Worried - DWP Invitation to office interview - ** RESOLVED **

maggieomx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya today I received a notification of compliance office interview, dosent say under caution , asking me to attend and bring passport oe driving licence , and other documents

we need to see are bank statements, wage slips individual savings account evidence of immigration status

im on top rate DLA for both care and mobility and iv had 3 back operations, but its signed by a mans name and under that it says fraud and error service compliance officer,

I am panicking now wondering why they have sent for me ?? im wondering if someone nasty has said im working ??

I am worrying so much im shakeing please help me x

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hiya thankyou im new to this site how will I know if I get an answer ?? I feel so sick with worry x thankyou x

Hi. Well, it will either appear under this post, or you should receive email notifications that someone has posted on your thread.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello Maggie,

Have you actually been working? If so did you inform the DWP about it?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I am a little confused here. Have you been working whilst in receipt of DLA top rate (both components)? If so have they found out you are working and getting paid whilst claiming and you have not informed them? I am not trying to worry you but if this is the case they will bring this up as to why you did not inform them

no im disabled on DLA top rate for case and mobility but the letter says come for interview dosent say under caution this interview has been arranged because my circumstances may of changed and need to ensure payments are correct but it signed by a mans name then under it his title is fraud and error service compliance officer

but my ex daughter in law is trying to cause trouble to keep my son from us and is spreading malicious bad things about us and she works in the bank I bank with so im in process of changing my account as think shes been looking in it but im actually shakeing with worry and feel so sick !

hello I got the letter today I visit my friend twice a week with my son as im going to court over my grandson ex daughter in law is trying to cut my son out of his life she has spread malicious rumours so think ???she might of foned social ?? and said im working.

essexmat is getting me rearly worried now don't know how he is confused as I didn't say I had been working ?

It's compliance so they are just checking what your situation is. They probably have had anon information but decided not to do a full investigation.

Don't worry too much x

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

If you havnt been working, not got savings you havnt declared then I wouldnt be that worried as they do these checks in a random fashion, maybe someone has said something to the DWP but if you have been honest with your claim then there is nothing to worry about

I just want to say do not worry because I had the same letter and it is all good. Mine was signed "Compliance Officer". Other than that, they wanted to see the same documents as your letter lists.

They did not ask any questions, just photocopied the docs. I explained in a covering letter that my bank statements show a few small change deposits when I paid in cash to round up my balance to a tenner to be able to withdraw my last bit of money as cash card, can not pay by card.

My ex had slandered me in every possible manner to all authorities because I called the police when he hit me and he spent the night in custody.

So you may be right in thinking it was allegations that you working. JCP can see on the 6 months worth of statements what money you had coming in, if there is any undeclared income. So if there is any credits apart from the benefits you get, explain what it is. Eg you sold something on Ebay and hence the 20 quid.

All posts I saw up here say their compliance interview went well. When they have actual evidence against you, not just allegations, it is an interview under caution.

It was my JCP adviser / signing on clerk whose name was written above the words compliance officer in the interview letter, which came as a shock. She was off sick on the day of the interview so someone in the JCP photocopied my documents. I asked the manager when is the interview going to take place. He said that was it. I said am I not going to be asked any questions? He said no questions, they just wanted my up to date info as JCP holds my old info and I just returned to them from the Work Programme after two years.

I asked: Why is it called a compliance interview then? He said because they have nothing else to call it. It was two months ago and they dis not say anything about this compliance thing so it's all done, it seems. The adviser is still off sick. Got a new one as Post Work Programme.

Hopefully others will post to say their "interview" went well and OP will not worry. You know you not working so these evil people are hurting you by giving you stress making false allegations. Can DWP get you if you done nothing illegal? No.

this is 2ndtime I have been reported the last guy came to my house and said was accused of having a few cleaning jobs which I hadn't ,he was happy I wasn't working that was about 6-8 years

I go to my friends house twice a week, that's is it I don't go out otherwise

why would the man sign his name as a fraud and error compliance officer ?? if it was only routine ? and the interview isn't under caution? and why do I have to go to the office ?

this is 2ndtime I have been reported the last guy came to my house and said was accused of having a few cleaning jobs which I hadn't ,he was happy I wasn't working that was about 6-8 years

I go to my friends house twice a week, that's is it I don't go out otherwise

why would the man sign his name as a fraud and error compliance officer ?? if it was only routine ? and the interview isn't under caution? and why do I have to go to the office ?

I can't say specifically why the officer has signed "Fraud and Error" but it does sound like a Compliance interview, which is almost certainly routine. It is possible that they have received some anonymous information about you (say, if someone has maliciously reported you for fraud) but if they really thought you'd done something wrong then chances are the interview would be with Fraud Investigation Service, not Compliance, and it would be under caution. So even if it is a relative or friend who has something against you, it doesn't sound like the DWP is taking it seriously.

If you really would prefer that the officer come to your house, you could contact him and ask if that would be possible. He might be prepared to do that.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

i rang this morning and hes not in thursaday or Friday ! typical and she cant get into his computer to see what its about ,

kk3582 if that's his title that means in being called in for fraud ? his title is fraud and error service compliance officer , if it was only a routine interview why is it not done by a compliance officer, but by a fraud and error officer ? I shakeing with fear and worry

i rang this morning and hes not in thursaday or Friday ! typical and she cant get into his computer to see what its about ,

kk3582 if that's his title that means in being called in for fraud ? his title is fraud and error service compliance officer , if it was only a routine interview why is it not done by a compliance officer, but by a fraud and error officer ? I shakeing with fear and worry

It's still nothing to worry about - he's still a Compliance officer with the same job title and description.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

JUST ANOTHER THING ITS NOT BEING HELD AT MY LOCAL OFFICE ? its being held at one further away , I live in Manchester this is being held in Cheshire east ?about 10 miles away ?? why is it not at my local office ??

It may be just the main office which deals with this type of visit - doesn't mean it's anything bad. Years ago when I put in a hardship claim I had to go to a different office from the normal JC. You know what DWP are like; departments for everything!

In any event, make sure you claim any travel expenses on the day.