Now eBay & Paypal will cold call you

Michael Browne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PayPal is changing its terms and conditions to state users must accept automated marketing calls, emails and text messages.

The changes will come into force in July.

The eBay-owned company told the BBC that it "would honour any customers' requests to decline marketing outreach".

But no such opt-out is included in the terms and conditions.

Instead customers are invited to either accept or decline.

The new rules only apply to its US customers.....at the moment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33009774

By adding or changing an existing number, a UK account holder automatically agrees to receiving automated & live marketing telephone calls.

Like hell do I. Number changed !

0333 8888 8888 is as good as any.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I had a dispute with paypal a couple of years ago, and I told them I would only deal with them in writing. Despite this, they attempted to call me at home, but unfortunately, I'd mistakenly put the local public call box phone number on my contact details instead of my home number. They eventually realized no-one was answering, and sent me an email, in which they said they'd tried to call me.

Oh well, never mind etc.

Thinking about it.....would it be a bit cheeky to put in an adult 09 number so they're trying to cold call a virtual mistress of the night?

I just had a look at the Business BT site and Phonepay Plus, and it appears there are certain services you can set up on these premium rate numbers without needing permission. If I set one up, I think I'd do a racing tipster service, and if paypal, ebay or any of these annoying sales vultures want to call me on it, who am I to discourage them ?

I block hidden numbers and rarely answer phone calls even with caller display to identify the callers number. If it is a local number I might answer it and if i don't and it is important they know how to leave a message so I can call them back. If I want to. If they do not leave a message with a geographical number or if i do not feel it is important to me i don't call back and they can waste their time and money calling as often as they like.