style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unable to effectively argue your case? Well you're making a pretty good stab at it now.

Arrow as part of their data analytics sift all their dear customers into can't pay, won't pay or won't say. The last category is the most dangerous as it means that, as we're unsure and they've gone to ground, why not see if a court claim will motivate them, followed by a default judgment if it doesn't. If you receive and defend a court claim chances are,

as I've said earlier, that they will not succeed. The very worst would be a CCJ to be paid off at a peppercorn monthly token fee.

Do not be afraid of advocacy. They are there to *help*. Most services include staff trained to understand and work around a wide range of mental health conditions. Including the fact that some days you are barely functioning at all.

Your local CAB, Mind, mental health service and council can all tell you where to find them or even perhaps make the referral for you. Moreover, if you're not well enough to go to them, they can usually come to you. Why not take advantage?

Now you've shown us how much effort you can put into not existing, why not apply some of that positive energy and intellect into proving that you can and will take Arrow and their midgets on?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dx100uk - Thank you very much. OK ,

I am on the brink of registering with noodle - but, one last question / observation,

these companies have so far had no acknowledgement from me that they have got to me ,

I have not confirmed the address or acknowledged their interest, and so far, they have given up,

and eventually another company has started the fishing letters to old and current address and then with the threatening letters

- then they stop, and so it goes.

IF they succeeded in court , could they get some of my pension ?

I currently have benefit minus deduction and owe DWP.

I could just continue to ignore till I die as I see no other way out ?

Unless , as you suggest, they could REALLY be seen off by letter ?

That seems a too good to be true possibility.

I should say that I now have NO credit, NEVER will have , and never sought to deceive or steal.

But I didn't see the illness either.

Thanks again I won't bother you all any more after this ,

THANK YOU very much, best regards.

oleg, thank you very much, but one day in a hundred only achieved with juggling a long list of medication is how it goes. But thank you, at least I can print all this off and hold on to it, and maybe give to advocacy service ( ? )

Thank you.

People ae offering you advice to get a way out. But you seem intent on not acknowledging them...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

SabreSheep ,

You should read my responses again. I have acknowledged each respondent, and gratefully .

For the avoidance of doubt in light of you not noticing, I'm very grateful for all the advice and guidance, and I hope , permitted to clarify that which I may have concerns over.

Best Regards.

Sabre didn't mean you hadn't thanked ppl for their time, he's not that kind of person: he was, rather, expressing concern that he felt you were not following the advice.

In that respect let me add if I may a word. You don't have time to be "on the brink" of registering with noddle. Nor is it to be approached like a walk on a tightrope over a river. I urge you to do it today.

And pls don't imagine I know nothing about your illness. In fact I do, but it's irrelevant here. All I need mention is that it's important to act whilst you're in charge.

Preferably to contact the advocacy service too. With most, you'd not be given an immediate appointment as there would be a waiting list, so the sooner you act, the better. And yes, you could show them this thread. Far more use than trying to explain from scratch. Besides, they may not be all that au fait as we are with debt matters, especially the Arrow beast.

No you can't write a letter asking them please will you let me off paying. But if they cannot produce a compliant, executed CCA, there are simple mechanisms to enable you to defend in a way to prevent court action from proceeding. And if you've reached the statute bar, they can do nothing.

Do not worry about losing your pension. That is not going to happen.

Yes, Arrow will have outsourced [their horrid word not mine] to a couple of their concubines but eventually they pass to a solicitor to take action. And believe me, some of those solicitors are nasty. However, we know how to take the venom out of their bite. But we do need your cooperation. Taking 2 to tango, and all that.

Good luck

Oleg

• Haha 1

Oleg,

thank you very much for your advice. I greatly appreciate it, as I do that of Sabre Sheep and dx100uk .

Best Regards, HB

Edit - cancel that . I am looking at their "privacy" policy and it looks like the answer is "yes" , which is worrying.

Last question, will noddle share my application data with anyone ? Thank you.

Edit - cancel that .

I have a record of an Email in 2010 from them advise closure as a bad debt

- and a response from me offering them the opportunity to negotiate

- this was to an address which the email small print said,

don't send, however, the address did commence "customerservice@" so I believe any court will believe that attempt to have

communicate to have been reasonable. They ignored that offer and then sold to AGG .

Would it help to post the detail ( edited of account details etc ? ) here ?

I believe this would have been accompanied at the time by erratic but detailed written offers to negotiate from me.

My defence against any action against me now would be that original lender refused to negotiate disputed account

or take account of medical condition, and knowing this , sold account to AGG.

As I have said, I believe I destroyed paper records in a period of extreme ill health 2 years ago.

Advocacy Services - whoa ! just looking into , Thank You ALL for bringing to my attention. Hope I last long enough to pursue .

The email to which I refer above sent in 2010 may clearly be viewed as acknowledging debt, but also disputing the amount and seeking to negotiaite.

IF that was my last acknowledgment, then is that when the statute barred clock starts from ( if , as I believe, I have only disputed / denied / ignored DCA communications since) ?

I have remembered , but cannot find, a photocopy of a CCA dated 1995 being received. Difficult to read as I recall.

I remember asking multiple questions in attempt to understand alleged balance, and not getting satisfactory response ( to me, anyway, accepting my mental processes may have been manic - which is not to say they were wrong ! )

If CCJ and Enforcement made against me does anyone know what likely to be ordered if total income (excluding pension fund )

is ESA Support and lower rate DLA less deductions due to overpayment ( not understood !) reclaim by DWP ?

ie what's the minimum / maximum the CCJ would order from an monthly income of £550

- particularly when DWP debt still outstanding ?

I think if I become homeless / no fixed abode, any benefits would stop ?

no good keep speculating what position you might be in

you need the CRa file.

end of cant underline that enough.

as for you pension

no they cannot touch that

pers I think you are in a far better position than what you think you are.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Bundles of debt are sold as spreadsheet list containing only most basic statistics. Will show last payment and date of default notice but usually no communications log so Arrow are unlikely to know about your 2010 emails. Thus you can calculate likely S B as six years plus one month from last payment. That's assuming you've made no written contact with Arrow or their agents.

It is quite possible that you will end up with a CCJ if you continue to play ostrich - one which will not consider your circumstances since the court will not have been made aware of them.

If you do as we ask, the worst possible outcome would be a CCJ with a £1/month payment, but the more likely outcome no CCJ at all. Due to either S B or failure of Arrow to fully prove to the judge a debt [eg non-compliant/non-existant CCA].

We keep telling you that you will not lose your pension or mansion if you follow our advice. But still you keep asking.

Thousands of ppl we helped and who are trying to keep a low profile have checked their CRA file without being sent to the Tower of London as a result. If you are still petrified, we can work around it but only by making guesses. That, obviously, isn't ideal. But do let us know, one way or the other.

Best wishes

Oleg

Signal gremlin. Duplicate post removed.

I just seen in another thread someone written that his basic bank account shows on his credit file. This is something you said yesterday you were concerned about.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello ,I did the Noddle thing.

I am nervous of posting detail here ,

Original Alleged Creditor recorded default ,

account later noted as "satisfied" ,

but then shows with Arrow as defaulted.

no searches at current address for 2 years.

Don't know if best lodge complaint against MBNA for failing to accept my DISPUTE

then defaulting, selling Arrow a dud as far as I'm concerned, resulting in harassment already referred to in detail.

To be honest, difficult to concentrate and failing but want to fight and actually now want counter action for punitive damages.

Plus - discovered that current account overdraft listed as behind with payment but new payment agreed ? ? ? Can't remember a thing. but nothing done since 2011.. ?

No action from them yet other than they sent a new card to old address last year - not activated the card needless to say ? inclined leave sleeping dogs lie as similarly I fought for explanations and details .

Also , for information Basic Bank Account Details DO APPEAR on credit report

( despite not a credit facility )

pers I'd let things run

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk, thank you.

You mean don't take any action against MBNA / ARROW or the Bank ?

Keep returning any correspondence from DCA , none of whom have searched this address in 2 years but MANY have written the usual threatening letters.

My original concern as you will see above was that a County Court Action might appear out of the blue.

I would not bother returning letters

that has no purpose.

as long as they are writing to the address where you are

then any speculative claimform would come there too.

join the club!

10'000's exactly like you.

dx

and they

dx100uk - thank you , but shouldn't i do something to try and stop it ?

DCA has no contract with me,

no right to process or hold personal data ,

Arrow were referred back to Original Creditor in 2012,

even Fin Omb Serv have suggested raising complaint against MBNA & ask Arrow to cease action. Confused.

stop what?..nothing is happening.

you've buffed them off till now.

cant see any need to change you actions.

bar simply not bothering to return letters.

thers no real point in that

it as you've seen by the noddle info

achieves nothing

they know where you are

no point in denying it.

not sure this bit:

DCA has no contract with me,

no right to process or hold personal data ,

me thinks you've been reading to many Freedom of the Land Site rubbish.

the debt has been sold

the debt buyer hold and has ALL the rights of the Original Creditor.

dx

and they

Thanks again.

Don't know about Freedom Land but have been looking at I.C.O regarding processing personal data, which is part of my concern ie; the harassment.

I will just do as you suggest and wait for action to be taken against me, then panic.

Thank you for your help.

Edit. Arrow report default July 2010.

Agreement 1995.

pigs will fly 1st me thinks

dx

and they

Sorry , what do you mean ?

That I will take your advice or that they will take action ( and if so why ? ) ?

Really Grateful for clarification because am feeling overwhelmed at prospect of trying to get a defence

particularly with having destroyed records although FOS might demand on my behalf ?

arrows issuing a claim.

matters not you hold nothing.

you can always CCA/SAR etc if the need ever became necessity.

but I very much doubt it.

dx

and they

dx100uk, Thanks again I really am grateful, and don't want to take your time any more so this is my last question for you, WHY wouldn't they because it seems like a lot of money >10k and therefore worth it to them .

ask yourself this...

why would a big multi-national like MBNA sell such a large debt themselves

and not have done court years ago...urm....

littleman v very big company

dx

and they

• 6 months later...

Eight Months on ..

..Update ...

. Disputed a/c on Noddle, this has caused Arrow Global Guernsey to suppress the record on my file,

BUT also instruct another DCA.

So it seems would have been better to leave alone as taking action has prompted them to recommence DCA activity... Allied International for info.

Noddle advised that AGG did not respond to their request for clarification and that they can do no more.

However they say AGG can can lift the suppression on my CRA file at any time.

Given my belief that MBNA sold the account whilst it was in dispute to AGG,

I do not believe AGG should be harrassing me and holding the threat of un suppressing the information.

I note that there is an unsecured overdraft which id recorded from 2009 and has a note that payment overdue but agreement reached with lender.

I have had no correspondence with that bank since 2010, I think. Memory, confusion, lost and destroyed documents don't help, at what point do banks sell on overdrafts ?

Grateful any input.

no set rule sadly

and they