Anyone else heard that ESA medicals are on hold?

Lilly_Monroe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone else heard that ESA medicals are on hold for the time being.

I read on another forum and the information was taken from

Benefits and Work obtained the memo from the DWP via a Freedom of Information request. It is headed: ‘FOR URGENT CASCADE. Control of the Referral of Repeat work Capability Assessments’.

Apparently there is a huge backlog of medicals, and with the impending ousting of ATOS the DWP have decided to leave people on ESA alone for the time being until they get some replacement sorted out and into place.

This could account for why some people are still waiting medicals, (my self included) some people have not even received their due ESA form).

Could this be true.

It has been reported extensively that repeat medicals for ESA are currently suspended, but I don't know if that applies to people already awaiting medicals or just anyone due to be reassessed in the future.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

It has been reported extensively that repeat medicals for ESA are currently suspended, but I don't know if that applies to people already awaiting medicals or just anyone due to be reassessed in the future.

Seems the whole damn system is in a mess I since read that people are not being told their medical is on hold nor were MPs informed.

Quote from the leaked memo

“The number of cases currently with Atos Healthcare has grown. A decision has therefore been taken to control the referral of repeat work capability assessments. Therefore, with effect from 20 January 2014, further routine repeat assessments referrals to Atos will be deferred until further notice.

“Controlling the volume of repeat Work Capability Assessments should help us to reduce delays for new claimants and those that have already been referred.”

The memo goes on to say that staff must still refer claimants for reassessment where there has been a reported change in condition, giving the example of a claimant placed in the Work Related Activity Group whose condition worsens and who might be expected to move into the Support Group.

Aside from this, however, reassessment of existing claimants is to end until further notice, with no new cases being referred to Atos from 20th January.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Hi,

I've recently phoned the DWP as my two year award is up in one months time.

I asked if I was due to be reassessed and was told my case will be up for review. Guess that could mean anything really but if they are working strictly to their original time frames I think should I receive the forms in the next day or so to give me the four weeks to return them before my end date.

I'm hoping, however, that 'review' means I won't have to go through the whole system again as I only won my tribunal to be placed in the support group less than six months ago and maybe they will just take a look at it and decide to extend it. They only really need to look at my history really to see it wouldn't be worth the expense of a full reassessment as my prognosis is very poor according to their own disability A-Z of conditions.

Like others, I can't bear the thought of having to go through it all again but if needs must I will even though I still haven't regained the ground I lost due to the stress from my last assessment. Fingers crossed that this news is true and that we will be left in peace for a while longer.

The DWP aren't planning on informing claimants of this new development, so I reckon the forms will go out as usual and then be filed away until the DWP find a solution. Unfortunately this won't help any anxiety claimants might have.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Hi,

I've recently phoned the DWP as my two year award is up in one months time.

I asked if I was due to be reassessed and was told my case will be up for review. Guess that could mean anything really but if they are working strictly to their original time frames I think should I receive the forms in the next day or so to give me the four weeks to return them before my end date.

I'm hoping, however, that 'review' means I won't have to go through the whole system again as I only won my tribunal to be placed in the support group less than six months ago and maybe they will just take a look at it and decide to extend it. They only really need to look at my history really to see it wouldn't be worth the expense of a full reassessment as my prognosis is very poor according to their own disability A-Z of conditions.

Like others, I can't bear the thought of having to go through it all again but if needs must I will even though I still haven't regained the ground I lost due to the stress from my last assessment. Fingers crossed that this news is true and that we will be left in peace for a while longer.

It is true - and they are not informing anyone.

They need to get the new claimants processed so need their resources for that.

I imagine this also effects PIP which was already in a mess.

Bit by bit the wheels are coming off the wagon.

Thanks HB.

Well I expect we should look upon this as good news.

Is it a chink in their armour who knows.

I feel that if they are looking to let people move over from WRAG to support whose condition has deteriorated without a medical, then they are in a real mess.

Accounts for why they want to charge for appeals, they cannot cope

The DWP aren't planning on informing claimants of this new development, so I reckon the forms will go out as usual and then be filed away until the DWP find a solution. Unfortunately this won't help any anxiety claimants might have.

I'll let you know if I get the forms, in fact my end date is four weeks from tomorrow so they should be here very soon.

If they do come I'll virtually just copy my last ESA50 as it's too stressful to keep going over and over things. How on earth are people meant to recover from severe psychological trauma when they are constantly being asked to dredge it all up and not being allowed to move on.

I'll let you know if I get the forms, in fact my end date is four weeks from tomorrow so they should be here very soon.

If they do come I'll virtually just copy my last ESA50 as it's too stressful to keep going over and over things. How on earth are people meant to recover from severe psychological trauma when they are constantly being asked to dredge it all up and not being allowed to move on.

They should have arrived as they give you 4 weeks before return date.

Ok thanks Lilly. Maybe they will just review it and give me a bye.

Even though I've been treated very well and fairly through the whole process it's still a tortuous system.

Yes compared to many I have not been treated that badly, but I do object to being made to justify my illness as well as attend pointless interviews with my WP at 57 and a catalogue as long as your arm of illnesses who the hell is going to take me on.

I am a liability not an asset.

Hope all goes well for you.

Thanks Lilly.

I was initially placed in the WRAG group for two years and would have been satisfied with that as my needs are small but thank heavens at the time I read on this forum about the WFI's and the work programme as there's no way I could cope with that. So I appealed for the support group, had the tribunal in my home as I'm unable to travel any distance and they had no hesitation in awarding me the 15 points under section 35. In fact they cut the tribunal short as they heard enough for their decision and didn't want to distress me further.

I truly do feel for those in WRAG who struggle on a daily basis to comply with the requirements yet have no realistic chance of finding employment, it really is pointless.

Thanks Lilly.

I was initially placed in the WRAG group for two years and would have been satisfied with that as my needs are small but thank heavens at the time I read on this forum about the WFI's and the work programme as there's no way I could cope with that. So I appealed for the support group, had the tribunal in my home as I'm unable to travel any distance and they had no hesitation in awarding me the 15 points under section 35. In fact they cut the tribunal short as they heard enough for their decision and didn't want to distress me further.

I truly do feel for those in WRAG who struggle on a daily basis to comply with the requirements yet have no realistic chance of finding employment, it really is pointless.

It is always good to hear when good old common sense plays a part.

Well done on winning your appeal.

In my view its very unlikely those already reffered will be affected. There is a fair few people replying on b&w thinking their medicals are going to get cancelled, I think they wont. I believe this will only affect those who have not got an active refferal.

Thanks HB.

Well I expect we should look upon this as good news.

Is it a chink in their armour who knows.

I feel that if they are looking to let people move over from WRAG to support whose condition has deteriorated without a medical, then they are in a real mess.

Accounts for why they want to charge for appeals, they cannot cope

Most likely they will just stay in WRAG unless the claimant asks for a reassessment with the hope of getting SG.

The memo seems to indicate "change of circumstances" will still be reffered for a WCA.

Its the automatic refferals that are affected not manual refferals. If a claimant on WRAG contacts the DWP stating they should be in SG, in my view they will be reffered to ATOS.

Most likely they will just stay in WRAG unless the claimant asks for a reassessment with the hope of getting SG.

The memo seems to indicate "change of circumstances" will still be reffered for a WCA.

Its the automatic refferals that are affected not manual refferals. If a claimant on WRAG contacts the DWP stating they should be in SG, in my view they will be reffered to ATOS.

Well it still shows they cannot cope - all that talk and money and they have made a pigs ear of it.

It could be they are losing the will - after all there is an election next year maybe they have other things to go chase.

I believe the ESA50's go directly back to ATOS. Meaning they are not sent out until a refferal is made?

I think back to the 2-3 years before I migrated to ESA.

On IB I was been assessed annualy, then Labour announced ESA, and after that point I didnt have a single IB50 or assessment, I was simply parked until I migrated as I believe they deffered indefenitly all PCA's probably not wanting ATOS assessors to be doing PCA's and WCA's at the same time.

This seems a similiar situation, now all ESA WRAG/SG claimants not currently reffered effectively been parked unless they have a change of circumstances.

However those still on IB are now likely to have a much shorter waiting time before migration, this could be the 'real' reason for this policy as it will be embarassing for IDS if in 2015 election people are still on IB.

I believe the ESA50's go directly back to ATOS. Meaning they are not sent out until a refferal is made?

I think back to the 2-3 years before I migrated to ESA.

On IB I was been assessed annualy, then Labour announced ESA, and after that point I didnt have a single IB50 or assessment, I was simply parked until I migrated as I believe they deffered indefenitly all PCA's probably not wanting ATOS assessors to be doing PCA's and WCA's at the same time.

This seems a similiar situation, now all ESA WRAG/SG claimants not currently reffered effectively been parked unless they have a change of circumstances.

However those still on IB are now likely to have a much shorter waiting time before migration, this could be the 'real' reason for this policy as it will be embarassing for IDS if in 2015 election people are still on IB.

I would not mind being parked if it meant being left alone, but I suspect the Work Programme providers might have been told to up their stakes in getting us back to work, which could mean jumping through more hoops for those not able.