Bw legal CCJ statute barred

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I took out a loan back in April 2008 with welcome finance. Just after I took out the loan I fell ill and spent some time in a mental health unit. I only made 2 repayments on this loan, therefore I beleive this debt to be statute barred. BW legal are trying for a CCJ, I have absolutely no idea what I am doing! I spoke to BW when one of their reps called me, I advided them I beleive its statute barred but he was adamant it is not, I requested proof and a copy of the credit agreement signed by myself. He said he would get this sent out but I have not received it, this was a month ago.

I went online with the claim pack to file my defence, stating I believe the debt is statute barred. I have since received a letter from the courts stating they intent to pursue the claim. I emailed bw legal yesterday and again requested proof of any payments made and a credit agreement, I also cc to the courts.

Just after some advice on wether I am doing the right things on defending this claim?

Yes - but you should also have pleaded the lack of the CCA.

Did you ask for the CCA in writing?

Stop talking to them. Do everything in writing

Also, what are the dates of the last payments?

Whilst it would appear you have already submitted a defence, if you would have a read of the link below and provide answers to the questions asked, then we will be able to advise further.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**

You should make requests for information by way of CPR, did you do this ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I made the first request over the phone when they called me, they haven't called back since and I made another request by email yesterday, when I received the letter saying they intend to pursue! If they are pursuing the claim does it mean it will go to court now?

Stop, dont be an idiot.

Send a £1 Postal Order and letter asking them to BW Legals address... They have 12 days to comply. Simple....

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You have received a claim formicon.

In order for us to help you we require the following information:-

Name of the Claimant ? Lowell portfolio

Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form 26th November 2014

Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total) -

^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE OF THE CLAIM IS DAY 1 [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total

What is the claim for – monies owed to welcome finance

What is the value of the claim?

Is the claim for a current or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? Personal loan

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? Around April 2008

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not sure

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? I am not sure but welcome finance went bust a few months after I took out this loan.

Have you been receiving statutornotices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Not sure

Why did you cease payments? Around may 2008

What was the date of your last payment? As above

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No dispute

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt managementicon plan? No

What is a CPR?

The guys here will help you... They key thing here is the Lack of Documents and i think under CPR, it gives you the right to request these.

Ill let the Site team help you....

We could do with some help from you.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

CPR is a request for documents mentioned within the claim form. There is a draft letter below. It needs to be sent to the Solicitor who is acting on behalf of the claimant - they will be named on the claim form. There is no fee for this information, but you should send the request via a tracked method.. Recorded/Special - at the very least you should obtain a free proof of posting to keep with your paperwork for the court.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387484-LEGAL-CPR-31.14-Request-Request-for-information-when-a-Claim-has-been-issued.

as you haven't provided the information contained on the claim form, then at this moment, we cannot advise what documents you can request.. so if you can do that, then that would help us.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D