Parking Charge Notice - Aldi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have today received a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) from a company called parking eye. It is for an incident that occured on 12/11/14 and was issued on 19/11/14 but only received today 24/11/14.

My question very simply is are these notices enforceable or can I just ignore it?

If anyone needs any further information please just ask and I'll give it, however I wont be able to do so until this evening

Thanks in advance.

We would need more information.

Did you pay for parking? What exactly does it say the "parking charge" is for?

What ever happens, ignoring it is old advice, and there are other ways you can fight it with a better chance than simply ignoring it. You should appeal to PE with a simple appeal such as "I am appealing to the parking charge notice as I do not owe the payment. Please provide a POPLA code to allow me to appeal further should you refuse my appeal".

They will refuse it no matter what you write, but they HAVE to provide you with a POPLA code which costs them money to do, you can then appeal to POPLA with the code, but you should come back here and someone will tell you the points you should use which have a high success rate.

PE are known to try delay tactics to stop them having to provide a POPLA code.

Make sure anything you do is in writing and get free proof of postage from the post office.

Saw this on another forum !!!

ALDI

Aldi seem to have seen sense with parking eyelink3.gif. If you have fallen victim to them, please phone Laura and Rachel in Aldi's Car Park Management Department on 01793 836317 to get your notice cancelled. They are working hard to deal with genuine cases - thanks Aldi.

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

We would need more information.

Did you pay for parking? What exactly does it say the "parking charge" is for?

What ever happens, ignoring it is old advice, and there are other ways you can fight it with a better chance than simply ignoring it. You should appeal to PE with a simple appeal such as "I am appealing to the parking charge notice as I do not owe the payment. Please provide a POPLA code to allow me to appeal further should you refuse my appeal".

They will refuse it no matter what you write, but they HAVE to provide you with a POPLA code which costs them money to do, you can then appeal to POPLA with the code, but you should come back here and someone will tell you the points you should use which have a high success rate.

PE are known to try delay tactics to stop them having to provide a POPLA code.

Make sure anything you do is in writing and get free proof of postage from the post office.

I didn't pay for parking.the PCN says as follows:

"On the 12th November 2014 vehicle ** ** *** entered the ALDI Didsbury car park at 14:07:31 and departed at 18:56:01 on 12 November 2014.

The signage which is clearly displayed at the entrance to and throughout the car park, states that this is provate land, the car park is managed by ParkingEte Ltd, that the maximum free stay authorised is 2 hours 0 minutes, along with other terms and conditions of the car park by which those who park in the car park agree to be bound.

Bt remaining at the car park for longer than the stay authorised or without authorisation, in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the signage, the Parking Charge is now payable to ParkingEyeLtd (as the Creditor)"

it then goes on with a lot of legals. Should you also need that let me know.

The charge is £70 but is discounted to £40 is paid within 14 days of the date issued which is 19/11/14.

Edited by thebaneofbanks
adding speech marks

Hi

Parking Eye generally reject all appeals as it is not in their interest to cancel a ticket so the simple approach is as advised. Do the soft appeal first as you want the POPLA code to take it to a second appeal. While nothing is guaranteed in this life (except death and taxes) Parking Eye have on more than one occasion not bothered to file an evidence bundle rendering the appeal a moot point however you should still follow the correct protocol.

Wait for the rejection and then use the POPLA code to appeal further then come back and members who have had similar cases will be able to assist

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE