Link Bought Four Of My Barclaycards

Darvishani
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Darv,

To save me hunting through all the documents posted, have BC or any DCA supplied you with a signed credit agreement or application form for any of the a/c's, If so, tell me in what number post the doc't is.

If no signed credit agreement or application form has been produced, and the a/c's are pre-2007, then court action to enforce the a/c's is not likely to be successful.

If you carry on paying nominal sums, the a/c's will never become Statute Barred.

The a/c's should stop showing on your CRA files about 6 years from when the a/c's were defaulted, or from when they SHOULD have been defaulted.

Continue to pay if you wish to reduce the debts. But it looks like the debts may not be enforceable and continuing to pay them may not get you anywhere.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

darvishani,

been reading this thread with interest.

You are beating yourself up over this.

I had issues with Barclaycard years ago and took the advice of people like slick and dx100uk and I would suggest you do the same.

You have been advised to stop paying them so stop paying them.

Link will eventually sell to somebody else.

As mentioned several times, WHY would BC sell the debt if they had all the correct documentation.

No correct executed credit agreements means no need to make further payments.

6 years is a long time to wait but it then becomes Statute Barred and you have saved £50k

Thank you so much for your advise

There is no signature and no contract and barclays are not that crazy to sale the 50k debts to link without even defaulting my name

I am going to stop paying them altogether and If I hear anything I will let you Know .

Many Thank to all of you for helping me and give me advise and support.

please do

and ofcourse stay off that phone!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...