Dads Natwest reclaiming

Ftgab19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all again,

Been awhile since I've been on here, hospitals don't have the best of wifi's.

I sent Natwest a SAR for my dad so we can have a look at doing his package account.

They sent back a letter not long after asking what information he wanted.

I'll upload the letter so everyone can see

I'm not sure what to post back.

I used the SAR from the library.

Thanks

Andrew

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.

NatWest Problem *****Refunded*****

seems like they simply want sigs that are not photocopied or scanned over.

in the reply pointout you wish all data they hold on you

but with specific focus on XX account

but NOT limited to this sole account.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hmm, well now that is a new stalling tactic.

Dear Nat West,

Your Letter Reference : 12345678

My Subject Access Request Dated : -

I am in receipt of your letter dated 31st March 2015, in response to my DSAR request dated DATE.

I do not understand your response. My Subject Access Request was indeed very specific, I require all data in connection with the account(s) I have/have held with you.

I would therefore appreciate you fulfilling your obligations in providing me with ALL data as requested and within the time frame laid down by the regulator.

Yours etc.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks dx,

It's a bit rich that coming from the bank that for years has sent my dad letters with the sign printed...

Will this be ok to send?

Private and Confidential

Subject Access Request Team

Ground Floor

Business House B

PO Box 1000

Edinburgh

EH12 1HQ

Date: 13/04/2015

Account number: 00000000

SAR Ref: 000000000

Dear Sir/Madam

We are in receipt of your letter dated 31st March 2015 concerning the above account. To answer your question, we wish for you to supply us with copies of all the data which you hold on us in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that this Subject Access Request requires specific focus on the account number mentioned above but is NOT limited to that sole account. We have signed and enclosed your letter of authorisation.

Yours Sincerely,

Dad & Mum names Printed

Thanks

Andrew

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.

You don't need to put "private and confidential" – why on earth would you need it?.

The rest of your letter is perfectly correct – but you should add that their request is completely irregular. A subject access request is clearly a request that all personal data – and the 40 day counter is already running and that you will lodge a complaint if they breach their duty in anyway.

Hi Bankfodder,

I copied and pasted there address and forgot to take it out. I've updated the letter, please let me know if I should change anything else.

Letter:

Dear Sir/Madam

We are in receipt of your letter dated 31st March 2015 concerning the above account. We are at a loss to your irregular request. A Subject Access Request is a request for all personal data, you do not need a breakdown.

We wish for you to supply us with copies of all the data which you hold on us in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

This Subject Access Request requires specific focus on the account number mentioned above but is NOT limited to that sole account. We have signed and enclosed your letter of authorisation.

Please note that the 40 day timescale started when you received our Subject Access Request on the 17th March 2015. If you fail or breach your duty in anyway, we will lodge a formal complaint against you.

Thanks

Andrew

Thanks dx,

It's a bit rich that coming from the bank that for years has sent my dad letters with the sign printed...

Will this be ok to send?

Private and Confidential

Subject Access Request Team

Ground Floor

Business House B

PO Box 1000

Edinburgh

EH12 1HQ

Date: 13/04/2015

Dear Sir/Madam

We are in receipt of your letter dated 31st March 2015 concerning the above account. To answer your question, we wish for you to supply us with copies of all the data which you hold on us in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that this Subject Access Request requires specific focus on the account number mentioned above but is NOT limited to that sole account. We have signed and enclosed your letter of authorisation.

Yours Sincerely,

Dad & Mum names Printed

Thanks

Andrew

Does not surprise me with this bank, I am still receiving info from my original request in Aug 2014 :roll::-o

As advised, request all data that is held under the said name giving them 40 days to respond with details from the date of your submission.

Good Luck as you will need it.

Hi Bankfodder,

I copied and pasted there address and forgot to take it out. I've updated the letter, please let me know if I should change anything else.

Letter:

Dear Sir/Madam

We are in receipt of your letter dated 31st March 2015 concerning the above account. We are at a loss to your irregular request. A Subject Access Request is a request for all personal data, you do not need a breakdown.

We wish for you to supply us with copies of all the data which you hold on us in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

This Subject Access Request requires specific focus on the account number mentioned above but is NOT limited to that sole account. We have signed and enclosed your letter of authorisation.

Please note that the 40 day timescale started when you received our Subject Access Request on the 17th March 2015. If you fail or breach your duty in anyway, we will lodge a formal complaint against you.

Thanks

Andrew

Should do the trick :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

A Subject Access Request is not a request for all personal data unless you specifically request that.

If you didn't request this in your initial letter then Natwest are correct to put your request on hold until you inform them of what personal data you actually want.

They are also correct to require a wet signature in order to verify your dad's identity and ensure that nobody else gets their hands on his personal data

(when Natwest send your dad letters with scanned signatures they do so because it's more personal, not so that your dad can verify their identity).

The 40 days won't start until you confirm these two things - they are just complying with the Data Protection Act - neither of these are stalling tactics.

In order to speed up the process why not just do as asked in their most recent letter: sign and return the signature form and then phone the SAR team to explain what information you want.

Also what is the point in stating you want all personal data and stating you want specific focus on a particular account

but at the same time you also want them to look at all other accounts. It's contradictory and doesn't really make sense.

Id be mighty peeved if someone could get money out of my account by producing a photocopy of my signature. It needs to be original in order to prove its the correct person asking for the required info.

As said above, you don't need to confirm the banks id so therefore they don't need an original signature.

Some peoples thought processes absolutely amaze me.

I'd inc a ctax bill copy or something too

next they'll ask for ID

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all again,

My dad got a letter from natwest a few days ago, i'll upload the letter so everyone can see. I'm not sure what to respond with.

Thanks

Andrew

Dear Ms Allan.

I have now written to you on more than one occasion requesting the data I am entitled too under an SAR

I am finding the continued obstruction by you and your bank rather annoying.

To make things perfectly clear, I want all the data, within the request, that you hold .

I have no wish whatsoever to limit this to a 'set of date limited statements'.

The SAR dictates I am entitled to my dat and numerous other banks have complied without question.

I hereby give you 14 days from the date of this letter to comply

or I will be complaining to the ICO and/or latterly instigating court proceedings should you fail.

dx

and they

add - failing which you will consider that it is a deliberate breach of their statutory duty.

and they

Hi xd,

I'm not to sure were I should add that comment in, this is what I've got so far. Also does my mum & dad need to sign this letter?

Letter:

Dear Ms Allan

We have now written to you on more than one occasion requesting the data we are entitled to under a Subject Access Request.

We are finding the continued obstruction by you and your bank rather annoying.

To make things perfectly clear, we want all the data, within the request, that you hold.

Any further failure will be viewed as a deliberate breach by NATWEST of their statutory duty under the Act.

We have no wish whatsoever to limit this to a 'set of date limited statements'.

The Subject Access Request dictates we are entitled to our data and numerous other banks have complied without question.

We hereby give you 14 days from the date of this letter to comply or we will be complaining to the ICO and/or latterly instigating court proceedings should you fail.

Yours Sincerely,

Thanks

Andrew

Id be mighty peeved if someone could get money out of my account by producing a photocopy of my signature. It needs to be original in order to prove its the correct person asking for the required info.

As said above, you don't need to confirm the banks id so therefore they don't need an original signature.

Some peoples thought processes absolutely amaze me.

I'd agree with you if the SAR was asking for the information to be sent to a different address. But the SAR is asking the bank to send it to the address on file. So the bank thinking it's a [problem] doesn't make sense to me.

Andrew

Hi xd,

I'm not to sure were I should add that comment in, this is what I've got so far. Also does my mum & dad need to sign this letter?

Letter:

Dear Ms Allan

We have now written to you on more than one occasion requesting the data we are entitled to under a Subject Access Request.

We are finding the continued obstruction by you and your bank rather annoying.

To make things perfectly clear, we want all the data, within the request, that you hold.

Any further failure will be viewed as a deliberate breach by NATWEST of their statutory duty under the Act.

We have no wish whatsoever to limit this to a 'set of date limited statements'.

The Subject Access Request dictates we are entitled to our data and numerous other banks have complied without question.

We hereby give you 14 days from the date of this letter to comply or we will be complaining to the ICO and/or latterly instigating court proceedings should you fail.

Yours Sincerely,

Thanks

Andrew

adjusted

and they

yes, a request for 'all' data as is defined. no need for someone to specify. the cag template has some indicators, but is for them to send 'all' data. if thats what you asked for.

if they dont know what that means!

if they havent complied within the stat period, then they are already in breach.

what did yr initial request say?

I think your request was pretty explicit in that you required ALL data ?

BCOBS

• dx100uk changed the title to Dads Natwest reclaiming