New Caravan

Maisie999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, just a quick one. Bought a brand new caravan in November 2014, wasn't right, long list of faults. Took it back, complained to dealer who didn't want to know so took complaint to finance company. They instructed dealer to fix, they did and a report was gained by the finance house which stated jobs had been done. Caravan was returned to us and guess what, yep, only some jobs done and others to very poor standard. I was not happy at all, this caravan by the way is £34,000! Sent it back to dealer, told finance company I want to reject. They are now getting another report done. How long should all this take? We are paying nearly £400 a month and haven't used it! The repairs have really been bodged, not good enough for such an expensive van. Any advice?

Have you also contacted the manufacturer?

For Example - Although bought from a dealer, the manufacturer of our caravan is Bailey.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Have you also contacted the manufacturer?

For Example - Although bought from a dealer, the manufacturer of our caravan is Bailey.

Stigman

It's an Elddis brand, they are next to useless! Really not interested, we just want to reject now so we can buy elsewhere. The only people to have listened is the finance company but now I'm starting to think they aren't going to play ball!

Please also remember that you can reject under the Sale of Goods Act, if the Caravan has been manufactured with defects that render it impossible to use or to use as it was designed to then I would go down this route.

You may need independent reports etc.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

Please also remember that you can reject under the Sale of Goods Act, if the Caravan has been manufactured with defects that render it impossible to use or to use as it was designed to then I would go down this route.

You may need independent reports etc.

Stigman

I think that's where it becomes a grey area, the caravan is perfectly usable, the faults are along the lines of scratches to cupboard doors, window catches not operating correctly, motor mover not working correctly, tear / unstitched area on a curtain, flaw in carpet, door catch not catching correctly, locker door doesn't fit right etc etc.. All smallish jobs in their own right but added together on a £30,000+ NEW caravan in my eyes not acceptable. If it was a used van we had inspected before then no problem but we bought new so we should expect new quality??

Hiya,

I would then write a letter to the HQ of Elddis and ask them either why did they let it leave their factory in this condition & that the Dealer is non-compliant when resolving build quality issues.

Elddis

Delves Lane

Consett

Co Durham

DH8 7PE

Mr Rob Quine

Managing Director

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 01207 699 000

Fax: 01207 699 001

I totally agree with you if it is not perfect for £30,000 then you have the right to complain.

We used to have an Elddis about 12 years ago, it was only a two berth which was great but I passed Mrs. Stig on the stairs a couple of times and we now have a 6 berth Bailey.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

Stigman - try crossing your fingers whilst crossing on the stairs, I've been told it works!!! Thank you so much for the info however I have just had a call from the finance company stating they are happy to reject given all the issues so at least we will get our deposit back and can start looking again! On the deposit front, we were offered £12,000 in PX for our caravan however on the forms the dealer put £10,000 and reduced the amount of the new van by £2,000. Will we only get the £10,000 back? If so we wouldn't be able to replace our PX. Is there anything we can do about this or have I dipped out because I never said anything before?

I think in all honesty that you will receive back only the £10,000 px, that is the amount that is stated on the signed agreement.

The extra £2,000 discount that was also part of the px of your old caravan will be hard to prove unless you have a breakdown of the figures.

Has the caravan brokers still got your old px?

Did you sign & send the CRIS documentation on your old Caravan?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

I think in all honesty that you will receive back only the £10,000 px, that is the amount that is stated on the signed agreement.

The extra £2,000 discount that was also part of the px of your old caravan will be hard to prove unless you have a breakdown of the figures.

Has the caravan brokers still got your old px?

Did you sign & send the CRIS documentation on your old Caravan?

Stigman

The PX is long gone apparantly, we didn't sign any cris docs. Just what I thought re deposit. You live and learn!

Contacting the manufacturer if it is Elldis they are bloody useless. Same problem, faults with a new 20k caravan, no manufacturer interest. Fortunately dealer on my side and is sorting things out themselves and billing manufacturer.

Hi Maisie,

Sorry for the late reply, typical weekend/Monday in the Stig Family household.

I would also write, telephone or email to the NCC to inform them that you are no longer the owner of your old Caravan and that you PX'd it into xxxx Dealership on xx/xx/xxxx.

Their is no legal requirement to do so btw.

The address, email & phone numbers are...

NCC CRiS

PO Box 445,

Aldershot,

GU11 9FS.

T 0203 282 1000

[email protected]

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Stigman, I read your post and followed your instructions last week. Thanks for your help. Sorry I haven't updated in a while but we have been having terrible problems at home. Thanks again to everyone who has replied.

Black Horse Finance finally decided to refund all our deposit and payments and allowed us to reject. Despite wasting money on two independent inspections of which neither picked up the faults with the upholstery or the scratches to the front panel! It wasn't until I sent in my own photos they were aware of how bad it was! Anyway, long story short we have rejected and all monies have been repaid. I have to say looking back that Black Horse were very good overall, in fact we have been and bought a 2014 caravan from another retailer and have financed that through black horse, I'm not sure they wanted us back as a customer but they have got us! The caravan we have now is fantastic, not without its little faults but we had the chance to look at it and after all it is a year old so we are realistic and don't expect new condition. I so wish we had done this in the first place but I thought buying new would give us less hassle! One final tip, I am not sure if I am allowed to name them but a very large caravan dealer somewhere near Glossop - they gave us so much trouble and hassle right from the start, I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. Dreadful from day one.

We bought our latest caravan from Longtons in Lancaster, totally different, very helpful, explained and listened, would recommend 100%.