Interview!

essexmat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had the call, I didn't get the job )-: The feedback was that it was between me and one other person and the other person had slightly more experience and a stronger background in the area of work. Apparently my interview and presentation was good and I should be proud of the work I put in, I just came up against someone better unfortunately! Onwards and upwards!

Oh well, back to signing on next week and back to the wonderful INGEUS and applying for more fake jobs :x

Just had the call, I didn't get the job )-: The feedback was that it was between me and one other person and the other person had slightly more experience and a stronger background in the area of work. Apparently my interview and presentation was good and I should be proud of the work I put in, I just came up against someone better unfortunately! Onwards and upwards!

Oh well, back to signing on next week and back to the wonderful INGEUS and applying for more fake jobs :x

Sorry! At least you got the experience of the interview and presentation, which will stand you in good stead next time.

Is there anything you can do to get more experience? Do you think they would let you do some work experience there - they get a free worker, you get more experience?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

The person that phoned me said they would very much like me to work there and it was a very tough call. There may be other vacancies coming up soon that I should apply for and that I should 'name drop' him to get me an interview so there is hope at least. At least I have had the experience of it all!

At least you gave it your best shot and sounds like you can hold your head up that you did yourself proud. Hopefully you'll be less nervous next time.

Good idea volunteering for work experience there. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

At least you gave it your best shot and sounds like you can hold your head up that you did yourself proud. Hopefully you'll be less nervous next time.

Good idea volunteering for work experience there. :)

100% agree, and they have "got your card marked" for something

Good Luck

Sorry you were just pipped at the post - at least they gave the job to someone else for valid reasons. They sound like a decent company, getting in touch with you straight away. Hopefully they'll have your CV tucked away for other vacancies - might be worth giving them a casual call in a few weeks just to enquire (and show them that you're still interested). You never know what will come out of it.

I am sure that you gave an excellent presentation ....although I always suggest to employers that they contact me after an interview if they wish to offer a position and wish to confirm a start date/time, I also ask them not to waste their time to do otherwise. If you gave an excellent contribution to the interview and presentation, and can demonstrate that you can do the job, there is no point in indulging any personnel clerk who insists on being insolent in wasting their time in giving a Post Mortem.

The person that phoned me said they would very much like me to work there and it was a very tough call. There may be other vacancies coming up soon that I should apply for and that I should 'name drop' him to get me an interview so there is hope at least. At least I have had the experience of it all!

The danger with name calling is that, depending on the organisation, they have may a strict policy over canvassing (even citing a name), and some employers will revoke your application.

However, if there are allegedly other vacancies coming up, and the organisation were entirely serious about recruiting you, then you can ignore any need to apply for any vacancy, the person who called you will simply call you up, recommend you for the role, and ask if you wish to be put forward. It is estimated that 80% of vacancies are never advertised, and this organisation can use your existing application.

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Additional information

I am sure that you gave an excellent presentation ....although I always suggest to employers that they contact me after an interview if they wish to offer a position and wish to confirm a start date/time, I also ask them not to waste their time to do otherwise. If you gave an excellent contribution to the interview and presentation, and can demonstrate that you can do the job, there is no point in indulging any personnel clerk who insists on being insolent in wasting their time in giving a Post Mortem.

The danger with name calling is that, depending on the organisation, they have may a strict policy over canvassing (even citing a name), and some employers will revoke your application.

However, if there are allegedly other vacancies coming up, and the organisation were entirely serious about recruiting you, then you can ignore any need to apply for any vacancy, the person who called you will simply call you up, recommend you for the role, and ask if you wish to be put forward. It is estimated that 80% of vacancies are never advertised, and this organisation can use your existing application.

All good advice and I agree - exisiting application should be kept on file and if another vacancy comes up just alter my supporting evidence to match the new role. No need to fill everything in again I guess.