TV License to extend to iPlayer, possibly?..

porkyp1g
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok people. Whilst it clearly is perfectly acceptable to not have a licence and only ever watch catch up progs. Please dont claim that you dont have a licence and still watch live TV as we dont want to be seen to condone law-breaking.

Absolutely, there is at least one person on here who has admitted to watching live tv, but using his rights to try and keep capita away. If you are gonna take the moral high ground, at least do in a manner that is lawful.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a better scenario. The capital goons arrive, you tell them to bog off and shut the door. Done deal. They cant force entry, they cant get a court order without evidence you are viewing live tv, so they run off after someone more gullible. Therefore, no further input is needed :)

Could not agree more, but if they have a warrant , it will be a different matter. Nobody would suspect the TVL / Capita people of making the evidence up , now would they:wink:.. they have detector vans & magic wands

They cannot get a warrant unless they have evidence that you are watching live tv without a 'licence', or they lie to the judges face. Sadly the latter is exactly what capita are doing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I think we all can agree that there needs to be serious reform - which is likely to be difficult as technology evolves far quicker than legislation ever could.

For all its faults (and there are obviously many), I actually really like the beeb and would hate to think of a world where we didn't have it.

I think we all can agree that there needs to be serious reform - which is likely to be difficult as technology evolves far quicker than legislation ever could.

For all it's faults (and there are obviously many), I actually really like the beeb and would hate to think of a world where we didn't have it.

The only reform that needs to happen, is the BBC need to ditch the tax and start advertising like other channels do. I'd rather normal generic advertising over the cringeworthy self advertising any day.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

The only reform that needs to happen, is the BBC need to ditch the tax and start advertising like other channels do. I'd rather normal generic advertising over the cringeworthy self advertising any day.

That's possibly one option. But do consider the beebs remit, if they advertised it would sooner evolve into yet another lowest common denominator station-for-idiots like ITV. I think that's the biggest issue - any alternative model just isn't go to work. But neither does the current one. They're in trouble.

I do find it mildly amusing some of the lengths people go to avoiding £12 a month.

True true. However, i dont think anyone would have an issue if the money was split. It isnt. it is 100% a subsidy for a private company to exist. Even if you dont have anything to do with the BBC, you still need to pay that tax.

That's possibly one option. But do consider the beebs remit, if they advertised it would sooner evolve into yet another lowest common denominator station-for-idiots like ITV. I think that's the biggest issue - any alternative model just isn't go to work. But neither does the current one. They're in trouble.

I do find it mildly amusing some of the lengths people go to avoiding £12 a month.

I find this a staggering statement for someone on the site team. The biggest demographic of prosecutions by the BBC/ Capita/ TVL are single mothers on benefits. How is criminalising them going to help?. They will be even further down the ladder of opportunity for jobs to get them back into society & with a criminal record you are not going to get a cleaning position. There will be some on here who will say " they should`t watch live TV then" , no they should`t in an ideal world, but we don`t live in an ideal world. But with little one`s running around it is probably the only entertainment she can provide , she is forced to make a choice as to feed, cloth & buy essentials for her children or pay the TVL tax , it is obvious which one will win.

Subscription [ voluntary] is the only solution in my view.

Proof [ as if it were needed], that the BBC is trying to force & bolt on the TVL tax to the internet. No one will then be able to opt out of the tax. Even if you don`t watch live broadcasts, you will be forced to pay it because you have internet access.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26452235

That article does not say what you claim it is saying.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

That article does not say what you claim it is saying.

Internet being bolted on to the TVL , been the number one priority of the BBC for some time now. If you accept that . Then the article spells out their first steps in moving channels to the iPlayer, this will hopefully persuade the review to enable & facilitate that aim. It is very obvious if you have read the bill put before government in connection with the license tax & the collection amendments, which i posted on here some time ago.

if you watch live tv by any medium yes

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I find this a staggering statement for someone on the site team.

Why? I'm welcome to my opinion, as is everyone else.

The biggest demographic of prosecutions by the BBC/ Capita/ TVL are single mothers on benefits.

The benefits system is pretty generous to single mothers by comparison to single people with no children. Many of my clients in my day job are single mothers, and most of them get by pretty well. As I've said earlier, I don't think the current system works and is in desperate need of reform. I wouldn't want to model to change too much as we would lose much of what makes the BBC unique. As it goes, I listen to the radio more than I watch the TV. I don't know where I would be without 6music. It's truly excellent.

Now if we all move to watching the tellie via t'internet then this will cause problems with some ISPs - fair use policy??

At the moment the BBC is a public corporation not a private company, which is subsidised by the TVL and if you don't have a TVL, when needed, then you get a crimal conviction against you.

How many other companies around the world have that much power?

Now if we all move to watching the tellie via t'internet then this will cause problems with some ISPs - fair use policy??

At the moment the BBC is a public corporation not a private company, which is subsidised by the TVL and if you don't have a TVL, when needed, then you get a crimal conviction against you.

How many other companies around the world have that much power?

Not a huge problem, streaming doesnt take up a huge bandwidth and most ISP and the network in general has been able to keep up with the increased use of iPlayer and others such as Netflix, etc

Yes, the power is disproprtionate to what is effecitively a civil dispute, it is similar to railway byelaws and the regs covering council tax (dont pay this and you risk jail), they are all civil debts, and most other companies cant threaten such draconian outcomes should you not pay them.

Freeview TV aerial plugged in? Yes, power on? Yes, Tuned to a Radio channel EG Absolute radio, NO LICENCE NEEDED (TVL website) Tuned in to ITV3, LICENCE REQUIRED (TVL website)

You could not make it up, yes the TVL is unenforcable & should be stuffed into the rubbish bin of the past.

This is true HWW so I would like to know what a (very rare) search warrant can prove? When they invade a legally licence free household and discover a aerial plugged into a freeview box, how does this prove the householders have been breaking any law, if they have only been using the set up to listen to the radio, how can anybody that has just entered the house PROVE anything else?

Because technically it is capable of receiving the BBC channels. You just didnt switch the channel to it. Its no different than having sky or regular tv and tuning into channel 4 or 5. You can still obviously get BBC.

This is true HWW so I would like to know what a (very rare) search warrant can prove? When they invade a legally licence free household and discover a aerial plugged into a freeview box, how does this prove the householders have been breaking any law, if they have only been using the set up to listen to the radio, how can anybody that has just entered the house PROVE anything else?

According to TVL's own website & FOI answer's, it is perfectly legal to use A TV. colour or otherwise (or freeview box) to listen to/recieve RADIO channels EG Freeview channels 701 & above, with no TV licence - basically, no licence is needed for radio, you must not of course use this TV to watch TV programmes. They do say you should not use a recording box without a TVL.

That is the way it is:-)

Why? I'm welcome to my opinion, as is everyone else.

Where in my post, did i say you were not entitled to your opinion?.

I said, i found it staggering, i clearly did not say, that you were not entitled to an opinion.

The benefits system is pretty generous to single mothers by comparison to single people with no children. Many of my clients in my day job are single mothers, and most of them get by pretty well. As I've said earlier, I don't think the current system works and is in desperate need of reform. I wouldn't want to model to change too much as we would lose much of what makes the BBC unique. As it goes, I listen to the radio more than I watch the TV. I don't know where I would be without 6music. It's truly excellent.

I did not realise that single mothers had it so good.

I did not realise that single mothers had it so good.

Rest assured IDS is doing his best to make sure they and anyone on part time or Zero hour contracts, or a low income household in general, don't have it good either

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!