EE Insurance

tonymann
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have a contract with EE and also pay a hefty £15 p/m for insurance, they have neevr let me down before and always replace handsets the next day which is why I stay with them.

At the end of Nov I phoned to report my phone lost and a replacement was delivered on the 1st Dec.

I have just realised now that it is rattling and I am not happy that after having the new one for just a month it appears to be faulty. I think this is a common fault on i phones where the battery becomes dislodged.

I phoned them today and the cust service rep advised me as I was out of a 14 day window they would on replace it by re charging the excess, alternatively they offered for me to go into a store for repair. I feel they should replace it free of charge.

Am I being unreasonable? Should I expect a replacement as its only a month old? What are my options?

thanks

No... youre not being unreasonable however, I would imagine the handsets are refurbed under their T&Cs...

Go into store. See what they say and if you dont like it complain to their Head Office...

[email protected]

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

It can be fixed fairly easily apparently.

Here is a YT video showing one way to fix.

You won't get the phone replaced, as it is a quick fix.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thanks guys i really appreciate the replies, I think I will check to see if the Ts&Cs say anything abt refurbed handsets and get it repaired depending on that.

It would still be interesting to know where I stand with this as a consumer, do I not get the same rights as with a new product............I guess it depends on if the handset is new though.