Pro-Line Skates (Faulty Scooter)

clare-bear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am just looking for a bit of advice if anybody can help please.

I purchased a £148 Stunt Scooter for my son from Pro-line Skates Online towards the end of November this year (2014) just a few weeks ago basically.

When the scooter arrived we noticed the 'Grip-tape' was faulty. As I was going into town I thought I would pop into the store for them to replace the grip-tape. I was told that as I bought the scooter online they could not help me (even though it's the same business!) and I would need to go through the website to fix the problem. I did and I was sent a generic grip-tape which I cut to size. Sadly, this was not the end of the problems for this scooter.

Nearly two weeks ago the scooter started to make horrible sounding clicking noises when the handlebar was turned. I made sure the bolts were tight etc, but the problem persisted. I emailed Pro-line skates and didn't receive a response. I emailed again, and again no response. I thought give and take for the holidays.

I then finally received a response (Today) and was told to take it to their shop, another 10 mile round journey. I emailed back and said what happened the first time and I wasn't going to go back to the shop again to be told the same thing. Rather than saying the shop was wrong for turning me away they told me I never visited the shop and called me a liar! I figured that was a bit extreme as all I wanted was for them to pick the scooter up and repair it, at their expense for a change.

Due to their stinking attitude I had a change of heart and decided I now wanted a full refund instead and they could stick their repairs somewhere else! I was not so politely told that in no way was I ever going to get any refund and "Legally" I have no right to a refund but "MUST" accept a repair.

Maybe they are right, I don't know - but I do know I am extremely angry about this. I would have been happy for a repair but being called a liar really wound me up.

Sorry if I've gone on a bit. Can anybody advise whether I must accept a repair, again at my cost travelling, or would I be entitled to a refund?

Thanks for reading and any help.

Clare

Soga says repair replace refund. Not necessarily in that order though.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Soga says repair replace refund. Not necessarily in that order though.

Thanks for your reply,

Pro-line says that I "Legally" have to let them repair the scooter before I could even consider a refund. They said if I was to buy a new car and it developed a fault I would have to have a repair, not a refund. Well, this is a scooter, not a car.

If I refused them a repair option (99% due to their stinking attitude and inconvenience I have already had to endure) and if for example in the worst case scenario I decided to claim via the courts, is it possible then that a judge would say, "well Mrs....legally you had to accept a repair first, case dismissed!"

Or would it go more in my favour for a refund? Sorry I'm still a little confused. "Repair, Replace, Refund", in other words I'm trying to understand if it's my choice which one or the shops choice? If you get my meaning.

Thanks.

Not legally. But it's good practice to allow them to repair it. Iirc. Within the first 6 months they have tobprove it wasn't a manufacturing fault.

Its usually the shops choice for the repair,replace,refund though outside the 6 months.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It's not clear whether the faults are so serious that they prevent the scooter from being used. Might be an idea to let them repair but I would certainly want them to reimburse for any expenses incurred in getting it to them.

If they couldn't repair it in a couple of days or so then I would reject it and require a refund plus expenses. A company which starts from an automatic - no refunds - position is throwing down a gauntlet which should not be ignored

OK, thanks for the advice.

I have checked online due to the "purchased online, I must deal with it online" routine they gave me in the shop. I thought they must own maybe a number of shops plus an online only business (that is the impression they gave me). I'm not much good at detective work, especially when it comes to computers and the internet but I found this information:-

Name & Registered Office:

PROLINE INTERNET LIMITED

APARTMENT 5 CLIFTON HOUSE

CYNCOED ROAD

CARDIFF

CF23 5SL

Company No. 05042773

It looks like they own just the one shop, where online sales are made from? So if that was the case it makes it even stranger they pointed me to their website when their website and their shop are one?

I wonder if somebody might be able to double check if I am right with the details above. I plan on visiting the shop tomorrow and having a quiet word with them, along with taking the scooter with me.

Thanks again

Clare