AA - bunch of shysters!

sameagle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I joined the AA in November 2012.

In August 2013, stuck at the front of a queue in Stoke on Trent, with a flat bettery, I called them out.

Bearing in mind that I had been assured that I would be treated as "priority", as I am the holder of a Blue Badge, I was annoyed to say the least, when they failed to turn up, but they rang my mobile three times, to tell me that they were "too busy"!

In Sept 2012, they sent a renewal for £128.90, telling me that it was to be via a CPA that had been set up, and that I was informed about it when I made the phone call when I joined - they didn't tell me this at all, because their calltaker was so busy, he cut the call off before it was completed.

When I went to my bank to make sure that the CPA was cancelled, I was advised to telephone the card provider, Visa, as it was their responsibility to see that it was cancelled.

They assuered me that no further payments would be taken.

Now I find that £130.95 was taken by the AA yesterday, and checking back, it seems that last years payment was also taken!

Don't trust the AA, or your card provider, heads will roll at Nat West this morning!

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

I went into the Bank this afternoon, and explained.

They gave me the number for Visa, and loaned me a telephone in an office.

According to Visa, there is a 13 month period for disputes, and I was asked if I had notified the AA that I wanted to cancel my membership, and if I had, when did I do that?

I seem to remember that I'd telephoned last October, so they said that was (just), within the time limit.

Before I made today's call, the lady in the Bank suggested that my card could be cancelled, and a new one issued, which would stop them.

Whilst talking to Visa, I noticed that the start date on my card is 9/13, which is just before last years money was taken, so they could not have had my number, and when I put this to Visa, I was told that the retailer can "force it through"!

Then they read me their disclaimer, which include a bit about observing that this retailer will not be allowed to do this again - no good, Mr Visa, that's exactly what you read to me last year, so you are not even following your own rules!

Anyway, this latest payment should get reversed easily enough, and I now wait and see what happens to last years.

Sam

NatWest - Written off!

Whilst talking to Visa, I noticed that the start date on my card is 9/13, which is just before last years money was taken, so they could not have had my number, and when I put this to Visa, I was told that the retailer can "force it through"!

The money is taken from the account the card is connected to, not the card.

Cancelling or changing the card won't stop it, you would need to close the account.

The AA and Continuous Payment Authorities have had problems in the past. Where they take monies regardless of instructions. You should get last years payment back. Update the thread when Visa come back to you.

I went into the Bank this afternoon, and explained.

They gave me the number for Visa, and loaned me a telephone in an office.

According to Visa, there is a 13 month period for disputes, and I was asked if I had notified the AA that I wanted to cancel my membership, and if I had, when did I do that?

I seem to remember that I'd telephoned last October, so they said that was (just), within the time limit.

Before I made today's call, the lady in the Bank suggested that my card could be cancelled, and a new one issued, which would stop them.

Then they read me their disclaimer, which include a bit about observing that this retailer will not be allowed to do this again - no good, Mr Visa, that's exactly what you read to me last year, so you are not even following your own rules!

Anyway, this latest payment should get reversed easily enough, and I now wait and see what happens to last years.

Sam

It doesn't matter what you do when it comes to renewal time with the AA

the last time i had AA cover, i told the them i didn't want to renew, i also told my bank, but the money went from my bank anyway

I had to ring the AA and tell them i wanted my money back, they returned it a few days later

Thanks for all the comments and advice, I shall keep the forum informed of progress

Sam

NatWest - Written off!

• 3 weeks later...

The money removed from my bank account by the AA this year, with the connivance of Visa, has been refunded, the next step is to get last years' bit of skullduggery refunded.

I have sent a SAR enquiry to the AA this week, requesting all the data that they hold on me, and asking if they charge, and how much?

I shall report back

Sam

NatWest - Written off!

I received a reply from the AA today, wanting to know the dates and times of the phone calls that I have made to them!

They even enclosed a pro forma for this, presumably there are that many dissatisfied people out here, they need special forms.

They also want evidence that the letter I sent them was from me, at this address, etc, and are asking for CTax bills, photographs and all the rest of it.

They can stick that!

I could send a photo of my neighbour, and, since they've never met me, [or him], it wouldn't matter.

I originally mentioned that I was interested in recordings of phone calls, or transcripts, but now I'll write back asking for everything that they hold on me, and point out that they have written to me on several previous occasions without finding it necessary to make these types of enquiries.

I presume that it's a ploy to put as much "bu**eration factor" in the way, so that people eventually give up - not with me, sunshines!

Sam

NatWest - Written off!

I'm also going to SAR "Visa", and if either they, or the AA won't refund me, then I'll consider naming them as joint defendants in a Court Claim.

I've plenty of time, and I'm really enjoying this!

Sam

NatWest - Written off!

• 1 month later...

Sent the AA a rather terse letter, explaining that I don't need to sign an SAR, and that because of their incompetence, I now required everthing that they hold about me.

I also reminded them that they still have forty days to comply, and that the time taken by them, would be mentioned in any subsequent proceedings, etc.

It looked very good, even I believed what I'd written!

They sent the stuff - a thick envelope full - but there's bits missed out, the phone calls that they made to me, when I was stuck at traffic lights, explaining that they wouldn't be arriving to help me, because they were "Too busy"!

They include a letter which came with my AA card which had various terms and conditions.

I never got their card or conditions.

Also another letter, the following year, with my "Silver" card - I never received those either.

When I rang for help, I was using the membership number that I had written down when I joined by telephone!

Now an S A R for Visa, I think, and let the pair of them decide who is going to refund my payment.

Sam

NatWest - Written off!

Just send a follow up letter to AA demanding they give you the missing info, or you will issue proceedings in SCC.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Should I tell them what information is missing, or simply that they haven't supplied everything, and let them attempt to work out what is missing?

Sam

NatWest - Written off!