style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They cannot chase you for this debt, they can chase the joint owner unless were bankrupt as well, not sure if this is what toddle2u was getting at, but they cannot chase the bankrupt person

The property hasn't been sold yet and the OP was looking at early discharge. The question was after discharge if the property was sold and there was a shortfall could he be chased for it. The answer is yes.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the mortgage was being paid and wasn't included in the original bankruptcy you might have to go bankrupt a second time. Bankruptcy deals with debts that occurred before the date of the order and your estate goes towards dealing with those debts.

I think you can include a contingent (future) creditor at the time of the order but I know you need to get some advice from your Trustee about this - after all thats what they are there for while you are undischarged.

It is certainly possible to be bankrupt twice at the same time.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I filed for bankruptcy Feb 09 which went well, all the creditors have been informed about the bankruptcy and they have stopped sending demands, however i have been now been given an early discharge on 14th Sept 09 and the creditors were informed that the discharge has been granted.

Today i have looked at my credit file and all the crditors are still informing the credit file companys that i have defaulted on payments and the CCJ orders are still showing outstanding.

As the bankruptcy was confirmed and ended when the discharge was issued should the creditors still be issuing defaults and the CCJ orders be showing as outstanding. What action can i take to start re building my credit file etc etc

Cheers

hi riped off if you have been discharged then i suggest you follow the step below

Credit Reference File Clean Up Post Bankruptcy - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

your creditor shouldn't be issuing default after your BR order , this is illegal and i will contact your OR for thiS. I had the same probelm with one of my creditor and the action of the OR was very swift .

Moreover your default should be marked as sastified or partially settled or something to that effect.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Well have been discharged following my bankruptcy early this year, iam starting a new full time job in November 2009, but sadly my old car has not passed the mot and will cost to much to repair, Therefore i have no option but to try and get a 2nd hand car so can get to work but finding it hard to get anyone to lend.

Iam looking for a lender who will lend to a discharged bankrupt, has anyone got any information where i can go for a car etc etc

cheers:(

they are a loan broker so be careful with them if they charge you a fee avoid it .....

Why? Are you expecting to use their expertise and knowledge in being able to source funding for a discharged bankrupt for free?

Have you any alternatives that don't charge a fee

Why? Are you expecting to use their expertise and knowledge in being able to source funding for a discharged bankrupt for free?

Have you any alternatives that don't charge a fee

toddle i am not having a go at you or anyone else so before you make some sweeping statemtent i suggesty you read carefully the site suggested by didgy geezer before suggesting going any further ...

the Op will fidn that being just discahrge it will find extremely difficult even impossible to get a loan .... as the lender will see as an extreme risk.

the other things this kind of company usually charge sky high interest numerous charges and fee can be added on top ,which will make a loan very expensive .

then after being through bR would you want to become in debt again ?

the Op will fidn that being just discahrge it will find extremely difficult even impossible to get a loan .... as the lender will see as an extreme risk.

the other things this kind of company usually charge sky high interest numerous charges and fee can be added on top ,which will make a loan very expensive .

then after being through bR would you want to become in debt again ?

No arguement with any of that

Hi there Ripped Off

I have managed to locate the following website which explains about car finance after bankruptcy: Car Loans After Bankruptcy - 3 Things You Should Know

And also the following link lists recommended auto finance lenders:

Car - Auto - Vehicle - Automobile Loans - Bad Credit and After Bankruptcy or Foreclosure OK - Subprime Lenders

I hope this helps x

Now Now children :D

I don't see anything particularly offensive, patronising or insulting about the posts on this thread.

A question was asked about getting finance,

an answer was given including credible links

and an advisory was added for the OP to be wary of anyone adding fees.

I cannot see how any of this could be construed as negative and see it as a fair and useful set of posts

The primary purpose of this forum is to assist others who are entering into circumstances which they have no experience of and to prevent them falling foul of the tactics of the DCAs

Have a nice weekend

Phat.

If you have a problem with my posts, please let me know personally instead of reporting me. People ask for an opinion and you keep coming along and posting that everyone is wrong, and only you are right.

hi dodgy geezer i do not have a problem with you or anyone else in that matter . i just reported one of you post because you have use a word that i deem offensive on another thread toward me . this comment has now been edited by the CAG team at my request and for me this is the end of the matter.

One on antoher note i do not use the private messae facility has apparently it is against the rule .

my comment was only made to the OP to be careful of sub prime lender ands soemtiem sthey have fee "hidden" in tiny print in their term and condition especially when they consider you as a big risk to the lender .

for example look at provident and their extortionate interest .. Eligibility for unsecured loans | Provident Personal Credit

Loan example: If you borrow £300, you will pay back £10.50 over 52 weeks, which adds up to £546. Typical 272.2% APR

i am just saying to the Op to be aware of it and be carefull to read the tiny print . this is all. I know it can be useful when you have a very poor credit rating and need soem large money in an emergency .. but you have to weigh the benefit and cons before embarking yourself with them.

Unfortunately, I had personal dealing with provident and shopacheck before my bankruptcy and trust me they are some of the worst bullys when you fall into difficulties with them. even though i was bankprut they have ingore this to the point when my official receiver was gettign tired of them for failing to follow the rules and they had to take action against them .

• 1 year later...

Hi ,

Can any one help, if a couple have got joint bank account with the Nawest bank which is over drawn by £550.00 the bank have frozen the account due to one of the parties being BR, what happens to the bank account is the whole amount of the overdraft now fall on the wife or only 50% as the other 50% was the husbands and inc in the BR.

They have opened a new joint account with a lender who offers account with no credit checks and will happly open an account even to BR no question at all and it took 1 hour telephone call to open the account with Mastercard debt card option ( Think Banking )

Any help would be great

You are jointly and severally liable for the debt, which means if one person does not pay up, then the other is liable to pay the full balance.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

My wife has 2 credit card accounts with total debt of about £11k , also she has 1 CCJ from the Halifax also £11k which has not been paid since 2007, we have looked at clearing the lot but as she works part time and i have just been laid off, i myself was declared bankrupct back in early 2009 and have since been discharged, the CCJ debt was in joint names that why the wife has got CCJ, we are not sure whch way is best to go forward, as the CCJ has not been paid ia scared that they will come knocking.

I under stand the bankrupcy process however not sure about an IVA do they take into account joint income when processing the IVA ie child tax, part time wage benefits etc , also when we claimed against the Halifax for bank charges they paid the claim and since the test case was won by the banks we have got a claim against us in joint names ie the bank want the funds back and intend to sue us both to the sum of £7k but we have not had any replies from the bank YET

can anyone help

cheers

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi All,

I started working for my current employer in July 2013 they put me on a 3 month to start with and if all went well, they would keep me on full time. Iam still working for the company but never been issued a contract of employment, i did get pay increase to year. And very happy had no issues with the employer but considered they have not issued contract.

should i keep pushing them to get it in writing.

Just be aware that no job is 'safe' until you have worked there for two years. You do have a contract, albeit not a written one in that you are turning up for work and getting paid in return. Hopefully you are also receiving paid holiday etc. Most firms would have a company handbook of some sort which outlines the finer detail of a contract - the statement of terms merely confirms hours, pay and place of work. Unless a formal contract or successfully completing 'probation' entitles you to additional benefits such as a pension, gym membership, heathcare etc and you are happy at work, you may want to hold back from telling the employer what their legal obligations are. It may just put you on their radar in the event that they need to make cuts!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

• 10 months later...

After a ling chat my wife will be filling fir bankruptcy in 2 weeks, my question is

As we rent from private landlord do we have to inform him we are up to date with rent and never missed nor late

As my wife only works part time and earns min wage can she apply for help with court fees, if so do I have to include my wages as she's applying.

Before shd files do you have to inform any creditors

Any advice would be great

https://www.gov.uk/bankruptcy/overview

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/what-happens-when-you-become-bankrupt

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2012/apr/05/filing-for-bankruptcy

Whilst you are waiting on help from other caggers, it might be worth you having a read of the links above. None of them are long or complicated. You could also have a word with National Debtline - they will be able to answer any questions you might have.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/factsheets/Pages/01%20EW%20Bankruptcy/Default.aspx

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D