Chargeback VISA/Debit purchase

pepper79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

We moved into our new house last Friday and we had zero furniture as we were buying new.

I saw a great suite deal on www.galaxystores.co.uk (£747 for a matching 3 seater sofa, 2 seater sofa and foot rest)

ordered it Monday evening.

It was meant to be 1-2 day free delivery but heard nothing

tried to log into my account on their site to try and track my order but couldnt,

clicked for a password reminder - it never came

emailed Galaxy who said it would arrive Friday before 5pm.

Friday 5pm came and went and

tried to contact Galaxy Stores only to find they have NO telephone number

had to email them,

they seemed to want to stall me for time by asking me if Id received a text from the courier - I hadnt,

I asked twice for some kind of tracking number which they wouldnt/couldnt give me and

was just told they would sort it out and arrange another delivery day.

I looked up on Galaxy Stores (yes, I should have done this first but their site looked really good) and have only seen bad reviews for them,

how they dont send orders and then dont refund.

I am in desperate need for a sofa and cant really wait as we are all sat on the floor and have been for a week.

My question is, under these circumstances,

can I get a chargeback now rather than waiting a certain amount of time so I can buy a sofa from somewhere else

and tell the people at Galaxy Stores to kindly cancel the order that may never come anyway?

Ive checked my bank account and the money was taken out on the 24th.

Im with Barclays and used a VISA Debit card on Galaxy Stores site using Sagepay.

ETA: Correction, the money has been taken out of my account.

You should give them ample time to try and rectify the problem. you also need to make sure you send a formal complaint in and give them 7-14 days to sort things out. If ther eis no resolution, then go straight for a chargeback.

Others will suggest a chargeback now, but im of the opinion, you give the retailer a chance, even if it is a little shady.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Pepper,

A quick look on the web shows many unhappy purchasers reporting delays or failures to refund.

I would email them giving them just 7 more days to deliver as time is of the essence. Failure to meet this deadline will result in you seeking an immediate chargeback from the bank, so you can source your furniture from a more reliable supplier.

Send an email and send a hard copy by RM Signed For delivery to their postal address :-

Galaxy Stores

17 East Cromwell Street

Edinburgh

EH6 6HD

:-)

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Their financial status isnt too good either.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Any examples?

I've found this info, possible telephone number:-

Phone: +4408452215821

Email: [email protected]

You should give them ample time to try and rectify the problem. you also need to make sure you send a formal complaint in and give them 7-14 days to sort things out. If ther eis no resolution, then go straight for a chargeback.

Others will suggest a chargeback now, but im of the opinion, you give the retailer a chance, even if it is a little shady.