Can I be sanctioned for insulting my rude JCP advisor?

Flagstaff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi sorry you feel like that

Clearly from what you say she is acting way out of order.

First off I recommend you seek medical help. Your doctor should know how you are feeling.

Someone here can advise you if its a good thing to sign off sick for a week to give you some breathing room. Also someone should be able to support you with your complaint and chasing it.

Do not give in to her and do not let them turn you into another statistic. You are worth more than that.

Hey Sabre, thanks for reply, it's appreciated. Just to clarify it was my advisor who was "off sick" (meaning she wasn't in that day) the time I signed, not me! I've had anxiety issues in the past but after CBT I now feel better (I didn't give up on myself and settled down into a life of ESA). I still don't want to give in and apply for ESA because having read these forums there are people with real mental health issues - I'm not in the same league. If people like me claim ESA on a whim because we feel a little sad or stressed out, then it just makes those in genuine need have to be tarred with the same brush. Dig?

Can you help me with my original question please? Thanks x

Aah but 178 of those views could be people in the same boat as you and seek the answers you seek.

Just to clarify my sickness comment i meant that i believe you can have two periods of illness per year on jsa. Someone will be able to help with more info.

Ill keep bumping this thread till the wisdom arrives :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

180 views but no one's got an opinion? OK, fine. Shame though, I could do with some advice...

Sorry we can't keep up with your demanding schedule.

You can claim HB while subject to JSA sanction, though you would need to contact the council directly and explain the situation. However, if you just flat out refuse to attend JCP appointments, you might find that they close your claim instead of sanctioning you, in which case Hardship would not be available.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Aah but 178 of those views could be people in the same boat as you and seek the answers you seek.

Just to clarify my sickness comment i meant that i believe you can have two periods of illness per year on jsa. Someone will be able to help with more info.

Ill keep bumping this thread till the wisdom arrives :)

You can be exempted from ASE requirements for two periods of up to fourteen days in any year of a JSA claim. You would complete form JSA28 and return it to your Jobcentre. No sick note is needed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Sorry we can't keep up with your demanding schedule.

You can claim HB while subject to JSA sanction, though you would need to contact the council directly and explain the situation. However, if you just flat out refuse to attend JCP appointments, you might find that they close your claim instead of sanctioning you, in which case Hardship would not be available.

Sorry Antone - I didn't mean to get all up in your face about it, I thought this was a open free forum and not your personal email, lol :)

OK, I understand the way it is then - basically my JCP advisor can make me go in every day and if I disagree I'll get sanctioned. And there's nothing I can do about it. Hmmmmm, a great help you've been CAG.

Thanks y'all, next time I'll just go on Mumsnet. x

Sorry Antone - I didn't mean to get all up in your face about it, I thought this was a open free forum and not your personal email, lol :)

OK, I understand the way it is then - basically my JCP advisor can make me go in every day and if I disagree I'll get sanctioned. And there's nothing I can do about it. Hmmmmm, a great help you've been CAG.

Thanks y'all, next time I'll just go on Mumsnet. x

How many messengers can one shoot in a single post?

You can appeal a sanction decision, after asking for a mandatory reconsideration. If your grounds for not attending required appointments amount to "I didn't want to", well...good luck with that.

If you feel your adviser is treating you unfairly then, as you've already been told, your recourse is to complain to the Jobcentre manager.

Assuming Flagstaff is still here - :) - what I would do is this;

1. Start recording every conversation with this advisor. Get her on record being abusive or cheeky and let her dig her own grave. You can transcribe the recording onto paper and present it as evidence. Obviously don't tell her you're doing this - you're not obliged to anyway.

2. Ask this adviser exactly WHY you must now attend daily; what benefit will it be to you?, bearing in mind that everything the JC does for you must be 'reasonable in your circumstances and designed to help you'.

3. Get the nice adviser - the one who is totally satisfied with your jobsearch - to make a written statement to this effect and use it in your protest. If there are any other decent advisers who are happy with your efforts then get them state this too.

By the sound of it, this bad adviser will trip herself up eventually - make sure you record it.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks