and police action

The person you are inquiring about DOES NOT reside at this address.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Sorry to dive in but I'm hoping one of you can give me a little heads up on how to approach this.....

I've had NCO calling by phone and card (P.Edwards) for several weeks. I've ignored their calls and no one has ever turned up.

It all stems from the Student loans company requesting payment in April for around £200. I sent them a cheque for the amount requested and it was debited from my account. Following this NCO began to call saying I owed them the amount already paid to the SLC.

On the one occasion NCO caught me out and I answered the phone (I refused to confirm any details) I informed them that the amount they were requesting had been paid in full to the SLC and that they should check with their clients as they were clutching at straws. I was faced with a barrage of abuse that ended with me asking them not to contact me by phone. Again I was shouted at by the NCO numpty and ended up terminating the call. I have since received several letters (and calling cards) saying that they have now confirmed that I reside at this address and that payment should be made immediately!! I really don't know what course of action to take now - I've taken on board the advice in these posts and have confirmed no details with them, have asked them to check the details with their clients yet the chase continues!!!

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thks

Make a formal complaint to Link, TS the OFT and your MP. Also you should contact the SLC and get details of their complaints procedure as they are responsible for the actions of any lowlife that they employ to chase debts whether imaginary or not

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this, I apprecaite your advice. I did end up paying this debt which made things very hard the following month, I just wanted the end of the calls. - But its certainly not fair the way they hound people.

After reading (and posting) on here about RMA - surely there is something that can be done about their bully tactics and illegal requests. - Are they not supposed to be regulated by the FSA, because this type of harassment surely contravenes the regulations?

Also, to let you know that I am now on a Debt managment plan with a company called Debt Advisory Line, if, like me you have debts of more that £15,000 they really can help. They have negociated freezing the interest with my creditors and I now pay a monthly amount that I can afford which is divided equally between them. - You get a monthly statement showing who gets what and when you are going to be debt free for good.! - it really has given me peace of mind. Thanks!

Thanks

Reading this from the start has made my head spin :( I've just received the card through the door saying they will call out to see me on monday, between 8am and 9pm (well that narrows it down, guess they don't want me going to work). I have been through all my old post to check but it only confirms to me that they have never yet contacted me before, can they just come straight out to snoop around like that without first sending me letters to explain what is going on?

I have 3 creditors, so i am not even sure which debt it is they are chasing me for,

I am making arrangements with a company called debtfreedirect to set up an IVA, but have not yet got them an "authority to act" form back yet (i haven't got the pack, they are sending another asap).

the advice i was given was to keep the doors locked and not invite them in, (sounds like a vampire :lol:)

Can they just steal my stuff? This is my mothers home and most of the things in it don't even belong to me, I'm just worried they will take her stuff

Any advice gratefully received, sorry if i'm stealing the thread a little

Hi y1

Reading this from the start has made my head spin :( I've just received the card through the door saying they will call out to see me on monday, between 8am and 9pm (well that narrows it down, guess they don't want me going to work). Look closely, it probably doesn't say what you think it says :wink:. If you take it literally, it probably means they will call you Monday i.e. phone (which they probably won't, they're just trying to inconvenience and worry you). You could always leave a note on your door if you think they will call round saying something like "Sorry, but I had to go out. CU Next Tuesday". :lol: I have been through all my old post to check but it only confirms to me that they have never yet contacted me before, can they just come straight out to snoop around like that without first sending me letters to explain what is going on?

I have 3 creditors, so i am not even sure which debt it is they are chasing me for,

I am making arrangements with a company called debtfreedirect to set up an IVA possibly not a wise move, you would probably be better taking advice from this forum after starting your own thread, but have not yet got them an "authority to act" form back yet (i haven't got the pack, they are sending another asap).

the advice i was given was to keep the doors locked and not invite them in, (sounds like a vampire :lol:) If anyone calls, tell them to leave or you are calling the police.

Can they just steal my stuff? No, definitely not This is my mothers home and most of the things in it don't even belong to me, I'm just worried they will take her stuff

Any advice gratefully received, sorry if i'm stealing the thread a little as stated above, probably best to start your own thread and maybe post a link back here. You will then get enough advice to deal with the retards who are harrassing you

Cheers

Rob

I am currently having dealings with RMA, regarding an MBNA credit card.

I have already made an arrangement with MBNA to short settle the account in full and final, and this has been accepted.

the funny thing is, RMA, despite being advised of this dont care. they state they will keep calling until MBNA tell them not too. I tell them to speak with their client to get confirmation of the arrangement in place, and get a firm "We dont speak to them, they just pass us details.

when they call, and ask me "can you confirm your address" I answer "Nope"

"well, can you confirm your date of birth" I reply "nope" (this annoys them!)

i explain that the matter is being dealt with by the original creditor and that they should contact them.

I had one woman seem quite snotty when she said "I will note your file that your refusing to go through DPAQ, but other people will call."

"Thats fine" i said, "they will get the same answer"

muppetts

Don't Quote me on that :lol:

I am now a rep hunter :lol:

Have I helped, educated, impressed?

Click my scales

Hoping that someone can offer me advice on Barclaycard / RMA / NCO Europe. I've read quite a few of these posts but not all so am a bit lost. We are Australians who had a barclaycard visa issued when we lived there several years ago and still owe money on card. We now live back in Australia. Bad financial situation saw us not make payments for 6 months but have started paying again just this month. Barclaycard were sending statments and then Mercer sent a letter. On 30 June we contacted Barclaycard to ask for help, advising a 6 month payment plan that would bring account back under limit and then we would continue on from there. Barclaycard sent letter on 8th July which seemed to read that they had accepted this arrangement but then RMA wrote on 23 July asking for full payment (which we cannot pay). I faxed back on 29 July and got email response 3 hours later from NCO Europe as Formal Demand. I also faxed Barclaycard at same time to clarify standing order arrangements. I've emailed back to NCO that I am going to deal with Barclaycard as per 8th July letter. NCO were quick to jump back on email and have responded again today saying Barclaycard gave them account on 23rd July, I won't get anymore statements and they understand my confusion but I need to call them now. I've not yet heard from Barclaycard but they seem to post rather than email. Can anyone offer suggestions? I will be paying Barclaycard directly as offered in my letter to them on 30 June. I just want to know how far will NCO/RMA go especially since we are not in the country anymore and how can I get them to stop so I can just go back to Barclaycard? I know we made a mistake not paying for so long but can now pay again. Thanks for any advice you can give.

You don't have to get them to stop Sun, you just ignore them and make the payments to Barclays. They want you pay them instead of Barclay so they can take their cut from it which they wont get if you pay direct.

Don't wait for a response from Barclaycard, use a payment method that will give you a receipt and start your payments to them as soon as you can and try to keep the payments regular, that is what Barclays want and will be happy with.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got one of these P Brown will be calling you postcards... looks like I'm in for an interesting time.

I'm not there at the minute - it went to my student house & i think they have my student home number, but not my mobile. Going back there in a few weeks, will have to deal with it then.

I'm having trouble with two of my banks at the minute... will post a seperate thread about it :)

Ah, he's back from his hols is he.

There is no such person as Mr P Brown. If you read lots of threads on here, you will see that P Brown will be calling on someone in say Grimsby and an hour later someone in Southampton.

Must have a very fast car.

Ah, he's back from his hols is he.

There is no such person as Mr P Brown. If you read lots of threads on here, you will see that P Brown will be calling on someone in say Grimsby and an hour later someone in Southampton.

Must have a very fast car.

Yeah - I've been reading quite a bit yesterday/today... took me a while to get through the threads! lol

Interesting scare tactic :roll:

Ah well... I'll be sure to log every single call & try to get a record from the phone company - I'm not taking any of this harassment c**p.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am new here and have read the posting guidelines but forgive me if I do something wrong and do let me know. I have read through all of this thread - it took a long time.

I have been receiving vast amounts of calls from RMA when I have specifically requested that they do not call. I refused to answer their security questions as I told them they could have been anybody. They do not own the debt, it is still MBNA's (who I have been in contact with and whose staff have all actually been quite nice - except one of them who must have been there on work experience from RMA).

I have kept a record of the dates and times of RMA's phonecalls (25 in single day) but would like to record them. However I do not know how to do this and cannot afford to buy any special equipment - we can barely afford to eat.

What I haven't figured out from here is who I send a CCA request to, MBNA or RMA, as the debt belongs to MBNA?

Also, a guy from MBNA asked on the phone if I could borrow the money from my family. After reading through this forum, I saw a link a few pages ago for OFT debt collection guidance and it says in there:

2.6 Examples of unfair practice are as follows:

b. pressuring debtors to sell property, to raise funds by further borrowing or to extend their borrowing.

I would have thought that this applies to borrowing from family members also. What should I do?

Both RMA and MBNA have said that because I left my job x-amount of time ago and voluntarily entered into Higher Education they will not accept any reduced payment from me - it must be the full monthly payment they want. I tried to explain that I had to leave my job as I had a back operation and was unable to continue in the position and because of a lack of formal qualifications the only jobs I could get were similar phsically demanding ones but they don't care. I got help for about 3 years from family to make the payments to MBNA - stupid me. RMA and MBNA told me that the reason they couldn't help me was because I had done this and continued paying the full amount under severely reduced circumstances - and there was me thinking that by continuing to pay by any means available I was doing the right thing.

I am really scared and have had barely any sleep for weeks. I am frightened to answer the phone in case it is those RMA people.

It is good to see from here that I am not the only person to go through this with these awful people, but in another way it scares me more as they don't seem to have left many people on here alone no matter what they do. This is making me really ill. I am just so frightened and then really angry at myself for allowing these RMA people to intimidate me - which is exactly what they want. I feel like asking them if they want me dead, because at times they make me wish that I was - at least I would have a break from the phone calls and text messages then.

I have an appointment with Student Financial Services at my university tomorrow who have said they will try and help me but I don't know what they can do - if anything.

If anyone at all has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your time

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the reason I can no longer get help from my family is because of how much the payments have increased by since taking out the card. I believe it was 15.9% p.a and is now (as of September 2008)8 ) 34.9% - so more than doubled.

Also MBNA agreed to stop late payment fees for three months while I 'try and sort myself out' - their words, but are still bunging hundreds in interest on top.

Edited by tor1977
Missed the reason that I am no longer able to receive family help

tor1977- is this a credit card account?

Do you realise you can reclaim ALL of the late payment/overlimit charges applied PLUS all of the interest applied to these charges?

Send the CCA request to whoever to haslling you.

Send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to MBNA for all your personal data (statements etc) This will enable you to find out what unlawful charges have been applied.

Once you have this information, you can work out how much of the "debt" is unlawfully debited interest.

Sending a CCA request to RMS/NCO should stop the calls after 12 working days.

Start a thread of own, so that you have a place to come for help and so we can find you.

Once you get some peace and quiet, you can start to fight back and reduce your debt by forcing MBNA to remove all unlawful debits.

You may be suprised how much of the "debt" is fake.

:-)

Edited by noomill060

Yes it is a credit card.

I didn't know that. I thought that now they had reduced their late payment charges to £12 that they were allowed to do that.

I realised later that I should have started a new thread so moved my post here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/158582-mbna-rma.html#post1697057

No, you can reclaim your charges and interest on these charges.:D

The OFT has said that they will only take action against charges in excess of £12, no one has ever said that this figure was lawful.

Only a court can do that.

I go look at your thread.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys I am fresh here and I seek for an advice against NCO I have a debt with Orange, which I understand and it's fine But i was contacted by Nco that i have to pay them blablabla, then they send me a card that some guy will call me at tuesday between 9am - 9pm He didnt show up Today i received a letter that i need to pay within 72 hours Taking advice from this forum I phoned them and told that i need to receive validation ofo this debt and the guy told me that i need to give a ring to orange so they can confirm it I told him that it is up to them to supply me with this kind of informations and this guy just hung up Any idea what to do next? There's also another issue that this debt is too much I owe them some outstanding balance plus service charges This guy told me that if i will pay outstanding balance they will arange to reconnect me to orange but i told him that i dont want to be reconnected and that this service charges are to high so i think that i need to speak to orange regarding this So he told me that if i dont want to be reconnected so i have to pay all debt right now. Any sugestions?

hi all

this is my first post and have a problem with nco in preston.

my partner has a mobile phone debt that was given to direct legal then passed to scottcall.she has set up a monthly figure which has been agreed upon from both sides.after a couple of hiccups with them taking weekly instead of monthly its settled do0wn ok.

just last friday a letter from nco turned demanding the whole sum.contacted them to tell them debt already being paid,they were not interested.next thing a card come through that someone coming tomorow to disscus payment.rang again but they dont want to know.

do we ignore them? scottcall say the debt is still withem.

thanks for any help

Hi C & W and welcome to CAG :)

You won't be the only one who's had a problem with NCO/RMA in Preston. They are rather notorious on CAG ;)

Do yourself a favour, never speak to them on the 'phone. If they ring again, simply ask them to put everything in writing. As you will probably have realised by now, they will ignore anything you say to them on the 'phone. Better to get it in writing, then if you have to take it further, you have proof ;)

As for their letter threatening a doorstep visit - it will never happen and is purely scare tactics to get you to pay them.

If your partner already has a payment plan in place with Scotcall, then just ignore the NCO letters.

If they persist in trying to contact you, we have a nice little "Prove It" letter you can send - it usually does the trick.

You're a Cagger now - welcome to the club :D

Regards from Bo :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks