Motorcycle parked on bricked island - is this PCN valid?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I'm starting to develop a real interest in this subject as I've seen huge injustices in the past,

so this is my vigilante intervention (I think I know the guy that got a PCN).

he parked his motorcycle in the same place he has done for the last couple of summers - we often admire it with the kids.

This afternoon I saw a ticket being written by an enforcement officer, who stuck the yellow bag on the seat of the bike.

The location I will do my best to describe.

It is a large area of road which has been divided up into car parking spaces to one side, a bus "slip road" to the other and a road running through the middle.

There is an island (bricked) with a few black metal bollards installed. Around the island is a full circle of double yellow lines.

Now, note that the yellow lines are painted on the road NOT the bricked area. Also, in the bus "slip road" NO PARKING is painted again on the tarmac, os on the other side of the lines.

btw, the island is about the size of two cars and an ideal spot for making bikes.

As far as I can tell the island itself is a haven of unregulated land and the double yellow lines relate to cars considering parking along the kerb of this island, roadside.

There are no signs whatsoever on the island itself. Looking around there are various signs/rules relating to the parking spaces opposite, but thats all.

What say you all? If he has been ticketed unlawfully I'd love to find him and give him the good news:)

Thanks in advance

Genius! Yes, looking at street view they have indeed changed the road paint from white lines (shown here) to double yellow lines.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Harpenden,+Hertfordshire/@51.816504,-0.357576,3a,90y,302.68h,40.08t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sCfcs02n6zLT5lOnJTw6Bew!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x4876380b9f7e3c13:0x4eeb400a0ce7b472!6m1!1e1

Thanks Michael

They relate (always) to the highway - which consists of carriageway (road), pavements and verges. Since the island is entirely surrounded by a yellow line, it's entirely governed by it - so the restriction applies to the island as well as the road.

Unless there is some other reason to challenge the PCN, it's not going to be good news for him.