IF anything happens to me : Council House

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live in a council house and have a secured tenancy. I'm a single parent with one child, the other 2 have left home. When my youngest is 18 can I have her put on my tenancy agreement, in case anything ever happened to me, she wouldn't be homeless? or is that illegal?

If anything happens to the main tenant in a council house it usually,the tenancy,passes to the child living there automatically,they don't throw them out so you don't need to worry,I know a few folk that have been in that situation here in Scotland,you can check with your council quite easily to make sure

If anything happens to the main tenant in a council house it usually,the tenancy,passes to the child living there automatically,they don't throw them out so you don't need to worry,I know a few folk that have been in that situation here in Scotland,you can check with your council quite easily to make sure

Are the laws different to England? I can only but ask, but thanks anyways

I live in a council house and have a secured tenancy. I'm a single parent with one child, the other 2 have left home. When my youngest is 18 can I have her put on my tenancy agreement, in case anything ever happened to me, she wouldn't be homeless? or is that illegal?

Are the laws different to England? I can only but ask, but thanks anyways

Have a read of this

If you were living with a council tenant before they died, you may have the right to inherit their tenancy. Find out about succession rights for relatives of secure council tenants.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/social_housing/transfers_and_exchanges/can_you_inherit_a_council_tenancy

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Thank you both for your information. I opened the link and even I understood it! :-)

I am Autistic and if I have to move into supported living at a later date, once my daughter is old enough, I wonder if they would consider that to be a worthy reason other than death. I shall ring and ask. Cheers. What a great site this really is.