Beginning of the end of bedroom tax ? Could this be .....

2ltr16valve
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also bearing in mind single persons under trhe age of 34 are only paid "Shared" Allowence regardless of age......

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

well it will probably stay as there was no public reaction when they made the change in the private sector.

The key difference with LHA is that it wasn't imposed retrospectively - those who were "under occupying" private sector homes didn't suddenly find their benefits slashed. It only applied to new claims made after the law was introduced.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Could this be another political ploy in advance of the 2015 election, The Lib Dems have lost a huge amount of ground since becoming the party of political prostitution and jumping into bed with the Conservatives. If they are to make any headway they must be seen to distance themselves from Cameron and his cronies to try and improve their standing in the polls.

There again possibly I just have a suspicious mind.

Could this be another political ploy in advance of the 2015 election, The Lib Dems have lost a huge amount of ground since becoming the party of political prostitution and jumping into bed with the Conservatives. If they are to make any headway they must be seen to distance themselves from Cameron and his cronies to try and improve their standing in the polls.

I don't think you're being unduly suspicious. It's not unreasonable to think that the Lib Dems are trying to distance themselves from an unpopular policy in the lead up to an election. Indeed, isn't that what we'd hope a political party would do?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I totally agree its a ploy ...... both the lib dems and the torys will be coming up with all kinds of crap to get votes, then as usual will backtrack and not deliver. Its all just crap and I really have a problem with deciding whether its even worth voting for any of them.

Of course this is the first shot in their election campaign. Clegg (he's the leader of the non-party), would like more than his mum to vote for him so they thought up this one.

Him nor his party gives a damn about it, they 'voted it in' when it went through parliament. This isn't a simple change of mind, it's bullpooh.

Labour and the Conservatives turn on the Lib Dems after they call for an overhaul of the coalition's housing benefit reform, known to critics as the "bedroom tax".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28339128

If it is the end of THIS punitive tax on the sick, old and poor, I'm confident there'll be another along in a few minutes - just like waiting for a bus with this government. :sad:

"You wait ages for an ill-considered benefit reform, and then three come along at once!"

Since when has cameron ever listened to the other side of the coalition? He's just going to do what he does best. Ensure his business world friends get the best deal and screw everyone else over.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So let me get this right.

The lib dems, yep them lot who promised not to increase tuition fees then as soon as they didnt get voted into government done a about turn and voted with the nasty party to increase tution fees.

Yeh them lib dems who voted to cut taxes for the rich and for the bedroom tax.

Yeh the, we voted along with the nasty party to cap benefits, are now saying "oh the bedroom tax isnt fair and when we voted for it we meant to vote against it so please vote for us next year in the general election. Pretty please. We wont lie again. Honest."

Give me a F...ing break!

Just to underline my comment above....

As Nick Clegg's party announces it will seek to change the policy in this coalition, or pledge to do so in its next manifesto, Newsnight understands there was an opportunity within government for the Lib Dems to amend the policy four months ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28356832

Also bearing in mind single persons under trhe age of 34 are only paid "Shared" Allowence regardless of age......

that is what they changed, it was only done 2 years or so ago. effectively a bedroom tax.

The key difference with LHA is that it wasn't imposed retrospectively - those who were "under occupying" private sector homes didn't suddenly find their benefits slashed. It only applied to new claims made after the law was introduced.

wrong, I was affected and for the best part of a year and half had shared room benefits in my one bed flat as I didn't have the means to move. cost me a fair bit in debt to pay for it. the slash was a lot more as well not the small % for council homes. I had a cut from £327 every 4 weeks down to £225. a third knocked off. £225 HB for £395 rent.

Funny the media likes to go on about benefit claimants not managing money, not many would manage how I did probably.

I am 35 now so its now reinstated, but you are defenitly wrong on the sudden slash part. The only good thing was it was a bit delayed as they waited until my rent review to slash it which was about 6 months after the policy change, they didn't backdate it on the rent review. Otherwise it would have been about 2 years not 18 months.

People on the private sector don't have the home swap scheme, they don't have a social landlord for added security, they applied the change brutally and the person is on their own, with all the thrills of scouring a private market where 99% is no DSS and application fees, credit check fees etc. I actually calculated it would cost me more to move than pay the excess in rent for 18 months. You also may note in the figures I gave that even with the one bed flat rate there was a around £70 different HB to rent.

• Haha 1

wrong, I was affected and for the best part of a year and half had shared room benefits in my one bed flat as I didn't have the means to move. cost me a fair bit in debt to pay for it. the slash was a lot more as well not the small % for council homes. I had a cut from £327 every 4 weeks down to £225. a third knocked off. £225 HB for £395 rent.

Funny the media likes to go on about benefit claimants not managing money, not many would manage how I did probably.

I am 35 now so its now reinstated, but you are defenitly wrong on the sudden slash part. The only good thing was it was a bit delayed as they waited until my rent review to slash it which was about 6 months after the policy change, they didn't backdate it on the rent review. Otherwise it would have been about 2 years not 18 months.

People on the private sector don't have the home swap scheme, they don't have a social landlord for added security, they applied the change brutally and the person is on their own, with all the thrills of scouring a private market where 99% is no DSS and application fees, credit check fees etc. I actually calculated it would cost me more to move than pay the excess in rent for 18 months. You also may note in the figures I gave that even with the one bed flat rate there was a around £70 different HB to rent.

Fair enough, I could well be misremembering. Just to be clear, though, I was referring to the original introduction of LHA, and not more recent changes.