ESA volunteer form

copps321
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am just in the process of starting some volunteer work (done 2 hours so far which did not go so good for certain reasons but i have a new date and time to try again in a couple of weeks) anyway i phoned ESA and asked for a form and i just wanted to find out if the 1 i received is the correct form as it doesn't actually mention volunteering on it just work and permitted work.

on a second note i receive DLA do i need to inform them of this and get a form also?

What form did you ask for when you phoned ESA?

What is an ESA volunteer?

If you are asking for a form to apply for a benefit that only people who are unable to work can get why do you want a form to enable you to volunteer for work. Surely its one or the other?

I'm sure I saw a form somewhere on which you could definitely score 15 points on one or two descriptors that would ensue you qualified for ESA.

Im currently on ESA and will be starting some volunteer work in the near future so im looking for the form to inform them of this the 1 they sent me does not mention volunteering its just paid work / permitted work so i was just checking if its the correct 1

You are currently on ESA. Have you been through the assessment process yet and if so which group have you been placed in? Also, on what grounds did you apply for and/or succeed in qualifying for ESA?

I am not sure if there is such a form as you enquire about. After all would they expect anyone who was assessed as having a limited capability for work to volunteer for work?

There are so-called voluntary work placements or schemes that the DWP can mandate claimants, in particular JSA claimants, to participate in. In the case of claimants in receipt of ESA they can't be mandated onto such schemes.

Outside of those schemes a claimant may volunteer for anything they wish. That would have nothing to do with DWP, it would not be necessary to inform them and therefore I see no reason why they should have forms to facilitate a claimant informing them in such cases.

What you would have to do, however, is to inform DWP immediately if there is a change in your circumstances. I reckon that going from being assessed as incapable for work to volunteering for and taking up work would be a change of circumstances. Not only that but a change of circumstances that could see your ESA benefit withdrawn.

Hello guys.

I claimed IB, a while back obviously, for MH issues.

My psychiatrist recommended voluntary work for me as part of my rehabilitation. I think I just wrote and told the DWP this was the case and asked if they would agree to my doing a day a week.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

oh right i thought there was a form for some reason, when i phoned and said i was going to be volunteering she asked for my address and said the letter was on its way thats why i assumed i had to fill out a form for it