Vodafone / carphone warehouse nightmare.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a voda phone contract with cpw and was told I had 30 days to cancel if I wasn't happy.

This turned out to be untrue so I complained and said I was missold and cpw agreed to cancel the contract and pay any charges associated with it. They sent a courier to collect the phone on 20th Oct 2014.

At the end of November I recieved a bill from vodafone so called cpw asking why when the phone was returns and was told I need to call vodafone and get them to send a final bill with any settlement fees. the woman at vf said they couldn't manually generate a bill and is have to wait till the next bill date is end of December.

The bill arrived for £65 so I took it to my local cpw store and then a week late got an email from the debt collectors so contacted cpw again asking what the hell'a going on it's been 3 months now since I returned the phone. They said the bill didnt have the full settlement fee so they can't fully disconnect the account until they have the right bill. I went back to vf and asked for the right bill. They sent the same bill. I called again and they sent the same bill again. So third time I lost it and said you're messing me about. The guy explained this was the correct bill and that because the phone had been returned all fees had been waived!

So I went back to cpw and told them this and they said they'll speak with vf. They came back saying they wouldn't pay this as it looks like usage for when I used the phone. I explained that I never used the phone. So I looked through the bills and there was only a 50p charge on the october bill and then the line rental. I explained that I'd already paid for the October line rental in the first sept bill cause you pay in advance so didn't need to pay anymore line rental and the cpw said well they've given you a credit for that and I said no the credit is for December line rental and he insisted no.

Cpw aren't having it and said I need to speak to vf again.

So I call vf again and the guy I spoke to said no you're not liable for that and I'll tell you why. Cpw returned the phone on the 28th November over a month after you returned it to them. That's when vf closed the account and waived the line rental generating a credit for the December line rental that had been charged. I asked him if he could put it in an email so I could send to cpw. He said yes and then didn't. So I'm at a loss because im going round in circles and got debt collectors chasing me. For nearly 2 months line rental when I had the phone for less then a month.

Sorry it's so long but what can I do ?

Hi

First of all, please go check your credit file. VF are very prone to slapping defaults on with little or no notice.

Next, we have a VF rep here. I would post the link but it doesn't want to work for me. You could try it yourself and see if it works for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2014**&p=2343766&viewfull=1#post2343766

If you need to phone them, please record the call and no, you don't have to tell them that you are recording. When Lee does respond, he will usually agree to email you with what has been discussed.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hopefully lee will see this in the morning and get on with it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 1 month later...
Hi renee125,

I've got your email and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

This has now been sorted. Thanks to Lee.

Cpw continuously gave me the run around saying these charges were my responsibility cause I hadn't given a months notice!!! That's a new one. In the end I threatened to take them to court and said I'd spoken to Ofcom and they they got all panicky and offered me the £65 but that wouldn't have helped my credit file! But Lee looked into it. Saw the phone had been returned so got the £65 cancelled and the credit file corrected! So glad I found this site.

Thank you so much Lee. You are a credit to vodafone!

Cool! well done to you and Lee (once again)

Has credit file been updated as yet? If not, we will wait for confirmation before I place resolved at the head of this thread.