• Tweets

• Sorry, I may have forgot to get back on this. Please monitor for a reply tomorrow
    • Yes, now its just about getting the WS / Court bundle finalised to send to the court / Evri. I've attached the most recent version of the WS / Court bundle to save having to scroll back up to the previous post (#204) where it was also shared. If you, @BankFodder or anyone else has any feedback on this, i'd be grateful for your thoughts. In my previous post #204, i'd also attached an invoice from Packlink which shows that I was charged by Packlink for these services: "drop-off at Her mes - Next day delivery" and "Proof of Delivery". It also has the payer's address and there are "Origin" and "Destination" fields which have the postcode of the sender [origin] and the recipient [destination] - I have redacted personal details in the attached invoice.  I am already including this in my evidence bundle (without the redaction) but wanted to share this redacted version so that other people can consider this as example in their bundle of Packlink and Evri's contract being instigated by the sender of the parcel who has paid for the service, and further shows that there is information in the invoice to identify that a third party beneficiary (the sender / recipient) is involved in this transaction. I have also attached this redacted invoice in this post to save having to scroll back up. Happy to get any thoughts and if this invoice is no good, then please let me know.   Draft - Witness Statement and Court Bundle redacted.pdf Packlink invoice - REDACTED.pdf
    • Does anyone know if I would be allowed to record conversations with health professionals for my own use on my phone without them knowing. I know that we are allowed to record phone calls. I do record some of my phone calls for my own use due to my disability and if anything is said then I am covered. I would only record audio in private area's of myself and the professional dealing with me. I know I could not get and other persons audio in it and I don't intend to. my only other option is to buy a body cam but I am not sure the rules regarding this.I never thought i would have to but things are getting worse Thanks for any guidance 
    • Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Aktiv Kapital/J&P Claimform - old MBNA 'debt'***Claim Discontinued***

jellycubes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, sorry its been months but mental health has been poor.

i

1.for expertio mbna.

Ive no idea what will come of it but im being cash cowed and ive had enough !

Will you guys help me when i get responces as i dont know what one looks like ! Im still with payplan

but cut payments from 300 a month to 200 as i was starving.

jellycubes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had replies and im so confused can you help me ?

Ive spent at least an hour walking around my front room in the dark, here goes.

Expertio assigned debt by mbna

- they have no CCA but have asked me to continue paying for the sake of my credit report which is shot in half.

Default registered 2010. Debt 7k

well well

how suyrprising

none of them have got a valid CCA

stop all payments now.

and send the following to all three. [ 2nd class will do, get a proof of posting from the PO counter]

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale.

if you are still paying anything through Payplan

please close the DMP with them.

dx

:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Phew thank you DX yes they are before 2007.

I will send those letters next week as they 12 plus 2 days are not up yet.

Christ i could be rid some of what this man did !!!

MBNA 2006 opened

I havent told MBNA or Barclays of the fraud should i tell them or just send those letters ?

Wow alot to take in and will make a donation sunday night when i get my tax credits because without this site there would be no light

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, and update and some guidance needed.

MBNA/EXERTIO No CCA they state unenforceable 12 plus 2 days letter sent and heard nothing.

You have given me strength ! x

Edited by jellycubes

• 2 years later...

Its been a while.

I am currently in a breakdown due to severe mental health.

Now can you help me.

I requested CCA requests for the MBNA credit card about 3 years ago, nothing was there so I put the debt in dispute.

They sent it to Aktive.

I received a letter from J&P a court letter saying CCJ request.

I braved a call explained I am very ill, on the brink of wanting to live and sent them an email.

I stated no copy of cca.

Now i woke up and found a package with statements,

I was financially abused,

a cca with a X in it for a signature but I NEVER applied for this card !!!!!!!!!!!!!

they have included the default with drops of next year.

Please to god someone help me as they say they will just go ahead

and get a judgement if I dont reply.

the debt was alledgedly taken out in 2006

Oh god I am in tears please DX if your here help me

How can a CCA have an X in for a signature ?

I know Im going on here but im frightened.

I have all the letters still from the other debt collectors that there is no CCA and I have these.

Yet now i have a phtotocopy of a cca with an X

The statement has entries in places Ive never even been too !

I did pay through a dmp as you know but stopped.

Try and relax. DX will come.and help as soon as he can.

Also your issue is straightforward to sort out but you need to remain firm with them.

A dca does not care about you.

They just want the money.

However we are the opposite and will help you every step of the way

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Try and calm down a little :). There's not much to worry about. It looks worse than it is

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I know its hard but its easily dealt with. Sit tight and I'll see if we can get a site team member in here

ive torn the cupboards out Im in a mess !

there are so many letters !

the court business center has an amount over 8k and so does the letter from these JUDGE & P

BUT I HAVE OTHER LETTERS SAYING its 6k plus.

I have a letter from expertio saying no CCA....

Oh gosh I am to ill to go to court Theres expertio PRA and atkiv now judge and priestly

Oh god Im having an anxiety attack Im so sorry for all my posts but I dont know what to do

Responding......

Hi jellycubes...just relax and calm down......

What i sthis letter you have actually received........ " I received a letter from J&P a court letter saying CCJ request."

If you could scan it or type it out verbatim..less any identifiable data...let us see what it states.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

It is a claim form

its blue it says the claimant is AKTIV and Judge and priestly are the solicitors.

It states the ammount claimed over 8k plus costs on top.

There is a for for me to reply.

I phoned judge and preistly

I explained no cca and all requests had failed.

I emailed them confirming i am avulnerable adult in a mental breakdown.

All went quite.

Today I wake and there is statements from the acount that I dont recognise but I was financially abused

There is a CCA but it has an X for a signature from 2006.

There is also a notice of assignment

The previous letters states amount owed over 6k but this court letter says it 8k plus

Okay the claim was dated 20th october 2014.

Then I had another claim around the begining of may,

not sure where that paperwork is or if i still have it. I doubt it.

I phoned them, sent an email and today had a letter to say that if I do not respond by the 27th of june then a request for judgement will be made.

I have all the history of applying for CCA but none was available so notification of dispute was sent to expertio and acknowledged by them back in 2012.

It has changed hands several times since to atkiv then PRA and Judge and Priestly

I explained to Judge and Priestly that I am a vulnerable adult.

I was financially abused and I did not apply for this credit card taken out beginning of 2006

I have had 3 statements from different DCA s

the ammount owed on the statement is just over 6k

the amount they say I owe on the court paper is wrong over 8k.

I did pay through payplan when ill,

I discovered this site and the financial abuse was taken on by the obdusman who dealt with lloyds and the debt written off.

This debt was left out as I could not obtain a CCA with a signature or any reconstruction till now when they have sent me a CCA with an X in the signature box

So have you not received a court claim today from Northampton?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

The orginal creditor was MBNA and they offered a discount when I tried to ask who had applied for this card. I made them aware Id been financially abused in a domestic relationship. It was a credit card. Sorry I am trying to put as much info as possible.

Have you not received a court claim today from Northampton?

No I had one sent in Oct 2014 and one early may.

I phoned J&P EXPLAINED no cca and

in dispute

that I was ill and

they put it on hold.

I had to email them to explain I am unwell and in the middle of a court case for horrific abuse and in no fit sate to deal with this.

I heard nothing till today when this package arrived

sorry JB mrs is very bad today.

had the doctor out

this letter you've got

can you scan it up for us?

follow the upload

as you say.

you've had discount letters

and the CCA is rubbish.

so should be easy to defend.

lets see the letter please

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

After all attempts to gain this information and no one has had it it seems odd that they produce this now.

They have included statements from MBNA Notice of assignment and a CCA with an X for a signature

Bless you , hope all is okay for you and your wife. Stay with me I am going to take photos and upload

ok here are the docs that are useable

if any are missing JQ

please email me a better scan than the one already sent as it was too blurred.

andy you might like to look at them.

looks like this might be at DQ stage

they are asking for filing by 27th june??

dx

and they

DX I take it you want a better copy of the orginal MBNA default ?

Anything else that needs re doing ?

I have no idea what DQ stage means.

I also thought that if an account was in dispute it couldnt be sold on but I rarely know what day it is sometimes !!!

Sent you a clearer copy Im just looking through what else i have as I was in a state earlier

I have sent the CCA agreement with the X in the box a clearer picture and clearer items of the others.

I cant find the discount letters I think i may have burned them.

Not sure what MBNA sent me is a default but this has been passed from everyman and his dog.

MBNA had no cca so have they just made one up ?

I needed that information at the time to give to the obudsman to investigate but as it was in dispute

and I sent Expertio a letter after they failed to comply they sent me discount letters too.

I sadly think I burned the letter from mbna asking for 2600 to settle a 10K card

They have stated in the letter that if i dont respond I will automatically get a judgement against me

I thought they sent me a court letter from northampton in May but they didnt, ive been so confused lately.

It was as sent to you the one in October last year !

In my world it just feels like its been one long day since

The statements I sent you are all I have ever received from the DCA S

I have the statements for the credit card that was sent to me today its horrific and large amounts of cash etc in places Ive never been to !

It appears that they are wanting interest on the debt thats why its not at 6.5k but 8.5k

and it states as you ve probably seen on the northampton paperwork that this is being added daily.

Thank you for your patience DX and help I was completely off the wall when this landed on my matt this morning

I had no one to turn to so please hear my gratitude when I say that you gave me much needed ground.

Thank you also to others in support here

I have forwarded the email I sent to them last OCTOBER just now DX

next 2 sets of docs

+ the EMAIL.

a COPY OF THE EMAIL SENT TO JUDGE & P AFTER i PHONED THEM

Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 From:

Dear

As per our phone conversation this morning you are aware that my levels of anxiety leave me unable to leave the house

to post the letters I have from expertio dated 27th september2012 from my CCA request and the letter dated from them in 22nd November

when no CCA could be obtained from MBNA.

I request a copy of the CCA agreement as the account has been placed in dispute and my understanding from the office of fair trading

is that no legal action can be taken at this time.

The court letter sent to yourselves to me is causing my great anxiety as I am currently going through an horrific abuse case with solicitors.

Thank you Lauren for your understanding of my complex mental health needs and your acceptance of my request for a cca agreement by way of email

as I am feeling extremely poorly

Please keep me updated.

Kind regards

JQ

and they