Car Recovery Firms

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope this is in right place.

Can anyone recommend a reliable but cheap car recovery firm. I have tried internet quotes, but apart from basic local breakdown cover, the prices for national recovery are too expensive for wife as she only covers a tiny annual mileage.

Anyone with experience of "Autoaid" or "Rescuemycar.com"???

Can anyone please recommend a reliable and cheap breakdown recovery firm.

Internet prices are high for national recovery,even although wife only covers a very low annual mileage. All the local prices are good,but too limited in scope.

Anyone had experience of "Autoaid" or "Rescuemycar.com"

I've no experience of the companies you mention, but there are insurance companies offering it free with their policies. It might be worth looking into that when her policy is up for renewal.

Colin, the reason she now needs a recovery firm is that she has changed to a better interest bank account which doesn't offer roadside recovery. Previously, she had AA cover via her bank but this was basic cover and not full rescue.

I have managed to get her full coverage for £22 by adding her to my Mayday policy.

Thanks for replies guys.

I personally use star rescue (easy to find on google) with quite a few electrical faults on my Pug 307 they have always been great and consistently cheap to renew every year.

Edited by defaye

I have used rescuemycar.com for a number of years and found them very good.

They pull the stops out in getting someone to you if your kids are in the car too.

I pay about £40 for their top level of UK cover including home start and relay / recovery.

• 2 weeks later...

A word of warning for anyone reading this thread:

Before you rely on 'included' breakdown packages, usually with your bank account or insurance company, PLEASE read the conditions. Many only have recovery up to ten miles.

I am a recovery driver and often have to break this bad news to stranded motorists

• Confused 1

I agree with the above post. I too am in the motor trade and have this cover included on my bank account. When I took out the account, the lady in the bank said that I had 'full breakdown cover'. I checked the small print, and it is only a basic cover.It only entitles me to 35 minutes of the mechanic's time at the roadside and I have to pay after that. The cover is provided by local garages and not the AA or RAC. Read the small print carefully if your breakdown cover is included on your bank account.