HSBC Charges Reclaim HELP please **SETTLED**

HP Mum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone please advise the NEW address of hsbc card services??

(gold credit card)

They apparently have moved from Chartwell Sq in Southend.

To clarify - I wrote a letter, normal postage stamp, regarding an hsbc credit card - and it has been returned as "Gone Away".

Yet every google search I do, says hsbc card services are at Chartwell Square.

I need to re-send the letter.

I rang India !!

They advised sending the letter to Coventry.

Wasn't sure if that was a joke...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hiya I thought that might do - but India said banking and cards are completely different.

So can anyone else confirm if Coventry is correct ??

PO Box 6001, Coventry CV3 9FP

Of course, I don't think PO Boxes accept Recorded Delivery.... And I want to ensure this letter gets there....

• 2 months later...

Months later and I am still waiting on a reply from hsbc card services

I sent 2 letters to Coventry address - which I was assured is the correct card services address. But no reply.

But did send normal post, so maybe this is why....

So I have recently sent a revised letter special delivery to Coventry. I hope someone now replies.

Hsbc stopped sending statements a few years ago - for no reason - and have give me a default - for no reason - for only a few hundred £s. Furious. I have been making monthly payments, despite no statements - so they should not have defaulted me.

I have written - again - and asked them to remove the Default from my CRA file.

Fingers crossed this works....

• 2 weeks later...

hsbc signed for my letter the day after I posted it.

And 2 days later I started getting phonecalls from M'Croft dca !!

Followed by 3 threatening letters in the space of 1 week.

Can not believe it.

I guess I need to write to M'croft. And find out the exact name and address of their "client" hsbc....

Unless anyone else has any other ideas.

• 1 month later...

FInally - hsbc card service wrote to me.

I wrote to Card Service PO BOX 6001 Coventry CV3 9FP.

But got a reply from:

Customer Credit Services, PO BOX 6277, Coventry CV3 9JS.

Still not sure which would really be the correct address to use...

Anyway: their reply (one month ago) simply said they would fully investigate the issue I have raised and would give me a full response as soon as their investigations are complete.

In the meantime - Moorcroft continue to harass me.

What to do?

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

Moorcroft still sending threatening letters.

Hsbc wrote saying they will be back in touch with answers to my complaints within 8 weeks.

8 weeks have passed.

Have re-written asking them to stop Moorcroft contacting me - as account is in dispute.

The alleged debt balance - as per Moorcroft statement and CRA file - is apx £500. However, I suspect that most of this is in undue hsbc charges.

I have asked hsbc to send statement of all charges and fees since card taken out. However, is there a template letter to send them asking for proper statement and breakdown of all charges attributed to a credit card account ??

• 2 weeks later...

Hsbc just wrote back.

They thank me for my letter, say they are still making enquiries into my issues and will get back to me with a detailed response soon.

However - in the meantime moorcroft are hassling me.

Can I send a CCA to hsbc to quicken the process up?

• 4 weeks later...

An update:

hsbc sent a pile of statements.

hsbc claim that a marker was put on my acc - gone away - 2.5 years ago, in 2012.

They then say "this action was taken to prevent confidential correspondence being sent to an incorrect address".

They further say "our credit card system was updated to paperless statements which prevented documents from being sent".

6 years ago there was a balance of apx £3.5k. I missed several payments over the years - however the balance was still reduced regularly and with payments much higher than the minimum monthly amount, often to make up the payments missed - reducing the balance to apx £1k by start 2013.

hsbc claim the account had fallen into arrears. hsbc claim that when an acc falls into arrears, their standard collection commences.

They state the acc was passed to a dca in Mar 13.

hsbc claim a DN was sent in Dec 12.

And a final demand sent in Nov 12.

hsbc claim they sent these docs to my address.

BUT this conflicts with their statement they sent nothing out "to prevent confidential correspondence being sent to an incorrect address".

hsbc then claim that because I did not reply to the DN or Final Demand a default was registered with CRA. And my acc passed to the DCA.

Funny that now there is a default on the CRA, the DCA is sending letters to the address that hsbc held with the "gone away" marker...

hsbc have refused to remove the default from CRA.

To continue - the DCA is hounding me....

I need to check through all statements hsbc have sent - to check all the charges incurred to see if they exceed the alleged balance.

But in the meantime -is there a template for "account in dispute" to send the dca ????

I have tried to access the library to source, but for some reason it says I do not have permission?? Not sure why?

Can anyone help.

This thread seems to be one long soliloquy??

I just read thru all hsbc statements.

They have charged almost £200 in late payment charges (£12). Often the same day as they received monthly payment.

The balance that has been passed to dca and the balance which exists on CRA includes these late payment charges.

I would like to ask a question please?

I have apx £200 of late payment charges added to my credit card debt.

Plus interest.

DCA is chasing me for apx £500 debt.

Can I dispute the charges & added interest to the charges with hsbc and get them deducted from the balance owed?

Are they unlawful late payment charges?

Anyone's input is much appreciated.

I have another thread about hsbc charges - but because the title is entitled "Hsbc Card Services Address??" no-one seems to be reading it.

So I just thought maybe I should start another thread to see if my questions about charges can get answered here instead:

I would like to ask a question please?

I have apx £200 of late payment charges added to my credit card debt.

Plus interestlink3.gif.

DCAlink3.gif is chasing me for apx £500 debt.

Can I dispute the charges & added interest to the charges with HSBClink3.gif and get them deducted from the balance owed?

Are they unlawful late payment charges?

Anyone's input is much appreciated.

I have written to the dca chasing me advising them that the account is in dispute...

But I have not written to hsbc card services to ask them to review the charges and/or remove them from the balance debt.

Should I?

If so - what kind of letter should I write??

It does help if your thread title says something about the problem you are having.

What is the value of each charge?

Thanks.

The £12 is within limits suggested by the OFT several year ago so the charges are difficult to challenge. You might have to try and discuss a FF

ok start the process

1) Get all the statements. Do a full subject access request to HSBC to do so = cost £10

2) Then use a spreadsheet to calculate the interest charged on those charges (OR simpler option interest in restitution at 29.99% comppound interest OR the highest APR they have charged you if higher than 29.99%

3) When you have those totals, come back here :)

Be aware YOU WILL HAVE TO ISSUE COURT PROCEEDINGS. there is always a chance you will have to represent yourself if it goes to court. Other Banks tend to settle before, im not too sure on HSBC.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thanks

Ironically I did just send a sar to hsbc about a current account anyway - which advises them to deal with every account in my name. So I guess this card comes under that remit?

So - that sar which was sent apx a week ago - should stop any action via dca and/or hsbc card services - I hope !!

Will check the links you listed now.

I thought the bank charges claims were stopped years ago for late payments, over drafts e.t.c?

Current accounts yes. You are correct. Op is complaining about charges made to a credit card which are reclaimable