Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

1 Follower


  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Hi, there hasn't been major adaptation, my GP and Soical Worker and O.T. all agreed I needed a stair lift and wet room, but as I am single living in a 3 bedroom house, now my children have left home, even though I pay bedroom tax, they wouldn't do the adaptations. I have a social worker as I have carers to help with domestic and personal care, I have a few diagnosis, but Agoraphobia is certainly a struggle, which I've had for 8 years now, I go out with carers for 7 hours per week over 2 days, the lack of human contact is doing nothing for my depression but my Autism hampers me from being
  2. I had planned to keep everything in my name as you suggested, but I hope I wouldn't need to chuck him out, having lost contact for 22 years, that would seem a shame having only made contact recently
  3. "Jumping through hoops" I could drag myself through some I guess lols. We were together once, perhaps a year, but that was 33 years ago and since then he's been married, now divorced. This is all very theoretical at this stage, I mean we haven't seen each other in 22 years, so will be taking it all rather slowly, i.e, visiting me at mine for a week, then seeing if we still get on face to face after such a long gap....we might, after all this, hate each other altogether and the last thing either of us want would be to end up living in the same place, not being able to stand the sight o
  4. Thanks for replying :o) Yes, he would be financially independent, he's 62 at present and plans to travel before finding somewhere to share a place in the UK. Ok, I will keep documents and advise him to do the same. I would imagine the housing association place or council place would be in my name as I would either be doing a mutual exchange or requesting a transfer based on my health conditions. Thanks again for contacting me with your advice
  5. I will do my best to ask my question without making it too complicated. I have 14 separate diagnosis. I live currently in the home I raised my children in, which was recently transferred from the council to a housing association. All my children have left home. I have carers coming in to help with personal care and domestic tasks and taking me out into the community, i.e. shopping, coffee out, for 7 hrs per week, the remainder of the time I am at home, in doors and extremely lonely. It is having a real impact on some of my diagnosis. I have a friend that is returning from outside the
  6. I didn't realise you could do your own deed poll, saving the cost of expensive solicitors Thank you so much for the information
  7. In August 2000, after divorcing my husband I kept my marital name. I now want to revert back to my maiden name, can I just go back to it or will I have to pay for a deed poll to change my name to my maiden name? If I have to pay to change my name, how much will this cost?
  8. Hi, thanks for the info, I was just going by what PIP told me. But I'll let my daughter know :o) But come to think of it, she doesn't get the mobility bit anyway, so in this case ( not that you knew that ), it won't make a difference to her :o)
  9. I spoke to PIP and they didn't mention anything about not being able to get the mobility component. I guess as we're still in the EU, it appears we get both. If this changes in anyway, I'll re-post, but I guess I'll have to wait to see what payment is deposited into her account, but I will let you know if there are any changes in the amount :o)
  10. OH DEAR, UK begins to leave the UK on 29th March.....idiot that I am, I'm sure you all know I meant the EU, but I don't know how to edit that post. So UK is leaving EU on 29th March 2019.
  11. For anyone else reading this....I have just rung PIP, they have confirmed that their website is updated regularly. UK begins to leave UK on 29th March 2019, and the website states the following : "There will be no change to the rights and status of UK nationals living in the EU while the UK remains in the EU". Now why couldn't they have chosen a date to co-inside with 5th April, the ending of the UK tax year. I don't know if that would make any difference, but just in case it would :o)
  12. Well that's what I thought but as we're not out of the EU yet and it says if you move residents to Spain e.g., then you can still claim your DLA or PIP as we're in the EU still, well atm . She's concerned she may have to pay it back, but then I guess they wouldn't be paying it in if they know. But she had difficulty in letting them know as she doesn't speak Spanish, nor knows anyone that does...so sending something recorded delivery was a tad hard to achieve as even the staff in post offices in Gibraltar only speak Spanish and that's what PIP demanded. They eventually accepted an email sent to
  13. My daughter has moved to Spain in March 2018. She has notified PIP of her new address, will this affect her entitlement at present as we are still in the EU until next March, as I understand it when the beginings of leaving the EU begins?
  14. Thanks will really appreciate any light anyone can shed on it, cos I'm stunned to say the least
  15. I don't think so, as the room wouldn't be touched, it would still be a 3 bedroom house. All they would be altering would be the bathroom itself, not changing anything to the bedrooms at all. The stair lift wouldn't change anything to the bedrooms either. Its just a straight stair case that leads to the landing, almost to the bathroom door (By the way, I love your cat, with its headphones, almost drowning it by size comparison.... it has cheered me up immensely !!!)
  • Create New...