G24 parking charge notice.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i am new to all this,so please be patient with me. Well I parked at Sports Direct car park in St. Helens on 2nd January this year and received a contractual parking charge notice dated 9th January on the 13th. They want me to pay 100 pounds as I was longer than the permitted 60 minutes. I arrived at dusk and left in the dark and didnt even realise it was limited to 60 mins,as I was looking on what was the manned booth when it was the DIY store, and there was nothing on the booth. I parked right round the side of the old DIY store .

Browsing through artices from 2009 to 2013, the general advice given appears to be to ignore all correspondance from G24. I have been trying to compose a letter to send , but now I think perhaps I should just keep quiet and ignore their ltters. Is still the way to proceed??

Hi, BB you made it!!!! Wait till you get the letter "notice to keeper". At the moment they are writting to the driver but they don't know who that is (don't tell them).They will writr again, letter must arrive between 29/56 days from date of "Offence"

When you get the next letter come back and a defence will be formed.

They will send loads of lrtters trying to get you to pay,threatening all sorts of poo. They can not do anything ,don't worry

Thankyou f16, the notice was addressed to me as the registered k eeper, but they state that they do not know the name or address of driver. They then go on to say that under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. i am required to a] pay the outstanding amount if I am the driver.

b]If I am not the driver provide the full name and address of the driver and pass the notice to them .

c]Make a representation against the issue of the parking charge.etc etc

At the moment you are saying nothing. they have to do certain things within a set time frame, if they are "timed out" on any point tough.

You are under no obligation to tell them who the driver was or their details.

Hi BB, are you saying the original ticket or PCN was issued to the driver on the 2nd of Jan or 9th? If not and they have written to you as the registered keeper before the 16th of Jan, they have broken the rules regarding when they can ask for your details already. They have to serve the driver and wait 14 days before contacting DVLA for the registered keepers details. If they have broken that timeline, complain to DVLA and ask them what they are doing releasing your details to that company. Then sit back and wait for the PCN company to whine/beg/threaten.

More wiser heads may be more clued up to the direction you should take from that point.

Hi, i am new to all this,so please be patient with me. Well I parked at Sports Direct car park in St. Helens on 2nd January this year and received a contractual parking charge notice dated 9th January on the 13th. They want me to pay 100 pounds as I was longer than the permitted 60 minutes. I arrived at dusk and left in the dark and didnt even realise it was limited to 60 mins,as I was looking on what was the manned booth when it was the DIY store, and there was nothing on the booth. I parked right round the side of the old DIY store .

Browsing through artices from 2009 to 2013, the general advice given appears to be to ignore all correspondance from G24. I have been trying to compose a letter to send , but now I think perhaps I should just keep quiet and ignore their ltters. Is still the way to proceed??

If you had a windscreen ticket, then they have not followed correct procedure.

If it was by anpr then they have so far...

Needs confirming. Either way you will have to write/appeal to G24.

Looking at Google Street, you missed the sign on top of the booth!

From my reading of the OP's posts he has received a Notice to Keeper from an ANPR system.

2nd Jan parked and over stayed

13 Jan received Notice to Keeper dated 9 Jan (issued and received within fourteen days)

Parking Charge should be disputed to get a POPLA code.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS