Ebay. Is the seller giving me the run around?

silverfox1961
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all,

Now while I am technically competent I find myself with an issue I am not sure about.

I bought a Pomp W89 quad core mobile from a seller on Ebay. It is a Chinese knock off and looks good.

This is the phone and the seller in question.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dual-Sim-Camera-Cell-POMP-W89-4-7-Quad-Core-WiFi-Smartphone-Android-4-2-Mobile-/380786054168?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item58a89e1418

My issue is, the GPS does not work!

After I contacted the seller he (I assume) replied with this

Please turn on your phone -setting -Location access -select"Access to my location " -then "GPS satellites" will be turn on -last please select "WLAN&mobile network location
I had already done this so I replied saying it still wasn't working so today I got this.

there is one point, indoors, you have wifi, so you can use wifi. Yet, outdoors, it doesn't have wifi, so please make sure your sim card is with GPRS network, without network from the sim card, you can not use GPS. so please open your sim card networking, and try it again, it should be fine
Now, it is my understanding that when outside, the GPS chip should work without having GPRS switched on. GPRS is an additional factor to ensure quicker location.

If I left data roaming on, this would cost me once my PAYG payment expires.

Are they trying to fob me off?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It says that gps is built in and I too would have believed that you don't need to use your network data to use it.

Reading some reviews I found this:

'You do need to manually enable A-GPS when you unpack the phone in order to benefit from the fast first time to lock on the satellites, but after that we found the GPS to be really quick and accurate under all conditions'

there should be gps, if it doesn't work it needs to be returned for refund/exchange.

Make sure you don't go over the deadline to open a dispute on ebay.

It says that gps is built in and I too would have believed that you don't need to use your network data to use it.

Reading some reviews I found this:

'You do need to manually enable A-GPS when you unpack the phone in order to benefit from the fast first time to lock on the satellites, but after that we found the GPS to be really quick and accurate under all conditions'

there should be gps, if it doesn't work it needs to be returned for refund/exchange.

Make sure you don't go over the deadline to open a dispute on ebay.

Thanks for commenting. Done all that was required and still nothing, even by my car the maps says "No carriageway near this location!"

The seller has two more days to resolve before I escalate. At no time have they offered an exchange.

I did read on some other reviews that the GPS chip can be a bit hit and miss

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE