Compliance Interview DWP

JOHNNYBOYJO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello People

Got a compliance interview at the Job center tomorrow. Requesting ID and Bank statements. Now this is worrying me. Nothing i am aware of i have done wrong. I have claimed JSA for over 2 years now and in that time i have not been paid a penny, on any benefits. They tell me i am signing for my stamp. However i get letters from the DWP in Newcastle saying i owe them for stamps not paid (in the period i have signed.!!) I am married with two chilren 15 and 17 of which my wife works and this counteracts any payment i would get from DWP.

So i sign every 2 weeks just for a stamp.!!?

Now i am led to believe a compliance interview is a 1st step to confirm information before a interview under caution.

Now I don't have a passport and don't have a driving license. Bank statement ok. If i am requested to get these do they pay the fee or does it come out of my pocket?

If they have something to investigate surely i have nothing to pay back... ?

I had also been on the work program which was useless and have only just come off that.

Very confused and very stressed at this i can see why a lot of people get upset. Any advice please help. Thank you

sometimes they pull your name out of a list and its just to check you have not changed your circumstances its quite normal, its just a standard letter apparently

Cabot Financial they came they didn't stay and they left rather quickly

Lloyds Tsb - bye bye

Lowell Financial - bye bye

:whoo::whoo::lol::lol:

If you have any utility bills and council tax letters, take them as proof of identity - Not everyone has a passport and/or licence, and the DWP should be aware of this.

Bank statements - Take as many recent ones as you can find going back say 12 months. If the compliance officer wants more, then ask him/her to provide a blank cheque to cover the cost. The DWP have the powers to go to your bank and get the information and don't need to ask you for them if they are conducting an investigation. A compliance interview is NOT a precursor to a fraud investigation. More often than not, it is just a routine enquiry to check that they have the correct data on the system about you.

One last thing - As a pension credit claimant, there was never any mandatory requirement for you to participate in the Work programme. Nor would the provider be able to mandate you to undertake any activity. If the JCP try to force you in to another worthless activity, ask for evidence that your participation is mandatory.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Please remember, compliance interviews can also be that your name has been pulled at random to check that the decision maker processed your claim correctly - a way of checking their employee error rate.

There has been some confusion and concern because two departments were merged - the one that deals with checking employee error rates and the one that checks on concerns about details in a claim.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Hello Thank you for your reply.

Mr p! Thank you for the information regards mandatory requirement. Am very :-x at the fact yet again information given was wrong by JCP.

Well have just been for the interview. All the lady asked to see was ID. Showed her my council tax bill and that was it, she just glanced at it. No bank or bills. She was looking at her computer to see why i was in for the interview. Reason was somebody had phoned in! Asked if i had worked and said no. Well i was shocked.

The reason being that only my wife knows i sign every two weeks! Have not worked.

Then she asked that do i get on with my neighbours? I like to think that I do get on with my neighbours, she explained that’s as far as she can say as the call was so called anonymous.

She asked why i was signing on sill then explained that as i am only getting a stamp that i only needed 30 years credits. So get a pension forecast to see how much is owed in years. if it makes up 30 years and can afford to pay up to then do it and stop signing on. as there would be no need to continue.

Now after a few questions of my own one being, if it ever goes further what happens. She explained that because i have had no benefits she could not see that if any, a fraud investigation would come of any of this. However as she is only there to get a signed statement also, I have to take this with a lot of doubt.

Now I know for a fact if the dwp would prosecute they would just to make an example of.

What an absolute stressed mess this has been. All for what?. Just to sign the same statement I do every two weeks.

Its left me with the question who the hell would be nasty enough to phone in ?

I would now be looking at every neighbour I know with some doubt!