Euro car parks PCN - advice needed please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband has just got back to our car in Sainsbury's car park to find a Euro Car Parks PCN on the windscreen demanding £60 (or reduced fee of £30) for parking 'longer than the maximum period allowed'. The parking time limit is 2 hours free parking and he stayed for 2 hours 30 minutes. We're regular customers at the store but we don't have a receipt to prove we shopped there at the time stated. The supermarket is quite big with a cafe so 2 hrs isn't a particularly long time and it also situated next to a retail park where you could spend all afternoon shopping. The car parks have no clear defining line and seem to merge into one. The signs on one side do state however, that it is Sainsbury's car park and there is a 2 hour max limit but the rest of the writing isn't really that clear.

I've had a look at other posts and info about similar incidents but the more I read the less sure I am about what to do!

Please can anyone give me advice?

Emersons Green by any chance?

As for advice, do absolutely nothing until you get a Notice to Keeper in the post. Doing anything before then is just wasting your time.

Don't panic!

Receipt or not, you could always go and give the Sainsbury's manager a good earbashing. Regular customer and all that. You never know.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

I've just sent a snotty email to Sainsbury's customer complaints dept, thanks for the suggestion! So I should ignore it even thought there's a time limit for payment (20th for the reduced fee) and for appeals?

• 1 month later...

I got a Notice to Keeper letter today. It seems a long time after the initial pcn so I thought they weren't bothering, how long do they normally wait?

So now I need to appeal, can anyone give me any more advice on the best approach for this?

What happened with your complaint to Sainsburys?

Between 29-56 days to receive the NTK if a NTD is issued and they want to try and envoke keeper liability.

Have a read of these successful threads and see what you come up with;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?405805-PPC-Successes-(No-Questions-please)/page6