Partner's credit history is in tatters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I discovered that my partner's credit history is in serious problem with several defaults from mail order companies

when we opened an equifax credit report for her.

all of these debts are from mail order companies.

I think the late penalty charges all started very small but increased exponentially

and she got scared and stopped paying for them .

I would like suggestions please on how to clear the defaults from her record.

The mail order companies are listed below.

Mail Order Agency from Capquest Investments Limited.

Mail Order Agency from Jd Williams Ta Marisota

Mail Order Agency from Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd

Mail Order Agency from Jd Williams Ta Simply Be

Mail Order Agency from Vertbaudet Uk Limited

Mail Order Agency from Jd Williams Ta The Brilliant Gift Shop

Mail Order Agency from Jd Williams Ta Fashion World

Mail Order Agency from Hennes and Mauritz

Mail Order Agency from Grattan - Grattan Agency}

HI Jimkay

We need more info and amounts on debts etc...

Id be worried about Capquest and Lowell here incase they go for legal action, but please tell us more.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

As above.

Can you post some info about them.

Theyve probably been placed on the file correctly as its a genuine record of your credit.

HOWEVER, if the defaults were placed there due to any charges on the account, then you can challenge them

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have listed the balance on them below .

she was making regular payment on most of them but generally stopped around June last year.Most of them had starting balance around £200 but the charges kept increasing astronomically and that's where she got afraid and chickened out.She did confirm though that she didn't sign anything- it was all agreed over the internet

Mail Order Agency from Capquest Investments Limited (1) , Default / Delinquent Balance £ 139, Current Balance £ 294

Mail Order Agency from Capquest Investments Limited (2) , Default / Delinquent Balance £ 453, Current Balance £ 661

Mail Order Agency from Jd Williams Ta Marisota , Default / Delinquent Balance £ 953, Current Balance £ 1043

Mail Order Agency from Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd, Default / Delinquent Balance £ 195, Current Balance £ 329

Mail Order Agency from Vertbaudet Uk Limited , Default / Delinquent Balance £ 319, Current Balance £ 309

Mail Order Agency from Jd Williams Ta The Brilliant Gift Shop , Default / Delinquent Balance £ 203, Current Balance £ 203

Mail Order Agency from Jd Williams Ta Fashion World Default ,Delinquent Balance £ 212, Current Balance £ 212

Mail Order Agency from Hennes and Mauritz ,Delinquent Balance £ 151, Current Balance £ 151

Mail Order Agency from Grattan - Grattan Agency, Delinquent Balance £ 283, Current Balance £ 250

You need to start thinking about SAR's and sending CCA's out. You seem to have a lot of charges you can potentially claim back. The CCA's will tell you if the new owners can actually legally enforce the debts.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

you prob only need 2 sars

I to JDW

I to Shop direct

what are the dates ranges of the defaults in the debt summaries please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

With mail order accounts the delivery and payment for the 1st order is confirmation that the account has been opened and you agree to the terms & conditions, signature is not required.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brigadier2jcs

I am not really contesting the acceptance of the agreements per se.

what I'd like to achieve is a freeze on the interests , claim back any unreasonable charges , agree an affordable repayment plan and remove the defaults from credit file.

I know you don't approach these credit companies begging or else they will take me to the slaughterhouse.

is it ok if I CCA all of them and SAR JD and Capquest?

I'm under the impression that if the debt has defaulted, interest can no longer be added. I'm sure Brig/DX will correct me if that's wrong. you are wrong yes - dx

With regard to the charges you mention, they need to be justified especially the DCA's charges

- see when the info comes back how much they have added on.

I believe the defaults will only be removed in two circumstances,

if the charges are unlawful and they agree they will remove it, otherwise it's a six year wait.

They will mark the debt as settled when it is paid but it will still stay on her record.

There are no shortcuts to cleaning up a credit record with that many defaults unfortunately!

Thanks Brigadier2jcs

I am not really contesting the acceptance of the agreements per se.

what I'd like to achieve is a freeze on the interests , claim back any unreasonable charges , agree an affordable repayment plan and remove the defaults from credit file.

I know you don't approach these credit companies begging or else they will take me to the slaughterhouse.

is it ok if I CCA all of them and SAR JD and Capquest?

Hi unfortunately making payments now will nor result in the removal of credit file entries, full & final settlement less than the total balance outstanding will get the entries marked partially satisfied or if full payment is made marked satisfied.

You MAY be able to negotiate with a creditor or DCA on an F&F settlement to get all negative data removed but increasingly they are refused.

Partially satisfied or satisfied debts should remain on the credit file for the balance of the six year life of the default.

SARs go to the original creditors not DCAs who will have little data apart from that supplied when the portfolio of debts was sold.

My concern here is the actual amount outstanding as if these should get into the hands of the Likes of the Lowell Group which sometimes consolidates all the debts they hold on one individual and if this amount is over £750.00 issue a Statutory Demand (1st Step in the Bankruptcy process).

Capquest is not any "easy" DCA to deal with.

You don't need to write "begging" letters a straight forward statement of finances. I&E and see what is reasonably affordable and stick to that amount, these debts are Not Priorities.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: