Sky Fibre Broadband disconnecting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello people just wanting to hear what you think

i have Fibre Broadband with sky we live in a semi-rural area speed is 21 download sometimes get a bit more upload is around 4 meg

At first speed was only 18 meg but bt guy time before last managed to get higher also I had a faulty lead but the main issue is The internet is disconnecting nearly every day

spoke to sky they have sent six bt guys out to fix it and still has problems does anyone know where we stand the only thing is sky has renewed my contract with phone and internet as speed increased

I was incontract before for 11 months all i want to do now is leave sky with my telephone and broadband and move to a company that can gave me a stable reliable connection

I had issues with sky keep calling me but now they don't as i reported them to ico they find no errors when running line tests and bt find no errors

Thanks for any advice

Sky uses the same fibre line as BT would

So why do you think BT better?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yeah sky apparently use there own box in the exchange i spoke to a different company they claimed that bt has priority over sky its not the speed mainly the disconnections five times that i know of today no good to me thanks for your reply

Sky have open reach put their equipment in the exchange. The problem with Sky is that it is oversubscribed.

I had sky for 3 weeks and cancelled. I was promised up to 10 meg and all i was getting was 0.8 meg download. I went back to BT Infinity, same line etc and ended up a download speed of 71 meg

• 4 weeks later...

Disconnection issues are most commonly an issue the customers side of the outside box, either cable/connection to the house, router or customers PC.

The routers diagnostics should help with identifying the cause.

I note they have already done something and say they can find no faults.

I also note that you say both sky and BT say there are no faults - so little point in changing it would seem.

My daughter had similar issues with BT fibre which I had to escalate to get a response as they WILL point the finger at your equipment until forced otherwise - it was a stretched cable to the houses' telephone master socket.

The modems diagnostics showed the disconnects and the speed was nothing like it should be - your speed would seem to be OK.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply well past few days when its damp disconnecting all of the time around every 5 mins from 7pm and today 22/07/15 here are a few disconnection times

wireless was on was 19 meg down to 16679

after reboot 17763

these are only a few logs that i took today i know its damp getting in sure it is but bt or sky are not bothered now i need to officially complain does anyone know do i complain to sky then offcom Thanks for your help

Have you tried hard wiring your PC....and by pass the WiFi for a spell?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

hi thanks for your reply yeah its the main broadband that goes off in router last time it went off was 22:34 been ok since then no one else is using the router speed goes up and down changed wireless channel everything

connect you laptop via an Ethernet cable to the route and test it then.

if you can prove it doing it via that medium

the yes you are correct

and they need to sort the connections out.

just for ref

where I am is VERY DAMP and humid its called a haar

they fitted out the fibre cabinet near me

and more than 50% of the connections have failed [bT]

spoke to the engineer the other week

the contractor is being dumped.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...