Br tax code advice pleade

Fishpie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in receipt of occupation pension and have been for some time, Ihave received some jsa this year, and still registered as self employed, I filed my sel assessment fot last year, but no earnings and same, for this current tax year I will still be below the personal allowance threshold when you total occ/pen & jsa and my pension is now having basic rate tax deducted, In the past I have had this code with no problems can any one shed any light on why this is happening..? Thanks

If your combined Occupational Pension and JSA do not exceed £10,000 per annum then you should not be paying any tax.HMRC would deduct tax from your OCC/PEN as they are incapable of deducting it from JSA or State Pension.I can only think they are taking underpaid tax for previous years.HMRC should give you a tax code and advise you of any back taxes due.

You need to write to them, don't phone them as they are still I think using 0845 numbers

FS

If your combined Occupational Pension and JSA do not exceed £10,000 per annum then you should not be paying any tax.HMRC would deduct tax from your OCC/PEN as they are incapable of deducting it from JSA or State Pension.I can only think they are taking underpaid tax for previous years.HMRC should give you a tax code and advise you of any back taxes due.

You need to write to them, don't phone them as they are still I think using 0845 numbers

FS

They no longer use 0845 numbers for taxes, the helpline number is 0300 200 3300

Thank for the replies, I did receive a code notification, but no explaination,, I am under the tax threshold, I was paid a refund of taxes. on my self assessment (PPI) declaration, for last year's return, as far as I know alls well, I thought it might be due to no earnings as coding came from PAYE not sel assessment