Marston Removal Notice DVLA 'fine' - Urgent please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

May I just say here - when I received Marston's notice I was beside myself with worry! The last few years haven't been particularly good to me but I've struggled through, always getting back on my feet after being knocked down. My friends have either died or live overseas, as does my youngest daughter with whom I was very close to (she's in Australia now). I had absolutely no-one to turn to and scared out of my wits - then I found you lot and haven't you all just been the most brilliant support? You have contributed richly and reinstated my faith in human nature in a quite scary world! I hope each and every one of you read this and take it to heart. You may think you're just giving advice, but it goes way beyond that. THANK YOU!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, and thanks for your post - I emailed Yate Magistrates Court requesting this immediately after talking to a lady at the Court. The automated reply to my email though said it could take up to 10 days for them to read and act on the email.

You haven't got time to wait that long. The link I gave last night has some phone numbers:

Fine queries: 01934 528 528

Enquiries: 01454 310 505 or 01454 338 219

I would start dialling and if you get the same person again then tell them the matter is urgent because marstons are involved. If you get no joy at all then the chances are the Warrant that Marstons have probably derived from https://courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/courts/avon-and-somerset-central-accounts-department

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You haven't got time to wait that long. The link I gave last night has some phone numbers:

Fine queries: 01934 528 528

Enquiries: 01454 310 505 or 01454 338 219

I would start dialling and if you get the same person again then tell them the matter is urgent because marstons are involved. If you get no joy at all then the chances are the Warrant that Marstons have probably derived from https://courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/courts/avon-and-somerset-central-accounts-department

Okay, I'll get onto that straight away! And thanks so much for that!

I've just received a response email from Yate Magistrate's Court informing me that they've put a hold on Marston and will put my case to the Magistrate to have my case reopened. This will be heard on the 3rd of July!!! Unfortunately due to financial straits I won't be able to attend in person, they have requested statements of my means and any relevant information - I'm guessing the former is bank statements? Can any of you think of anything else?

Edited by Lin62
more information added

That is good news Lin.

i am surprised they haven't sent you an Income and Expenditure form to you. Basically what they want is a list of your earnings and what you have to pay out each month to

see how much money you have left over each month. And from that, if a fine is to be charged, they will take into account your financial position and if necessary allow one to pay

over time.

• Confused 1

That is good news Lin.

i am surprised they haven't sent you an Income and Expenditure form to you. Basically what they want is a list of your earnings and what you have to pay out each month to

see how much money you have left over each month. And from that, if a fine is to be charged, they will take into account your financial position and if necessary allow one to pay

over time.

Thank you for that vital information - much appreciated!

Lin62, I am so so sorry to hear that this has happened to you, unfortunately its a common thing and people just dont know where to turn. I am so glad you found us and have been given such great advice as usual.

This link will help with regards to not needing a TV License. https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/cs/no-licence-needed/index.app

Just fill this in and that should be the end of that problem.

Did you send your letter to DVLA as recorded or registered post, if so you should be able to track whether they had received it or not, if not then it really is a good idea to send anything to DVLA by recorded/registered post. I have also had problems with them in the past and because of that I now send everything recorded.

You can do your car Tax online if your have the reminder sent. Have you checked with your bank that the cheque you sent had been cashed. This would also indicate if they had received your letter.

Please explain everything to the court, even if you feel it isnt necessary. Please do keep us informed :)

Lin

You should see whether you can get this transferred to the Magistrates that is nearest to you. Yate should be able to arrange this, if they know which is your nearest court. You will need to attend, if you want to get it sorted.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Lin62, I am so so sorry to hear that this has happened to you, unfortunately its a common thing and people just dont know where to turn. I am so glad you found us and have been given such great advice as usual.

This link will help with regards to not needing a TV License. https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/cs/no-licence-needed/index.app

Just fill this in and that should be the end of that problem.

Did you send your letter to DVLA as recorded or registered post, if so you should be able to track whether they had received it or not, if not then it really is a good idea to send anything to DVLA by recorded/registered post. I have also had problems with them in the past and because of that I now send everything recorded.

You can do your car Tax online if your have the reminder sent. Have you checked with your bank that the cheque you sent had been cashed. This would also indicate if they had received your letter.

Please explain everything to the court, even if you feel it isnt necessary. Please do keep us informed :)

seanamarts - I absolutely don't know what I'd have done without you all!! And thank you for your advice and tv lic link! I stupidly didn't post my V5C, tax renewal and cheque via registered!! I knew I should have but what with my moving costs and everything else that was going on at the time - I just didn't have that extra cash for registered post!

seanamarts - I absolutely don't know what I'd have done without you all!! And thank you for your advice and tv lic link! I stupidly didn't post my V5C, tax renewal and cheque via registered!! I knew I should have but what with my moving costs and everything else that was going on at the time - I just didn't have that extra cash for registered post!

I quite understand, we have all been there.You can send letters that need to be signed that dosnt cost anything, just for future reference ;)

I thought it was recorded, but its called something else. The post office would know.

I quite understand, we have all been there.You can send letters that need to be signed that dosnt cost anything, just for future reference ;)

I thought it was recorded, but its called something else. The post office would know.

Oh I didn't know that seanamart - very handy piece of information! And thank you so much for you understanding - you don't know how much that means to me - I was feeling very vulnerable and isolated when I received that notice from Marston. Thank God for you and the other people on this site who've given me so very much good information and support!

Lin

You should see whether you can get this transferred to the Magistrates that is nearest to you. Yate should be able to arrange this, if they know which is your nearest court. You will need to attend, if you want to get it sorted.

Hi Uncle - apparently I can't. Yate informed me that they are the only court who deals with DVLA cases!