Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Ah I see what you mean. That is unfortunate, but guess there's little I can do then. Thanks very much for your help!
    • OK I sent CCA request on Monday 7/6 recorded delivery with a postal order uncrossed with £1 stating on the back that it didn't go towards any alleged debt.   Wednesday 9/6, received the postal order back from Arrow with a cover letter saying they no longer charge a fee and 'we will respond as soon as we can'   Then on Friday 11/6 morning a letter dated the 10th (they said if we didn't hear back from you by the 11th) I got a letter of claim from Drydens saying 'if you do not provide proposals to repay, legal action may be issued in the county court'.  Along with 'you have 30 days to respond'. Attached is a printout of an income and expenditure sheet.
    • Your attachment was viewable in your first post.   Does the issue you mention with the wallpaper/slight stain really constitute a breach ?  Is it significant enough ?   The wallpaper was probably applied before the wall was properly dry.  But the other possibility, is that the tenants did not open windows regularly to ventilate the room.  It is important for windows to be opened or put into a vent position on a regular basis, to ensure that moisture is allowed out.   If the tenant had clothes drying in the house, with baths/showers being used etc, this may have helped cause the wallpaper peeling  and the damp stain.   Today has been a lovely Summer day in many parts of the UK, so the tenants may not be as quick to respond.  Same issue with replies to this site, so you might get other responses later.   The tenant is unlikely to try to pursue you for the matress or health issue they say is caused by a damp issue.  Unlikely to have sufficient evidence and their own actions may be the cause.   They are most likely deciding whether to complete work in the garden or not.   You are within your rights to hold onto the deposit for now, until the reasonable request to return property to pre let condition is completed.    
    • Oh Yorky, I'm so sorry you're still having trouble with your dad's hospital.   I can't believe they are still being so awkward, I sometimes think they (companies in general, not just hospitals) forget that we put ourselves through this stress and worry not because we want to, or even because we have to, but because we want what's best for our loved ones.   Their advice for you to deliver the form in person is at odds with the advice on their own website stating that visits have been suspended due to Covid. I mean, I would understand if someone wanted you to drop off clothes for your dad, but a piece of paper? Which could end up anywhere? That's... crazy.   I don't know if the following link is worth a try or whether you've been down this road, but the hospital website has details of all the consultants Consultants | North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust WWW.NTH.NHS.UK If you want to find out details of our hospital consultants and contact information you can search for them in our A-Z. obviously you'll know your dad's consultant name, but the phone numbers on there, are they ward ones that you've tried before or do they look different?   That said, even if you are more successful with that, definitely still get PALS and as much senior management on board as you can with a formal complaint. You shouldn't have to go to such lengths to get hold of the right people and for the right information, especially at such a stressful time.   You point out that you remember you're doing this for your brother and your dad, which is the best approach. I'm sure they, in their own way, know that you are pushing yourself and pushing the hospital for an outcome as you are is because of them.   I know it's easy for someone on the internet to say "look after yourself", "do this to help with stress" etc, but if you do feel you need extra help with dealing with your stress/worry, please don't be afraid to seek help from a doctor yourself. A "well" you is the best sort of support for your dad and brother.   I wish I could offer more support and I'm sure that if anyone else of the CAG community has any other suggestions, I'm sure they will come here and let you know.  
    • Ok update.  I have spent the last week or two, trying to get help from the Staff Nurses and Matron, regarding the Consultant or someone to have my dads lack of capacity documented, either their own paperwork or me sending COP3. I   they have informed the consultant looking after my dad, who at this moment is sounding very ill, with medical issues on top of delirium and confusion, he is apparently having blood transfusion bag things. not eating and drinking. I have even spoken to the consultants secretary to explain the urgent matter and to have the consultant contact over the last few days WITHOUT SUCCESS, conversion ended today with its a legal form can I take it into hospital personally, er..I dont drive and Im in Northampton, Hospital is Stockton on Tees.    the nurses cant help need to speak to consultant!!!!!!! conversation ended with well I will complain to PALS, GMC secretary of Health or whoever......reply was looks like it then?   I have just compiled a 3 page letter [well e mail one] sent to PALS, I will follow up with a written one and to whoever else I can contact.   I need this medical form before I can do anything else with court or appointee   anyone have any ideas cos Im now at my gasping point, wondering why the hell am I taking on all this stress and worry, then I think of my younger brother, and that reminds me why I am doing it and doing it for.
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

Vodafone debt recovery. Advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

A few years ago i took out a 24 month contract with vodafone,


after this 24 month period was up i was told i had to contact them to cancel the contract or it would continue as a rolling one.


the phone was for a family member and they no longer had the phone or sim by the time the contracts 24 months was up.


I tried to contwct vodafone but was told i needed to call from the phone with the vodafone sim. Which seemed odd.


after a few times calling and trying to end it before the rolling period that i knew nothing about kicked in

they still hadnt agreed to end it for whatever reason and


the people i spoke to on the phone were either rude or unhelpful.


i cancelled payment.


Im now receiveing letters from 'FredPay' in order to rexover a debt of £45.


I refuse to pay them for a service i didnt use and did try to cancel.


Should i pay it and be done with it?


Whats the worst they can do?


I live in Scotland if that makes any difference


Edit* Should also mention they said they would end the contract and service in around 2 months time if i hadnt paid. This is what i wanted in the first place, so should i at least wait till then?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tes


Welcome to CAG


We have a good Vodafone rep on this site who can look into the matter for you.


W advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:



To get this looked into further could we please you ask you to email HERE with the details quoting the code WRT135 - CAGlink31.gif Forum in the subject line



Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number.



To ensure that it reaches Lee could you update the thread with this and He'll get back to them as soon as he can?




Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi and welcome to CAG,


What you have been told is a load of rubbish. You can contact them in any way you like. Sounds like someone didn't want to go through the rigmarole of a cancellation.


All that was needed was the account number plus the security details of the customer.


I bet you did this all by phone as well as they don't keep recordings (if any) for very long at all. I have to say that it is very strange that VF don't keep them safe as in the event of any dispute, they could refer to any calls or is perhaps they don't want to keep incriminating evidence. make your own mind up on that one.


Please follow the instructions above and you should be fine.


As for FredPay (stupid name) ignore them as they can do bu**er all to you.


What I would do is check your credit file as VF are very swift at defaulting a credit file for ridiculously small sums which then screw your credit rating for 6 years.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Link to post
Share on other sites

and don't worry about the DCA


they are not bailiffs



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Teswolf,


Thanks for making me aware of this.


As suggested by rebel, could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?


Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.


Kind regards,




Social Media Comms


Vodafone UK

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the replies however i am unsure on the details you would require. I no longer have any of the documentation or letters that would have any sort of account number neither do i know the phone number used for the phone as i said i didnt use it and gave it to a family member.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Name address number. Things like that they can use to track the account down.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..



If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Teswolf,


Thanks for coming back to me.


As renegadeimp has mentioned, if you could complete the form with your name, address and date of birth, I'll try to locate the account.


Also, to ensure your email reaches me, remember to quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?


Kind regards,




Social Media Comms


Vodafone UK

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...