Neighbour problems, accused of criminal damage

mrpenguin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have some ongoing issues with a neighbor over things being thrown into my garden but not to muddy the waters that is in a separate thread.

The same neighbor also has 4 trees in their garden which 'had' branches overhanging their boundary fence. I pruned the overhanging branches and returned the clippings.

An allegation has been made to say that I have pruned parts of the trees that are beyond the boundary fence.

I was invited by the police to come in for a chat and so I did that today.

The short story is that I was presented with a picture taken in the month when I pruned the trees (August). It was pointed out to me in particular a couple of branches that are no longer present.

The allegation is that I must of cut them.

I confirmed I pruned the trees to the extent I stated above, but state I did not prune them as alleged. There are no witnesses to state they saw me pruning the trees at all, only my admission of what I have stated. There are a couple of statements from people associated to the property to say that they did not do it.

All fingers are pointing at me.

To add some more colour, I recently wrote about the property to local authorities in regards to observations of poor care and supervision within the property (it houses vulnerabel adults with learning difficulties) with a copy of the letter also sent to the property. In a possible coincidence, this was a 2nd of x2 allegations made about me within a couple of weeks of them receiving the letter.

I'm now awaiting the outcome to see if there will be 'no further action' or the matter would go to court. I must admit the whole experience was horrid and basically the officer who spoke to me kept saying "it was you wasn't it?" - he wasn't so much as questioning but telling me.

I'd appreciate any insight to the possible outcome given the information I have provided above. I must admit I am worried as my confidence in the justice system is not high but aside form anything else, as far as I can see any evidence is circumstantial?

Regards MrP

Hi Mr. Pen

It smacks of stupidness on the part of your neighbour , it also sounds like the police have nothing better to do then waste their own time. I suspect the police will drop the matter. I'm sure there are neighbours pruning trees all over the country , no doubt branches are cut in error all the time, they don't end up in court.

No doubt they will grow back.

I've read your other thread and it sounds like they are retaliating because you've complained about items being thrown in your garden.

Your entitled to cut over hanging branches and I'm surprised by the attitude of the police. Do the police care about the rubbish thrown in to your garden. I bet not.

I think you need to escalate your other complaint and instruct a solicitor. Show them you mean business and won't give in to bullying. As for the police, they have no evidence. If they invite you to come in to questioning refuse.

• 3 months later...